Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 8, 2013 1:30 pm  #11

Re: Happy Birthday, stusue

Noelle, many thanks for the b'day wishes. Yes, I'm in Germany and yes, it's still my birthday. I'm 6 hours ahead of the east coast of America, 9 ahead of BFG time. I certainly hope you're having a great day!

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

September 8, 2013 1:40 pm  #12

=18pxHappy Birthday Sue!!!

=14pxMay your new year of life be full of Health, Love, Peace and many games to play!!!
=14px

Gentle hugs,
Min

True friends stab you in the front!!! (Oscar Wilde)

September 8, 2013 1:41 pm  #13

Sorry my mistakes!!!

True friends stab you in the front!!! (Oscar Wilde)

September 8, 2013 2:34 pm  #14

That's Tank, Sue.  he always looks a little mournful. He's my serious dog.  Hope you had a wonderful day.  Many happy returns.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

September 8, 2013 2:41 pm  #15

=18pxHave a very Happy Birthday Sue.   =14pxWishing you a year full of health and happiness.

i ♥ nirvana

September 8, 2013 2:46 pm  #16

Thanks so much for the beautiful wishes, Min. My problem won't be having lots of games to play but rather having the time to play them! But, with health, love and peace maybe I'll find the time to start getting through my loooooooooooooong list of games waiting to be played.

September 8, 2013 2:54 pm  #17

Oscar, your dogs are lovely. And I had a great day, thanks! But I ate SO many things I shouldn't. And I got lots of Aussie goodies from home so my Vegemite has been restocked. Yay! I've been having withdrawal symptoms for months, ever since I finished the last of the supply I bought back last time.

September 8, 2013 3:27 pm  #18

Happy Birthday,  Stusue!  And pardon my Yankee ignorance,  but what is Vegemite?  I must say,  it sounds awful.

Humor will glue your fragments into one whole.  ~Osho

September 8, 2013 4:12 pm  #19

Thanks for the b'day wishes, sunshinej, fellow Virgo!

September 8, 2013 4:23 pm  #20

sandhan, firstly, thanks for the birthday wishes!

Vegemite is something that Australia is famous for but it's definitely an acquired taste. It's a disgusting-looking, stinky, thick black paste that we have on bread like peanut butter. But it's also great on toast with fried egg, amongst other things. We also use it as flavouring in things like stews, as it has a very strong flavour and is very salty. It's also the food with the highest amount of Vitamin B in the world. It's made from yeast but is so strong and disgusting that you really have to learn to eat it as a kid - Aussie kids are weaned on Vegemite soldiers (thin strips of toast with Vegemite on them), although maybe not so much these days as Australia has become so multicultural. The only people I know who have actually liked it as adults are Asians as they're used to very strong, salty foods. But Aussies can't live without it and often travel with it. Hotels in Asia where lots of Aussies stay have it on every breakfast table in the dining room. 

Board footera