Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 16, 2013 2:14 pm  #641

Re: Finish your games challenge

I'm debating on if I'm going to try and get the $8.99 CE deal from the weekend today for a bonus punch. I want to get Flights of Fancy: Two Doves and I don't know if I want to wait and see if we get a BOGO CE deal this coming weekend.

September 16, 2013 5:20 pm  #642

Hi, everybody.
   I'm in Vermont this week, it's supposed to get down to 26 tonight!  Heading to the coast, and it's supposed to be nice all week, even the 10 day forcast, well, nice in them parts is low 70s.

I've been trying to play Treasure Seekers Visions of Gold.  I am so totally bored with it.   I think this is the third and most recent in the series, but still rather old.  It's the circle kind, but it's really hard to even find the circle.  I was going to Dex it, but decided I would do one room a day.  Each room has 4 or 5 circles.  I'm hinting my way through.  Usually I like circle games, but not this one.  I didn't really care for the others in the series either, but they were bright and shiny way back when they came out.  It's kinda neat to play an old game, even if it sucks

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

September 16, 2013 5:31 pm  #643

Wow!  Everyone is finishing games left and right!  I've played ALLORA  and and enjoyed it.  I just finished my last SAMANTHA SWIFT.  Wish I had another.  A couple of months ago someone said that there would be another BRUNHILDA game coming out.  I'd love another of those too.  Now I have to check my list and decide what I want to play next.

And thanks for mentioning PCCs.  I have at least a couple that I have to redeem.

September 16, 2013 6:45 pm  #644

WendyDarling wrote:

Hi, everybody.
   I'm in Vermont this week, it's supposed to get down to 26 tonight!  Heading to the coast, and it's supposed to be nice all week, even the 10 day forcast, well, nice in them parts is low 70s.

I've been trying to play Treasure Seekers Visions of Gold.  I am so totally bored with it.   I think this is the third and most recent in the series, but still rather old.  It's the circle kind, but it's really hard to even find the circle.  I was going to Dex it, but decided I would do one room a day.  Each room has 4 or 5 circles.  I'm hinting my way through.  Usually I like circle games, but not this one.  I didn't really care for the others in the series either, but they were bright and shiny way back when they came out.  It's kinda neat to play an old game, even if it sucks

Hey, Wendy!!

I hope you weren't at that CT carnival where people died on a ride.  

Congratulations on picking up the old games and trying to finish them.  You are a bright shiny example of a Finisher.  A role model even.....

Last edited by jkuci (September 16, 2013 6:45 pm)

September 17, 2013 1:18 am  #645

Hi Wendy, so nice to see you again.  I thought your special song was so touching and sentimental.  I've never heard it before so thank you for sharing it with us.  

Hi Jkuci, how are you doing nowadays?  Did you say that you finished the bonus chapter of Wild Hunt?  I'm dying to get that game but have to wait.   Everybody seems to be heading for Disney World next month...is there supposed to be something special going on in October?  I've never been to Disney World or Disneyland.  My hubby wanted us to go but that can no longer be.  

I am now going through the phase where I am getting tired of playing HOPA's.  I have bought another M3 today, so now I am playing 4 M3s simultaneously and I'm happy.  They are -
Imperial Island: Birth of an Empire
The Snow
Magic Time
Lost in Reefs 2
I think it's quite fun doing it this way, once I'm tired of one, I switch to another for a few levels.  I bought Lost in Reefs 2 because it's a little different from the first one, it has an untimed mode, it has achievements, and you get to upgrade your buildings slowly.  I never finished the first Lost in Reefs because it was more difficult and took forever to earn enough money to get the buildings.   

Last edited by barregar (September 17, 2013 4:46 am)

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

September 17, 2013 1:56 am  #646

Finally finished Sally's Salon and I gave it 4 stars but I was being generous. Anyone brand new to TM games, I definitely recommend this one to you! Its fun but its also easy so even with the timer, you don't have to frantically run around like some other games. I didn't play the last level because the last 4 locations with nothing to upgrade made it extremely repetitive and boring but for a newbie, this game would be a great teacher. 

Im playing detective quest-crystal slipper SE and I really don't like it much. I like putting back items in hidden object scenes but I wish there had been some variety and not all of them this way. Its also a game that has a lot of areas where what to do makes no sense or I have tools that could be used for what I need to do but they don't work. I can't use a scalpel to cut open the couch, I need scissors? Anyways it makes this game tedious and the map is the only thing holding it together. So many locations with obscure stuff to do. Amazing I thought this was a dessert game. I don't even remember demoing it? 

For bonus punch monday, I got:
Strange Discoveries-Aurora Peak SE
Echoes of the Past-Kingdom of Despair SE
Burger Shop 2-
I know its old but I couldn't decide! I thought I wanted League of Light dark omens SE but then the reviewers said I should go with the CE so now I have to demo it again to figure out why I wrote I didn't want the CE LOL it has collectibles/achievements so what exactly was my reasoning? LOL

hope everyone has a great week. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. OH YAY! 

September 17, 2013 2:00 am  #647

Tirama! I just opened League of Light-Dark Omens CE and part of the collectibles is collecting jigsaw pieces! So now you don't have to rack your mind any longer. I think there are other games though where you collect jigsaws but this one is the newest 

September 17, 2013 2:23 am  #648

Meg

Congratulations on finishing Sally's Salon  Sorry you don't like Detective Quest: Crystal Slipper  Hopefully it'll get better the more you play. 

I was undecided myself about League of Light: Dark Omens and was going to get the SE.  However, after trying the demo on 2 different computers, I really liked it and decided to get the CE because the collectibles are all different, which I love.  You look for the same object but it might be the real thing, or part of a painting, or part of a sculpture, or a piece of furniture, etc.  So you have to search for it in each scene as you're never sure what form it will take and what it will look like.  So I got the CE but, of course, haven't played it yet.    That's one of the reasons I only got the Myths of the World: Chinese Healer SE - because the one collectible was always the same.

I already have Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak SE but, like you, I also got:
Echoes of the Past: The Kingdom of Despair SE yesterday, as well as
Dance of Death (even though it didn't get many stars I really liked the demo)
The Snow
Imperial Island: Birth of an Empire.

GOOD LUCK AT THE DENTIST TOMORROW!!!!  I hope it's only a checkup and not for something like root canal therapy (which my sister's in the middle of atm and suffering terribly ).

Oh, I just saw the post you made while I was typing this ... the jigsaw pieces are for a jigsaw you do in the achievements room.  I forget what you get when you finish it but you can put the pieces in as you find them; you don't have to wait until you've finished and have them all to start doing the jigsaw.  And that's just reminded me - there are also trivia questions as one of the achievements that you also do in the achievement room! 

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

September 17, 2013 2:28 am  #649

I haven´t been playing much lately, just buying
On the wednesday sale I got Riddles of Fate: Wild Hunt  CE and from Legacy I Bought Echoes of Sorrow 2 (as you mentioned Wendy ). I bought yesterdays DD The Chronicles of Emerland Solitaire (another Punch Card filled!) I passed it when it was new because if you left the screen for just a few minutes (and with the kids it happens all the time...) it closed down and you had to start all over. Now I noticed they had an update April 17,2013!

Wendy, I think I like Puzzle Quest 2 the most.I started with sorcerer but now I have amazon, like you I plan to do them all.

Regarding FTP I´m obsessed by FarmUp I play it several hours a day! I also play League of Mermaids and checked on Rooms of Memory.
I didn´t like Singing Monsters at all.I got it as a preview and leveled up a few times but didn´t actually now what I was doing

September 17, 2013 3:34 am  #650

Well, I did it ~ I finally cancelled my membership, feels really strange after being a member for almost 5 years but I have so many games, it is ridiculous to keep buying more.  If it was only the one credit a month that would be OK but it's the allure of all the sales.  I spent most of the morning reviewing games to use my PCC's/CSC's on, ended up with 12 new games and 3 hanging chads which most likely will just be left hanging.  Started out with one punch and with it being BPM, just couldn't get it to even out. 

I finished Botanica, been playing Imperial Island and decided to start on one of the games I got yesterday.  Anybody ever played The Tale of The Lost Bride and A Hidden Treasure.  I noticed the name when I was looking in the game forum for something else.  Basically it's a HOG with mini games/puzzles. Some called it a "charming kid's game" with a nice music track and PZ had posted two or three times, overall it got more positives than negatives.  It's got teeny tiny items that are difficult to spot at times but you have rechargeable hints (never ran out) and the playing screen is filled with forest greens that hides things too well some time.  You have these three or four forest animals that keep a running commentary of help tips and I will only play it in short bursts as it can get hard on the eyes.  I enjoyed it though and kept thinking about it after I quit so glad I got it.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Board footera