Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 16, 2013 7:16 pm  #1

Group play for Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge - Oct 1

List of players

TiramaSue - finished
barregar - playing
misscatlady2453 - playing
jkuci
WendyDarling
stusue
teeitup46ok - playing
Noelle
sunshinej - finished

Last edited by TiramaSue (October 11, 2013 5:17 pm)

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 16, 2013 9:06 pm  #2

Re: Group play for Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge - Oct 1

Oh wow. That is a late start for the ND game. I won't be able to start playing it for this until a week or so after the state date. Going to Disney World and I'm leaving October 13 - October 19.

September 16, 2013 9:20 pm  #3

So how about everybody suggests a date?

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 16, 2013 9:45 pm  #4

I'm going to disney Oct 19-21 (Epcot food and wine festival)

Any time other than that is great!

I'm really looking forward to this!  I've never participated in a group play before.

September 16, 2013 10:48 pm  #5

Wow, everybody going to Disney World....lucky people!! 

How about October 5 ?

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

September 17, 2013 12:16 am  #6

I have this game, but I will have no internet that week.  I will get home probably the 19th but I assume I will have to pay attention to hubby and not immediately get involved in a Nancy Drew game.  Or maybe I'll go to ""DisneyWorld" that weekend, I still have a few passes to use up And it's only 50 miles down the road from me!    It's a small world after all, it's a small, small world!  If it gets played before I can get to it, at least I will have the thread to guide me, I've only ever tried to play the Blackmoor one and I gave up pretty early on.  I remember there was a main room with a lot of columns in it and I kept walking into them and getting lost.  I think I'd lag so far behind the group I'd end up getting lost from you, too

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

September 17, 2013 12:18 am  #7

Unless there's a reason for starting on a weekend, if everybody who wants to play either already owns or is going to get the game during Sept, we could start October 1.  That would give misscatlady2453 12 days to finish.  These LFG's usually take a long time, no? 

I think the Adventurous Fishies usually allowed 2 weeks for their group plays.  Don't know if everybody needed that long, but I think we have some people who haven't played many LFG's  (I've only played one) so we may need 2 weeks to get through it.

September 17, 2013 12:59 am  #8

I'm okay with any date.  

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

September 17, 2013 1:54 am  #9

Yay, another game that I already own and have wanted to play and will get to cross off my list! 

I'll be away 20 September - 2 October but I have no problem starting a few days after everyone else.  So 1 October will be fine for me.

But I'm not off to Disneyworld like everyone else - it's a bit more than 50 miles from me.    Nope, I'm popping down to Paris for 5 days while an Aussie girlfriend's there.  Then coming back via the Netherlands for a week to visit/meet a BFG friend (who's not on this site). 

I'm so busy getting organised, though, as well as organising my sister's trip here at Christmas, that I have hardly any time to play anything!  I only managed 30 mins of The Snow yesterday (1 of the 4 that I got with PCCs yesterday).  And I'll only have my tiny little Netbook with me and that screen's so small that I'm limited in what I can play.    But I doubt I'll have much time to play while I'm away, anyway!  I'll be too busy having RL fun! 

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

September 17, 2013 2:56 am  #10

October 1 should work for me too as the latter date might conflict with an estate sale at my parents' house.  Meeting with an estate sale rep on Wednesday at their house to discuss it and he mentioned October would be the earliest we could have one which is fine with me. Also meeting with a guy that called me out of the blue yesterday regarding whether their house was for sale.  He is a friend of the next door neighbor for years and works at OU so location would be perfect.  Told him I have a potential buyer but will still meet with him, never know when something might not work out.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Board footera