Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 22, 2014 2:14 pm  #1571

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

I should listen to that while I'm mowing the lawn, I used to dl old radio shows to my (fake)ipod and do that.  I have been catching up on my fill of British TV this week.  Sadly Call the Midwife and Mr Selfridge seasons are over.  But I do watch As Time Goes On and Miranda episodes over and over and lol always.  Lots of Father Brown, Dalziel and Pascoe and DCI Banks.  And Doc Martin.  The list goes on

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

May 22, 2014 2:28 pm  #1572

oscar66 wrote:

I should listen to that while I'm mowing the lawn, I used to dl old radio shows to my (fake)ipod and do that.  I have been catching up on my fill of British TV this week.  Sadly Call the Midwife and Mr Selfridge seasons are over.  But I do watch As Time Goes On and Miranda episodes over and over and lol always.  Lots of Father Brown, Dalziel and Pascoe and DCI Banks.  And Doc Martin.  The list goes on

I recently finished Downton Abbey and Sherlock and I'm on the last episode of The Bletchley Circle.  (I wait until Netflix gets programs because the PBS stations sometimes cut programs to fit the time slot).  Have you seen the Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries?  Not British but Australian.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 22, 2014 2:30 pm  #1573

oscar66 wrote:

I think I'm going to go with a mystery next and play Mountain Crime Requittal.

I liked that one.  Very Agatha Christie as in And Then There Were None.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 22, 2014 5:21 pm  #1574

stusue -- Major congrats on that CE coupon!  And thank you for the MYSTIKA2 review.

barre -- I'm so very sorry you lost all your progress in AK.  I ran right over to check mine.  fortunately my game is okay.  You might try asking monika about it (Pond Friends).  Sometimes they are able to restore stuff.

I love AS TIME GOES BY and watch it over and over too.  There were a couple of episodes I'd never seen before this season!  What a treat.

I can only manage one HOPA and an episodic game (solitaire, straight HOG, M3) at the same time.

May 22, 2014 6:42 pm  #1575

sandhan wrote:

Barre,  Sorry about losing your progress on AK!  What a bummer!  I lost interest in AK some time ago--can only keep up with so many.  Also dropped  My Singing Monsters and  Antique Road,  at least for now.  Even neglecting MC,  but checking in occasionally.  I boughg  Save Our Park,  but haven't played it.  Bought Legends of Solitaire,  then realized I haven't finished the first one,  so working on that.  I;m re-playing the VV series;  also  Trade Mania.  Hard to focus these days.

Hi sandhan, we haven't spoken in a while, I hope everything's fine in your world.  I uninstalled MC a while back because of the ridiculous quests but since the update made it easier, I re-installed it and will play that one, together with ART.  That should be enough FTP games for me.  Time to get back to my regular games.   I think Solitaire is one of my fav. genres of games and I love playing them.  Glad you're enjoying your games. ((hugs))

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

May 22, 2014 6:45 pm  #1576

stusue wrote:

As for Vegemite, all good little Aussies are weaned on the stuff.  As soon as you start feeding yourself solids as a baby you're given little soldiers of Vegemite toast to hold and eat.  It has such a strong flavour I can't imagine giving it to little kids but we all do and then need it for the rest of our natural lives!    Resorts in Bali have it on all the tables at breakfast as so many Aussies go there on holidays.

Wow, you sure are playing a lot of games at once!  I get confused if all I'm playing is one HOPA and one M3 or TM at the same time! 

I forgot to mention that I also ate Bovril but I prefer Marmite and Vegemite.  

Also forgot to add that I always have a HOPA going at the same time as the other games.  Right now I'm playing Whispered Secrets: Into the Beyond.  I should finish it tonight, I think.

ETA:  Just finished it.  I didn't really like it towards the end.  Next HOPA will be Alex Hunter: Lord of the Mind.

Last edited by barregar (May 22, 2014 10:42 pm)

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

May 22, 2014 6:48 pm  #1577

lilyr wrote:

barre -- I'm so very sorry you lost all your progress in AK.  I ran right over to check mine.  fortunately my game is okay.  You might try asking monika about it (Pond Friends).  Sometimes they are able to restore stuff.

Thanks lilyr.  I already contacted Monika via Boomzap forum.  I doubt she can restore my stuff.  It's okay, I've gotten over it and it doesn't bother me anymore.   Two FTP games is enough for me.

May 22, 2014 9:41 pm  #1578

Too far to read back but what is the general opinion of Royal Envoy (3 or whatever it is called) and has anyone read the comments at big fish for it ? Wendy gave them hell . LOL

I dropped AK long time ago. 

Also has anyone played The Beardless Wizard ? 

May 23, 2014 12:32 am  #1579

OMG a Builder CE.  I better cancel my membership if that's the way BFG is headed!  Royal Envoy a child's game.  I must be one stupid child, then.  I love/hate that it comes in CE cause I'm always tempted to look at the strategy guide.  Actually, more often than not, I do sneak a peek.
I bought the CE for $2.99 direct from Playrix a little while ago but haven't played it yet.  I'm signed up for their newsletter just because they offer their CEs at bargain basement prices shortly before they give them to BFG.  I'll give up the punches to get them that cheap  I just love RE.  I never tried any game like it but it had won a BFG award  so I thought I'd try it and I fell in love.  I upgraded the SE for my very first CE and it was well worth the price.  I'd still say it's the best CE I have.  But I'm a "save the best for last" sort a gal and so I never play the games that I want to, I'm always saving them for dessert.  Being in this thread is helping me to break that  habit, but only a little.
I'm doing a dessert game now, Hidden Expedition Hope Diamond.  I'm liking it but not loving it.  I didn't like the last game I played at all, so I'm enjoying myself enough.  I do like all the fact cards and the HO scenes are really different and fun.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

May 23, 2014 5:49 am  #1580

I don't think I can play Sonya anymore.  I got to a certain point and the game said Okay, Thanks for playing the demo.  Push okay to leave.  So I redownloaded it and now it is all in French again.  I'll talk to CS to see if I can get the English version, I hope.    Wendy, you also had this trouble didn't you?  Did CS give you a hard time about it?

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera