Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 9, 2013 8:41 am  #81

Re: Group Play for Green Moon - starting September 7

I'VE FINISHED !

So I'm all blue

I thought, what a great ending ... until it just stops suddenly, which I thought was really strange.  But at least I now know why it's called Green Moon

Nowhere near my fav game, but I really liked it as something different, especially the more I got into the game and the story.  Even though I often didn't know where to go (after Task 8 that's much easier), the idea was really simple - you need something, so go somewhere to get it, accumulate everything you need, then back home to make a potion, then back to wherever you needed that potion.

I'd play it again, especially now I understand the gameplay.  However, I have soooo many games still waiting to be played that I'm sure I'll have forgotten all about it by the time I get around to playing it again. 

Good luck and have fun to all those still playing! 

One hint - look around wherever you are as sometimes you need to pick up 2 things from a location and they're not so obvious.  I picked up everything I came across - if I noticed it - then just droppped everything off back home so I wouldn't have to go back and find them all again.  It might be a good idea to make a note of where things are that you haven't used yet so that you know where to find them again (I wish I'd done that as I'd know that I'd seen X but couldn't remember where).

But one weird thing, there was one location where I never had to go.  I went there to see what it was and was told that I could only do Y if I had Z so I left but I finished the game without ever getting Z and never needing Y.  Odd.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

September 9, 2013 10:35 am  #82

Hi everyone,

Congrats Sue , and thank you for all your advices and encouragement!

I finished  the game too!!! 

I also died, my son helped me with the ship game , the sliding puzzle took me about 3 hours, I need to repeat as cook because on the 2nd recipe I forget to put a spoon of sauce, and so on...

Luckily, I was saving it constantly, not problem to repeat!!!

Have all of you good luck, and don't get dissapointed, specially in task 8!

Hope none of you will die, is not a good feeling!

Min

True friends stab you in the front!!! (Oscar Wilde)

September 9, 2013 10:52 am  #83

Congratuations to tose who have finished.   I wasn't going to get anything today, thinking that if Task 8 was taking me forever, so would Tasks 9-12, and I woudn't be ready to play anythig new until the weekend at earliest.  However, I'm off to shop and then I'll go get that cook book (seriously, who would think of looking for it in the kitchen, this is a computer game) and try to finish off Task 8.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 9, 2013 11:17 am  #84

CONGRATULATIONS, MIN !!!!!

I'm normally absolutely hopeless at ** slider puzzles ** and avoid them like the plague.  And this one with ** rotating pieces ** ?  ** thud **  However, miraculously, I managed to do it straight away in about 10 mins !!!!  I'm still grinning!  I can't believe I did it at all, let alone so quickly!  I just followed the usual advice - ** top row - left column - 2nd row - 2nd column - then the bottom corner sorted itself out. **  I'm SO proud of myself! 

And let's not mention my (totally non-existent) cooking skills.    I failed the cooking test the first time because I failed to, I think, stir. 

September 9, 2013 11:22 am  #85

CONGRATULATIONS TO SUE AND MIN.!!!

Wow, you both sure are fast.  I'm not rushing through it, I don't have the time.  I have lots of work to do this morning...lots to print...no time to play.  I hope everyone has a good day. 

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

September 9, 2013 11:23 am  #86

Tirama, I know!  Who would have thought to look for the cook book in the kitchen?    Stupid game for putting something where it would normally be found!  We're just not conditioned for such a thing!    Fortunately for me I'd picked it up in the kitchen, knowing I'd need it somewhere or other, so it was already automatically there for me. 

And once you get over the Task 8 hurdle, it's a smooth slide down to the finish, except for the ** rotating slider puzzle ** of course.  The remaining tasks are all much easier and much quicker, unless you have problems with that puzzle. 

September 9, 2013 11:28 am  #87

Thanks, Barre!  But the game really isn't all that long, it's just Task 8 that takes forever.  Once you're past that one it's a lot easier and quicker.  I used the walkthrough quite a bit up until Task 8 as I wasn't always sure where to go and didn't want to spend hours going to every location until I found where I was supposed to be going.  But after Task 8 I barely looked at the walkthrough as everything is much more intuitive and I was more used to using the portals.  Plus, I don't work. 

Good luck with your wonderful work and with Green Moon!

September 9, 2013 11:36 am  #88

Hey, Min, did you end up going to some place and ** playing cards ** ?  I went there just to see what it was before I finished as I hadn't gone there and didn't need anything else, and was told that I needed something (mind like a sieve) in order to play and then I'd be given something.  Do you know what that was all about?

And how did you go with ** shooting the bottles whilst drunk ** ?  I can't believe I got the first 3 and so was given the ** bullet ** without having to finish!  You notice I'm just trying to focus on all the things I managed to do well and not focus on all the times I ** died, was poisoned, was told I was a failure, etc. ** ? 

I gather you were ** gobbled up by the T-Rex ** as well.  But did you also ** touch the snake and get poisoned ** ?

September 9, 2013 1:49 pm  #89

CONGRATULATIONS to Stusue and Min!

You´re so clever I think I´m going to let this rest for awhile

September 9, 2013 3:29 pm  #90

I completed Task 8, guess I'm halfway done with task 9.  I'd like this game a heck of a lot more if it didn't take so long to allow you to move from place to place.  Waiting for the green (blue, pinky-purple, whatever) button to fill is getting old.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Board footera