Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 31, 2013 11:29 am  #11

Re: Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

I would think we'll get an update soon since the Christmas stuff is over.

December 31, 2013 1:50 pm  #12

It doesn't seem like you can auction the Christmas stuff.  The toolbox was the last thing I needed but it wasn't in the mine like it was for everybody else.  Guess I wasn't advanced enough.  I did have the glitch where I had to play in silhoutte mode but it wouldn't unlock so I skipped it like they advised in the forum.  Anyway, I completed 3 collections so I got 30 gold bars.  I can't complete any of the regular collections, this game is really chintzy on what it gives you, and the auction prices are insane.  I like Awakenings better, you get tons of stuff each time.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

December 31, 2013 2:13 pm  #13

I've completed 5 bronze collections and 3 silver collections.    And I've found lots of cheap stuff to get for 1 coin (who cares whether i need it or not) to get the achievement for winning auctions.  And the achievements for buyouts are gold bars, so again, I go looking for something cheap and grab it, whether I need it or not.  I don't mind having a bizillion White House stamps bought for 1-5 coins, not if it means I can get energy food or gold bars.

I have that quest with a glitch.  I'm ignoring it and hoping it gets fixed next update.  I'm also ignoring the lady who wants the fountain upgraded.  35,000 coins?  You'll have to wait, sweetheart.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 2, 2014 7:06 pm  #14

Coins are on sale.  I really wish I had money, I'd buy some just to get all the stupid decorating tasks done.  I am so tired of that woman telling me to buy things that cost $5000 each.  I have about 6 tasks bogging everything down because I can't afford them.  I finally spent all my money on the oldest one, thinking that would help, but I didn't even get a new task out of it!  I have to do the fountain, the streets, buy a door, flooring, grandfather clock, and a few other things.  I also have to upgrade the antique shop.  Probably some more that I forgot.  And the only collection I've managed to make was for bricks or something stupid, it was a bronze shoe collection.  I don't get anything special out of the HOs except for the Man on Moon stamp.  All I get is wood, paint, and maybe a tweezer or envelope, virtually nothing, and nothing to collect.  And now I have places that take 75-90 points and I only have 250  I think I'm level 20 or 22.

January 2, 2014 7:20 pm  #15

I've reluctantly decided to start over.  I played stupidly trying to do some of the Christmas quests, which I think made quests come in out of sequence.  And upgrading the lecturn from bronze to silver made silver collectables available, but made bronze once scarcer.  I wasted a lot of resources playing mini games when I didn't have to, thinking it was a good way to experience points and level up, but then when I had to play the mini games for quests, I had none.  So I had to replay HO scenes over and over, and they leveled up and cost ore, etc.

I'm just going to play the tasks as they come in and stop trying to catch up to people who started  playing this game when it was first released.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 2, 2014 7:53 pm  #16

I'm enjoying this game in some ways,  but how come I still don't have anything to sell in my store?  And I like Billy better,  now that I see what a dweeb his uncle is.

Humor will glue your fragments into one whole.  ~Osho

January 2, 2014 9:00 pm  #17

TiramaSue wrote:

I've reluctantly decided to start over.  I played stupidly trying to do some of the Christmas quests, which I think made quests come in out of sequence.  And upgrading the lecturn from bronze to silver made silver collectables available, but made bronze once scarcer.  I wasted a lot of resources playing mini games when I didn't have to, thinking it was a good way to experience points and level up, but then when I had to play the mini games for quests, I had none.  So I had to replay HO scenes over and over, and they leveled up and cost ore, etc.

I'm just going to play the tasks as they come in and stop trying to catch up to people who started  playing this game when it was first released.

Ooh, that's why I don't get anything good from the HOs  I'd like to start over in a way, cause I wasted a lot of stuff doing the Christmas stuff, too.  I did make 3 collections and got 30 Gold Bars, I'd hate to lose that.  A game like this would be fun to start over because you get a lot of playing time in the beginning part and you'd know where everything was.  When I started I wouldn't pay attention and I would level up when I had almost full energy  But then I would lose 30 Gold Bars...

January 2, 2014 10:43 pm  #18

I lost 40 gold bars on collections and probably an additional 40 once the game gets fixed to give the achievement for completing all 4.  But I probably would wind up spending that gold and more trying to buy my way out the mess I made.  I'm just going to pretend I never played before the new year, which was the date I orignally planned to start free to play games.

January 3, 2014 2:33 pm  #19

Well, I'm glad I started over.  I'm seeing quests that I hadn't received before, and they're for collectible items that I never got the first time I played.  I'm doing no upgrades unless asked, playing no min-games unless they are part of a quest.  The only time I play an HO scene if it isn't part of a quest is to get a particular resource needed for a quest ot to use up energy before I level up.

January 5, 2014 4:56 pm  #20

Has anyone found that stupid plushy cutie in the carnival?  I've got a quest for it.  I've played the dumb carnival so many times that I've reached Master.  But no plushy and no locked areas opened up.

Board footera