Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 31, 2020 12:56 pm  #91

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2019

I recently made a listing of all my games.  Oh my!  Such a lot!

I just completed 3 oldies and can cross them off my list.

Bluebeard's Castle...Game wasn't bad, but is was so slow it was like playing in molasses.

Bluebeard's Castle: Son of the Heartless...Was pretty good, better than I thought.  Game broken up in 4 sections.  Enjoyed the last 3 sections the best.  Nice cartoon artwork.

Kate Arrow: Deserted Wood.  Plenty of HO scenes to do with very well hidden items.  Story is a old one with Grandpa in trouble and Granddaughter needs to bail him out.  5 short chapters, so didn't take long to do.

i ♥ nirvana

February 3, 2020 6:41 am  #92

I have finished:

Vermillion Watch - Order Zero CE. Boring and confusing. I had no idea of doing what and where. I have never used a guide that much! Skipped the BG.
Ghost Files 2 - Memory of a Crime CE. Very fun! Played it in one sitting 
Time Twins Mosaics - Tales of  Avalon. Fun!
Santa's Christmas Solitaire 2. OK. Long, 240 levels.
The Far Kingdoms - Magic Mosaics II. Rather fun.
Whispered Secrets - Cursed Wealth CE. Very fun. Fun HOS and puzzles. Many Collectibles.

I have replayed a bunch of old games:
Treasures of Mystery Island. Still very fun.
The Treasures of Mystery Island - The Gates of Fate. Dexed it after a couple of chapters, didn't enjoy it.
The Treasures of Mystery Island - The Ghost Ship. Fun, but a lot (an immense amount) of walking back and forth and no transportable map. 56 beyond objects. Fun fact: This series was made by Five bn!
I always thought of it as just an Alawar game.
Royal Envoy- Campaign for the Crown CE. Very fun!
Agatha Christie's - Peril at End House.Fun! Hard, it was timed and the objects were teeny-tiny and well obscured.
Murder, She Wrote. Fun!
Mortimer Beckett and the Time Paradox. Fun!
Mortimer Beckett and the Lost King.  Rather fun.
Mortimer Beckett and the Crimson Thief PE. Just OK.

Right now I'm playing Ms. Holmes - The Monsters of the Baskervilles CE.

February 6, 2020 1:28 pm  #93

I bought 1 SE and 2 CEs in January. I only played 1 SE,but it was fantastic!

PARADISE QUEST is an older  (2011) M3 game. But it has much more than your typical M3.  You collect resources and tiles to open habits. Then you have to buy animals with your resources and find them in the habitats. It's set in the Galapagos Islands. When you find an animal it tells you quite  bit about it.  There's  map that "grows". If you are playing in daylight you can jump to areas on the map when your vine is full. The vine doesn't grow at night. If you are on a nighttime level you have to find signal fores to illuminate the section. You can play relaxed , normal or hard. Loved it and am playing it again!

March 4, 2020 4:55 am  #94

I have finished:

Fantasy Mosaics 35 - Day At the Museum. Always fun!
Rescue Team -Evil Genious CE. Fun, but felt very stressfull.
Wanderlust - The City of Mists SE. Barely ok. Puzzle heavy. Silly ending. Unusual with a SE release on GH.
Faraway Planets CE. TM in space. Very fun!
Ms Holmes - The Monster of Baskervilles CE. Ok. Didn't feel connected to the story, just doing the tasks automatically. Short.
Classic Adventures - The Great Gatsby. Replay. Very fun!!!
Redemption Cemetery - Dead Park CE.Very fun! Long. Long BG.
Paranormal Files - Enjoy the shopping CE. Rather fun.
Moai 7 -  Mystery Coast. Very fun!!!
Campgrounds IV CE. Very fun! This time it felt CE worthy with 20 bonus levels and 50 semi-hidden map pieces to find (one in each level). You get another 6 bonus levels (one after each area) when you have put the map pieces together.

Right now I'm playing Runefall  2 (it's very long, each level can take up to 2 hours to finish, I have played over 30 hours and  have played only  22 levels, out of 73!) and different nonograms.

Lilyr, I remember I liked Paradise Quest very much, but when I tried to replay it,it didn't work on my pc 

Last edited by Anki (March 4, 2020 4:58 am)

March 5, 2020 9:31 am  #95

Hi Anki

PARADISE QUEST says it is for XP/Vista & 7 & 8. I have Widows 10 and it worked perfectly for me. I didn't check to see if it ha a Mac version.

March 6, 2020 9:22 pm  #96

I hope everyone is keeping healthy.  I'm  having a hard time keeping my hands away from my face.

I replayed 2 oldies:
Clutter - still found it fun
Dreamscapes: The Sandman  - still enjoyable

And I finished 2 new ones:
Paranormal Files: The Tall man
Paranormal Files: Enjoy the Shopping
I liked them both.  I just have the last Paranormal Files game to get The Hook Man's Legend.  Doing the demo now.

i ♥ nirvana

March 29, 2020 6:29 pm  #97

Ironically I have been stuck playing New York Mysteries The Outbreak CE for the past 3 months. I remember really liking it but then I got distracted and now I am just getting back into it.

The other game that takes up a lot of my time is Township on my iphone. With most free to play games, patience is key but Playrix is generous and gives away a lot of in game cash and they have bi-weekly mini games you can win prizes in too. Its social if you are in a co-op and race in the weekly regattas which I do.

I also play Songpop 2 regularly on my iphone. I've been playing that game since 2012 and its crazy I still am addicted to it.

Hope everyone is well. Maybe I will be able to play more games now that I have all the time in the world it seems. Sunshine, I am also having trouble not touching my face and I bite my nails so I have to be super mindful that I am NOT doing that because sometimes it just happens. EW. Maybe I can finally kick that habit. I thought I had it couple years ago but when I quit smoking, it took over again. At least my nails are short though like all the articles say they should be for this thing lol

March 29, 2020 6:52 pm  #98

sunshine, I LOVED Bluebeard's Castle when it came out especially that scene with the tree leaves but I do remember it running extremely slow. I have the sequel and I have been meaning to play it. Maybe while my lamb shanks braise in the oven, I will try to start it.

April 7, 2020 9:38 am  #99

I have finished:

Detective Agency Mosaics - Very fun!
Dreamland Solitaire - Dragon's Fury. Fun. Very long, 200 levels.
Vacation Adventures - Cruise Director 6 CE. Fun!
Fantasy Mosaics 36 - Medieval Quest. Ok. Tedious music.
My Brother Rabbit CE. Replay. Very fun! Enjoyed it much more this second time!
Rainbow Mosaics - Garden Helper. Fun!
Four Seasons Around the World - Winter in New York Mosaic Edition. Very fun!    Spoiler
Yes they got married
Golden Rails - Tales of the Wild West (TM). Very fun!
Around the World Mosaics II.Ok. Not as fun as the first one, ok with GamePass. Short, only 80 levels.
Mediterranean Journey 2. Boring. Same scenes as the first one!!!
The Unseen Fears - Stories Untold CE. Ok. Boring story but rather fun puzzles and HOS.

Stay safe in these times 

Last edited by Anki (April 7, 2020 9:40 am)

April 9, 2020 1:32 pm  #100

Meg & Anki  Glad you both are doing okay. 

Meg...Did you start Bluebeard's Castle: Son of the Heartless?  I thought it was pretty good.

I played Patchworkz again, but this time I completed it all the way after restarting it.  Did all the achievements, played the extra puzzles and bonus ones.  Was super fun.

Spooky Bonus...After 7 years I  finally completed it.  Didn't restart it though.  It has 100 levels and I left off on 32.  Nice to finish it.  It was pretty good.

Journey to the Center of the Earth... Frustrating as my character keeps getting herself stuck in place and you can't get her moving again.  You need to restart from your last save.  Game was trying my patience as I got tired doing that.

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera