Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 22, 2019 3:15 pm  #41

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2019

Hi everyone. Apparently I have gone from a daily poster to a yearly poster ugh. Hope everyone is doing good. I haven’t been here because I haven’t been playing my games because my pc laptop died n I hate my husband’s desktop pc. There is only volume if you wear headphones n his headphones are grimy. His mouse feels grimy. LoL Anyway I’m now playing games on my old iMac and Mac laptop. They will not play any new games so I am playing everything I could never catch up on before.

I played Mysteries of the Ancients 3 Guardians. Was loving it but after I closed it n came back, it didn’t register things I had already done yet had them marked as done so I couldn’t go forward. It had a technical glitch. I didn’t want to start over after playing 4hrs! Big Fish gave me a free game coupon. I bought Brother Rabbit CE but on pc n I can’t play it unless I put the grimy headphones in LoL I couldn’t demo it. Hopefully it doesn’t suck.

Anyway now I’m playing Next Stop that train TM game. I like it so far. Maybe now I’ll be able to play all the games I bought in 2013 lol 6 years behind

May 23, 2019 1:45 am  #42

Welcome back Megwoman25 

May 25, 2019 2:38 am  #43

hiiii Anki

I just finished Allora & the broken portal. Can we say old school? I really really liked it just can't believe it took me almost 9 years to play it. The mac laptop I have access to is running a really old operating system so I can't play any of the new games BUT I can start playing these oldies I bought ages ago. Every game should work that I bought up til 2015. Anyway this would be a great game for a DD or even a free game. I haven't been on BFG forever. Do they still have bonus punch monday? I know they still have all the sales because they are in my inbox everyday. My birthday is about 1.5 weeks away and I think I am going to start shopping for pc laptops so I can enjoy new games.

For the past year, I have been playing the mobile game Township. I am obsessed with it and its free to play so I don't have to actually pay for it. Its developed by Playrix, I am sure you guys have probably heard of it. Playrix is extremely generous and they give away a lot of in game cash and coins. I tried Midnight Castle but the waits were too long and I hated doing the same hidden object scenes over n over. Township though is like time management meets strategy to build your town and grow crops and other things. Right now there is an event to win in game currency and other prizes. Amazingly I am top of my leaderboard but I bet someone will zip by me while I sleep

Anyways 1 game down, a million to go lol

hope everyone is well

Last edited by megwoman25 (May 25, 2019 2:39 am)

May 30, 2019 7:04 am  #44

Hi, Meg.

Yes, BF still has Bonus Punch Mondays, but when there's a three day weekend, bonus punch day might be moved to Tuesday.

If you don't get a new laptop, you could get earphones (much cheaper than headphones) and a new mouse for your own personal use with your husband's computer.  Just unplug them when you're done playing and plug in his grimy equipment back in.

Today and Friday there is a Super Sale.  The game you need to buy in order to get additional CE's at 4.99 is Ms. Holmes: The Monster of the Baskervilles, by Elephant Games.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 2, 2019 7:26 am  #45

I have finished:

Phantasmat Mournful Loch PE. Ok...
Mystery Tales - The House of Others PE. Cheesy about ghosts. Fun puzzles. Long.
Demon Hunter 4 - Riddle of Light CE. Fun!
Dark Romance - Heart of the Beast CE. Rather fun.
Lost Grimoires 3 - The Forgotten Well  Superfun!!! Another Artifex Mundi game with all extras except BG and SG. I really liked the story.
Fantasy Mosaics 34 - Zen Garden. Fun!
The Seven Chambers . Adventure game from Cateia. Very fun!!! Crystal clear graphics. No HOS. SE with Achievements. Some very hard but superfun puzzles! Long. Strongly recommended when coming  to BFG.
Campgrounds 3 CE. Fun! Barely CE worthy with only 20 (harder) bonus levels.
Phantasmat CE.The very first one. Replay. Still fantastic 
Enchanted Kingdom - A Dark Seed CE. Just Ok, slightly boring.

Meg, both Oscar and I are playing Township. I was like you, really hooked, but nowadays I usually just  log in each day to get my bonuses.

June 2, 2019 11:30 am  #46

During the month of May, in addition to completing events in Midnight Castle and working on Clutter Infinity: Joe's Ultimate Quest (500 levels completed), I finished the following games:
Forest Riddles 4,  Vermillion Watch: Order Zero Collector's Edition, Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition, Vermillion Watch: London Howling Collector's Edition, and GO Team Investigates: Solitaire and Mahjong Mysteries.

GO Team Investigates: Solitaire and Mahjong Mysteries was a lot of fun.  There are three different ways to play.  You can either just play solitaire (1 up, 1 down variety), just play mahjong, or play a combination of boards.   You play the levels to receive half of a clue, and after you have discovered all the clues, there is a logic problem to solve (If you are familiar with Dell Crossword Magazines and Dell Logic Problems magazine, you'll know what I'm talking about).  The logic problem has a skip button for those who don't care for that type of problem.

I didn't care for Order Zero.  Dorothy and other characters from the Wizard of Oz (OZ = Order Zero, get it?) seemed a strange choice for a series that takes place in Victorian London.  The two previous games dealt with secret societies and resurrectionists.  This one had Dorothy and her friends from Oz teaming up with Captain Ahab (taking a break from looking for Moby Dick?) as bounty hunters searching for female Captain Nemo who is involved with stealing artifacts from the Verne Museum.  Dorothy as a cowboy boot wearing gunslinger was just bizarre.

The series got back on track with the next two games.  In Blood and London Howling bring us back to typical Victorian novel themes:  vampires and werewolves.  And characters plucked out of novels written by British authors - HG Well's Dr Moreau, Bram Stoker's Dracula, to name two. 

All three games had five chapters, three of which could be played in the order you choose, and a bonus chapter.

Forest Riddles 4 is a nonogram game.  I played in at the very beginning of the month and all I remember is that in some puzzles the colors were very similar which added to the difficulty.  I think there were only one or two puzzles that I had to resort to guessing.  On many puzzles, it took me quite a long time to find the one area of the board that would get the ball rolling and allow me to start coloring in boxes.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 3, 2019 9:52 am  #47

I played 4 SE games (one was a repeat) and bought 4 CE games.

I finally dex'd CLUTTER INFINITY. I'd played 841/875. Some wouldn't play, I refused to play any more of those matching tiles (played about 1/2). I probably could have played a few more games, but I'd been playing for a year.

BIRD'S TOWN was the repeat. A marble popper tht always makes me laugh. You can"build" the town at around 120 levels. After that you cn continue playing. The game jut gives you random paths and you don't amass the things you get by playing, but it's fun. I played up to level 300.

VIKING BROTHERS 3 was a fun TM game that you can play relaxed.

1912 TITANIC MYSTERY is a rather basic HOG with an interesting mystery. It wouldn't play on my Vista computer (it should have) and was refunded. Just for grins I tried it on my Win 10 an it did play. Good game if you are in the mood for an easy HOG with a good story.

July 2, 2019 5:08 pm  #48

June was not a good month for finishing games.  I only finished 2 games -- LARUAVILLE 2, which I didn't like, and PARK RANGER 9. I bought the CE and regretted it. The only thing that it had was a replay of all the minigames you'd already played. I love the Park Ranger games, but I'll probably wait for the SE of the next one. On top of that I bought 2 CEs and 5 SEs.

July 3, 2019 2:05 am  #49

I have finished:

Queen's Quest 5 - Symphony of Death CE. Boring! Even skipped the BG.
Kingmaker - Rise to the Throne CE. Just Ok. I had higher hopes for it...
Royal Life - Hard to be a Queen. TM. Very fun!
Jewel Match Solitaire -  Winterscapes.Ok. Off season 
Secrets of Great Art. Replay. Still very fun (from -07)!!! Straight HO with StD- scenes in between. All with classical paintings.
Mystery of the Ancients - The Sealed and Forgotten CE.Ok.
Travel Mosaics 5  - Waltzing Vienna. Fun.
Reflections of Life - Hearts Taken CE. Very fun! Fun puzzles. Long BG.
4 Steam games.

Right now I'm almost spending all my time on Steam games, but play some HOPA in between.

July 3, 2019 6:05 pm  #50

During June, I finished:

Ominous Objects: Lumina Camera Collector's Edition
Ominous Objects: The Cursed Guards Collector's Edition
Travel Mosaics 2: Roman Holiday
Travel Mosaics 3: Tokyo Animated
Dreadful Tales: The Space Between Collector's Edition
Fantasy Mosaics 35: Day at the Museum
Paranormal Files: The Tall Man Collector's Edition
Paranormal Files: Enjoy the Shopping Collector's Edition

I was a bit disappointed with the two Ominous Objects games.  Mr Jenkins was one of my favorite helpers and the game didn't give him much to do.  And unlike earlier games in the series, there was no room to furnish by using the collectible objects you found.

Dreadful Tales reminded me a bit of the early HOPAS where we wandered around an old abandoned building that was full of junk, accompanied by a clueless boyfriend, fiancé, or spouse who we constantly had to rescue.  Except in this game, you alternated which spouse you were playing, and the other spouse, if present, actually contributed some help and interacted with you.  And unlike the Dark Romance series, there's no helpers passing inventory between the two characters.  Liked this game a lot and I'm interested to see in what direction the developers take this series.

The Paranormal Files games were enjoyable.  In one of the games, the developers poke fun at a standard HOPA action and allow you to remove a cobweb with your hands, remarking as you do so something about not needing a cleaning tool.

I also played some more levels in Clutter Infinity.  700 completed, "just" 175 more to go.

Acquired 3 games in June, 1 CE and 2 SV's, using coupons.

Board footera