Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 15, 2013 9:45 pm  #621

Re: Finish your games challenge

Stusue,  I've restarted  Nearwood,  and am enjoying it all over again.  You mean the guide tells you how many Snoop Sees are in a scene?  I'll definitely check into that.  I didn't even know how many there are!
     This is kind of embarassing,  but has anyone played the "free-to-play"  game,  My Singing Monsters?  It's by far the silliest thing I've ever seen,  so why do I keep going back?    They will,  of course,  allow you to spend real money,  but you don't have to.  Things progress while you're gone,  so there's an incentive to check in often.  I even like the music,  which I turn off in most games.  Just wondered what anyone thought.  Feel free to gnore my comments if the very idea of such an atrocity makes you cringe.
   I'm also playing  The Chinese Healer SE;   another gogeous Eipix game,  and very different,  with the Chinese setting.  Love it so far.

Humor will glue your fragments into one whole.  ~Osho

September 15, 2013 10:16 pm  #622

Sandhan, I am playing My Singing Monsters, as well as Dark Manor and Rooms of Memory. Haven't spent money . My Singing Monsters is cute. I just check in every once in a while. My whole island is clear of rocks and trees now. Even downloaded a version to my phone. LOL

September 15, 2013 10:18 pm  #623

I'm getting a little annoyed with Death and his daughter because they mostly stand around and tell me what I need to do to help them. (Wild Hunt).  How about a litlle help here....?

There are some amusing animations of a gauntlet (armoured glove) skittering about on its fingertips to gather pieces of Death's scythe.

I'm on the last part of the game now, I think, and I can tell you with authority that you will not need to buy the CE of this game for the Strategy Guide. The hints are great and very specific.

September 15, 2013 10:41 pm  #624

Thanks jkuci.  That's always good to know.  Although the way I've been going I probably already bought the CE!   I read about games that have been mentioned here and DDs and I get all excited -- and then I realize I already own them! Once or twice I've seen that I've even played them. lol

There's a discussion going on on the other board that I belong to about the now defunct but much lamented FAUNASPHERE and how much MONSTERS resembles it.  Some people see it and others don't.  I haven't looked at it but something I read said you grow, feed, breed and house your monsters.  And you might even be able to decorate their space.  If so it sure sounds like a knock off of FAUNASPHERE.  Enjoy it but be very careful.  FS was highly addicting (but in a good way).  Many of us spent lots of RL money with subscriptions. 

September 15, 2013 10:55 pm  #625

Hi Jkuci, you say we do not need to buy the CE for Wild Hunt, but doesn't it come with collectibles and achievements and such?  I would be interested to know if the main game ends conclusively and the bonus chapter is not a continuation of the story.  Anyway, I was planning on getting the CE during a future BOGO sale.

Sandhan, I'm glad you're enjoying My Singing Monsters.  I made a decision not to play any of the "free-to-play" games and therefore have not tried any.  I don't feel that I am missing anything.  I have way too many bought games that I haven't even played, and the list keep growing because I am buying games tomorrow on BP Monday.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

September 15, 2013 11:00 pm  #626

I finished Joining Hands 2.  Definitely easier than the first game.  These 2 games were a nice change of pace from HOPA's.   I'm going to play Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink Collector's Edition next.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 15, 2013 11:23 pm  #627

Thanks for the heads up Lily! I've found so far that this game is very doable (9 Clues). I hardly ever use walkthroughs unless I am playing large file adventure games and become frustrated however even though this game has a lot of locations, so far I haven't had an issue with getting lost. 

Sue
There's a map but last time I tried to use it, it said I was in an area that didn't require map use LOL and Im playing on the most advanced mode. You can change difficulty in the options menu too so its not like you are stuck with it if you can't advance. Id say this game is perfect for inbetween big games like CEs or large file adventures, however its good quality so it could have been a CE if the developers had wanted. I'll let you know once I finish it, what I think but so far I really really like it!

September 16, 2013 1:40 am  #628

Govols,  Oh,  thank goodness!  I was afraid I was the only one juvenile enough to get hooked on the silly thing!  (Singing Monsters)  Never heard of  Faunasphere;  probably just as well.  I refuse to spend any real money,  but why is it so expensive to get rid of the stupid rocks?
There's always something new;  recently learned how to make my monsters happy.  Won't say any more;  don't want to be an evil influence.

Humor will glue your fragments into one whole.  ~Osho

September 16, 2013 2:50 am  #629

Tirama
So, as Joining Hands 2 is easier than the first one, would you recommend playing them in reverse order, 2 then 1?

jkuci
I'm with Barre, I don't buy CEs for the SG but for all the extras, like bonus chapter, collectibles, morphing objects, music, Bonus Room (that Wild Hunt has).  I'd planned on getting the CE in the next BOGOF sale after the reviews I've read but I'd love your feedback on all the CE extras.  And I wish you a VERY slow read of the Dresden Files.

Barre
I also don't play any of the FTP games and I've also got too many games that I've bought waiting to be played.  And I also have 4 expiring PCCs that I'm using today to fill up 2 cards.    But to all those who are having fun playing the FTP games - enjoy! 

sandhan and lilyr
At the end of the walkthrough for Nearwood, following the bonus chapter, it not only tells you how many Snoop-Sees there are in each scene, but it gives you a screenshot for every scene with them highlighted!  But, as I said, they're not in order so you have to find the scene you're in.  I think they did that to make it harder to find them in the WT so it was harder to cheat.    But I found it an extra challenge and so wasn't bothered by that at all.  I'm glad it wasn't so easy to find them.

Meg and lilyr
Thanks for the info re 9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek.  It's as I thought, a perfect in-between game. 

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

September 16, 2013 3:51 am  #630

I've just remembered something that I keep on forgetting to mention re Nearwood.  If you look at the Concept Art in the extras, don't forget to click on the "A" down the bottom as clicking between the "A" and "B" will switch you between the before concept art and the after finished scene, which I found really interesting.

Not as interesting as the concept art in, if I remember correctly, Rite of Passage: Child of the Forest, where they actually comment on the concept art.  That was fascinating.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

Board footera