Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 8, 2013 9:28 am  #51

Re: Group Play for Green Moon - starting September 7

oscar66 wrote:

Do you have to go look at the book each time for tasks? Down to the basement?
I feel a little stupid.  I haven't even finished the first one.  Looking for the parts for the potion maker and for coffee.

Here's a link to the walkthrough

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/walkthrough/green-moon-walkthrough/

You don't hvae to go down to the basement to check the book.  It's in the upper right corner of the screen.  Just click on it.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 8, 2013 11:46 am  #52

I think this is too difficult for me
I´ve finished 3 tasks and I couldn´t have done them without looking at the walkthrough.
I may dex it a second time...

September 8, 2013 12:01 pm  #53

I assumed I'd be able to acces it during the game as well, but there is nothing in the upper right corner.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

September 8, 2013 12:34 pm  #54

Hi everyone,

I'm playing now task # 5!!!

Good luck,
Min

True friends stab you in the front!!! (Oscar Wilde)

September 8, 2013 1:46 pm  #55

Well, I had to start a new game!!!

Yesterday, I did so many mistakes, I could't do properly the task # 5!

Now, I'm going to do that, and I guess nobody is playing now!

Good luck to all of you,
Min

September 8, 2013 1:48 pm  #56

I've finally managed to finish Task 8 - it took hours and hours over 2 days! But this game sure isn't good for my self-esteem. I keep on failing all the minigames and being told what a failure I am before being kicked out of the game. But I **shot the first 3 bottles without a single miss** so I showed them in that minigame! I've just started Task 9 and I'm leaving it there for tonight.

Anki, I've been using the walkthrough as well and I have no problem with that. I don't have the patience to spend ages wondering where to go next. If I can't figure it out within a reasonable time I just look it up. But we're all here if you have any questions or can't work out what to do next or can't find anything. And the walkthrough is just one order in which to do things; you don't have to follow it exactly. It would be a pity if you didn't finish it this time.

Oscar, as far as I remember, when you find the book it just goes automatically up in the corner. You just have to click on it to open it up and see what you have to do. If it's not there then it may be a glitch and you may have to uninstall and reinstall. You shouldn't lose your game files, though. You need the book for every task. Sorry it's not there.

Min, wtg! Good luck with Task 5!

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

September 8, 2013 1:53 pm  #57

Min, don't forget to save constantly. That way, if you have a problem or get kicked out of the game, you don't have to go back far if you start with your latest save.

I've been saving more and more frequently today after having a problem loading my last save from yesterday when I continued today. I had to go back to a previous save which was quite a ways back and I had to remember what I had to do again.

September 8, 2013 2:18 pm  #58

stusue wrote:

Min, don't forget to save constantly. That way, if you have a problem or get kicked out of the game, you don't have to go back far if you start with your latest save.

I've been saving more and more frequently today after having a problem loading my last save from yesterday when I continued today. I had to go back to a previous save which was quite a ways back and I had to remember what I had to do again.

Thank you Sue!!!

Now I'm crazy with task # 6!

Spoiler alert : What I did bad yesterday is to magnetize the iron nail, ergo couldn't do task # 5! End of spoiler.

But I did a lot of things by myself, but without the W., or the forum I couldn't handle totally the game!

Oscar : if you read the book in the basement should be now on the top right corner!

BTW, have a wonderful Birthday, I wrote to you on our thread!!!
Min

September 8, 2013 3:07 pm  #59

Min, you did nothing wrong yesterday! **The nail you magnetised yesterday wasn't the only nail! All you had to do was go and get one of those other ones. I think there were a few outside in the yard.**

There's no hard and fast rule about what you have to use to do certain tasks in this game. For example, I also used the nail like you did instead of the object that is used in the walkthrough but that's fine. Also, when you make the coffee, it doesn't matter which cup you put it in -  the mug in the cellar or the cup from the kitchen. I really like that about this game, unlike other games, when you have a crowbar, a fire extinguisher and a brick in your inventory but no, you can't use those objects to break the window! No, you need a specific glass cutter that you have to go and search scene after scene until you finally find it halfway through the game!

And many thanks for the b'day wishes. I've already replied in the b'day thread.

September 8, 2013 3:17 pm  #60

Anki, I forgot to say that that's why we play games in groups, so we can help each other when we get stuck. I certainly couldn't have gotten as far as I have without the walkthrough.

I'm off to now but I'll be around all day tomorrow to help.

Board footera