Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 5, 2019 7:44 am  #61

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2019

Today there is a super sale but I will not be buying anything.  I really need to finish up some of the CE's I already own before I buy any more.   Currently playing Mystery Case Files: The Countess Collector's Edition.

Last edited by TiramaSue (September 5, 2019 7:45 am)

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 5, 2019 8:50 pm  #62

lilyr wrote:

sunshinej -- There was some game at BFG recently that said if you liked My Brother Rabbit, you'll love this. Of course I can't remember the name, but I'm pretty sure it came out in August.

Thanks for telling me this me this, lilyr.  I found it and it has a weird name called Varenje.  It plays like Brother Rabbit and Big Bang Story.  Not as cute as Brother Rabbit though.  I did the demo and will buy it when a sale comes up.  I also did a demo on MCF: Moths to a Flame.  It seems puzzle heavy.  I just wished I could see just a little bit more of it to make up my mind.  Anyone else get it?

For August I finished a big adventure game:

Dark Falls: Light's Out  -  I liked it.  Different from what I expected it to be.  Pretty sci-fi.

i ♥ nirvana

September 6, 2019 8:35 am  #63

I'm glad you found it sunshinej. I know a few people who have bought the MCF and are liking it so far, but no one has finished it. No one commented on it being puzzle heavy. They did say it referred back to other MCF games, but I don't know if they meant more Dalimar stuff or different games.

I suck at adventure games. lol

September 29, 2019 10:52 pm  #64

I got a new laptop!!!!!! YAY!! Actually it used to belong to my husband's coworker but he upgraded to a new one and all my husband had to do was wipe the hard drive and reinstall windows and it was good to go! Its nicer than my last one too because its an actual gaming computer whereas my old one couldn't take the size of the games and would freeze constantly.

I had played a game a few months ago that crashed and even though it had been 4 years since I bought it, Big Fish gave me a free coupon for a CE. I bought My Brother Rabbit so I am very excited to try it out but I never demoed it so hopefully it doesn't suck!

Looking forward to catching up with you guys and my games!

October 1, 2019 4:23 pm  #65

megwoman -- Congrats on the new laptop!

September stunk for me. I bought one SE and two CEs, but at least they were "free" (no additional money spent). I've mostly been playing old games. I dis play SPELLARIUM 4 for the first time, but I'm just a bit more than 1/2 finished.

October 1, 2019 8:20 pm  #66

Hi Megwoman...How sweet getting a new gaming laptop.  You'll be playing all sorts of games smoothly now without the frustrating freezing.  I hope you will like My Brother Rabbit.  I thought it was so cute.

I finished Varenje.  I got it with Leaves 2 in a BOGO sale.  Varenje gameplay was what I was expecting it to be like.  The Story was dark themed so I didn't pay it any attention.  Also, This game had no instructions on the puzzles and it took a little while to get used how the hints worked and how to move around to the different scenes.  It wasn't as polished as Tiny Bang game or My Brother Rabbit, but I still liked playing it.

I just realized I had Nancy Drew: Ghosts of Thornton Hall unplayed so I am going to do that one next.

i ♥ nirvana

October 1, 2019 9:13 pm  #67

Hi, Meg.  Glad to hear you got a new-to-you laptop.

I did okay in September.  Finished 3 CE's (Mystery Case Files: The Countess Collector's Edition, Dark City: Munich Collector's Edition,  Memoirs of Murder: Resorting to Revenge Collector's Edition) and 3 SE's (Line-it! : Case of the Stolen Past,  Fantasy Mosaics 36: Medieval Quest, Mosaic: Game of Gods II).  Also played some Pixel Art.

I didn't acquire any new games, so I did make progress.  I'm going to play Haunted Manor: Painted Beauties Collector's Edition next.  This month I'd like to finish the three Haunted Manor games I own, as well as the other two Halloween CE's I bought last year.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

October 2, 2019 12:26 am  #68

I have finished:

Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 9. Very fun, as always 
New York Mysteries -The Outbreak CE. Very fun! I really  like Five-BN's graphics 
Stormhill Mystery - Family Shadows. Ok.
Fantasy Mosaics 33 - Inventor's Workshop. Fun!
Hidden World of Art. Replay. Ok.
Hidden World of Art 2. Replay. Fun.
Hidden World of Art 3. Very fun, but short, under 3 hours! In this, there where no option to watch the painting afterwards 
Dark Realm - Guardian of Flames CE. Good, but the least fun in this series.
Immortal Love - Blind Desire CE. Fun! Better than expected.
Time Twin Mosaics . Haunted Images. Fun! Better than the first one.
Dark Tales - Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore CE. The story was meh, but the gameplay fun.
Travel Mosaics 7 - Fantastic Berlin. Ok, just the same...
The Great Empire - Relics of Egypt. Very fun. As usual I played Relaxed Mode 
Love Chronicles - Death's Embrace CE. Boring.
The Far Kingdoms - Hidden Magic. Just ok.

I bought a game bundle at Indiegala and for the first time, one of the games (of course the game that was the reason I bought it) I got a Steam code that was already used on another account. I contacted the support and got a new code, this was also taken. This happened three times and the support even contacted the dev. The fourth time the code worked! I must give credit to the support that continued to help me 

Right now I'm playing Book of Demons. I had it on my wishlists on several sites but it cost 21.99€. 
I renewed my membership on BFG and bought it for 2.99€ with the pumpkin discount, 65%. What a bargain 

Megwoman, congratulations to your new laptop!

Last edited by Anki (October 2, 2019 2:48 am)

October 19, 2019 9:17 pm  #69

I LOVE the Haunted Manor series however that was when it was by the previous developer. I haven't played any since Eipix (I think they have it) took it over but I saw 3 more have been released so I am excited to try them. I really liked the second one in the series.

Anyway I just finished playing Halloween Stories: Horror Movies CE and I am kind of disappointed. I demoed this game and LOVED the first chapter but it kind of went downhill plot wise after the first chapter I thought and then it felt rushed. It was short because there were only 3 horror movies so 3 chapters and each one only took me about an hour. It did have a lot of collectibles though BUT why doesn't elephant let you go back when finished to find the ones you missed? Seems that would be a feature EVERY developer would have now. I am in the bonus game but find it quite boring so I may just dex it and start a new game.

Haven't gotten to My Brother Rabbit yet lol of course I got distracted by the Halloween games first!

October 24, 2019 8:51 am  #70

I am debating on getting a Halloween Stories game.  Strange,  I don't have any of them or from the other Halloween series that came out today,  Halloween Chronicles.

I saw that the daily deal, a couple of days ago, was Haunted Manor: Halloween's Uninvited Guest.  I was going to get it, but first I wanted to make sure I didn't already have it.  I forgot to check and I missed my opportunity to get it for $2.99.  I didn't remember until the next day.  Oh, well.

I finished Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall.  Maybe I wasn't in the mood to play it because I found it a struggle to finish it.  Some of those puzzles were so tedious.

Right now,  I am playing  Haunted Hotel: Eclipse.  An OK kind of game.  

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera