Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 25, 2019 9:09 pm  #311

Re: Castle Chit Chat

thank you.... will do...

May 26, 2019 2:35 am  #312

My game froze at 70% of the update. 
Restarted my PC and ever since, have been unable to open the game. 
It keeps attempting a download then gives me the popup message: YOUR SAVE HAS BEEN UPDATED IN A LATER VERSION OF THE GAME. DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION TO CONTINUE PLAYING.
(but that is impossible to do)
………………………………
Submitted a help ticket and here is the reply:

Thanks for taking the time to write in. We're getting in touch with all players that have written in about this most recent Midnight Castle update.

While we haven’t had an opportunity to read through each email just yet, we would like to do what we can to help you pick up where you left off.

Please read through the options below and take the steps that best match the difficulty you've experienced.

Update getting stuck at a certain percent:

If your update is getting stuck at a certain point in the Installation phase, please completely close out of the game and power off the device for a few minutes to make sure that everything has fully shut down. When you power the device on again, please try installing the update again and see if everything finishes installing correctly

Still being asked to update to the later version even after completing the update:

The developers are aware that this issue is happening and are actively working to get this fixed as quickly as possible. While we don't yet have a set date for when this fix will be released, we do want to assure you that as soon as it's available, you should see a notification in your mobile device’s App Store or the Big Fish Games app on your PC.

Progress reset on Android:

Please do not uninstall and reinstall the game as this can result in a brand new game being created instead of bringing back your game progress. If you do see that the progress has been lost, please wait for a new update to be released which will help to correct the cause and get your progress back.

When the update is available, you should see a notification in your device’s App Store.

We definitely want to help, and ask that you please reply to directly to this email if any of the above don't apply to your specific issue. You will keep your place in line and receive a personal reply shortly.

Sincerely,

Big Fish Games Support Team

May 26, 2019 2:50 am  #313

Of course, sent REPLY stating it still doesn't work.

Here is more on the topic, if you want to read more of the same but mostly to see when multiple players report that the game is fixed:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/midnightcastle/messages/2189/1

May 26, 2019 8:20 pm  #314

When I said it was going to be a l-o-o-o-n-g summer, I only meant for me, not everybody else...sorry for the jinx guys!

May 28, 2019 7:38 pm  #315

Well, I'm not amused.

1)  I opened the game around 4 PM, it did a forced download of 4 items, followed by another download of 75 items.  Looked around to see what had been updated.  Beats me.  Valeria still isn't talking, no new puzzles, achievements, avatars to earn, nada. Exited the game to prepare dinner. 

2)  At 8 PM (start of a new day), opened game and received another download of 4 items, and the message: "Your save has been updated in a later version of the game. Download the latest version to continue playing." Been there, done that, already have that tee shirt. 

3)  Waited a bit, opened game again, got yet another two downloads.  Able to play.  Closed game. 

4)  Opened it again. Got that stupid 4 item download and that stupid message again.  Closed game.

5)  Opened it again.  Received the same two downloads I received in 1) and 3).  Able to play.

So...it looks like every time I close the game down after playing, I will receive that stupid 4 item download and have to close the game, reopen it so I can receive the 4 item and 75 item downloads so that I can play.

And I still don't have any new content for my troubles.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 29, 2019 11:01 am  #316

Are you still getting repeated downloads?

May 29, 2019 11:45 am  #317

mdpetdoc wrote:

Are you still getting repeated downloads?

Today everything has been fine.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 29, 2019 7:25 pm  #318

Another update.

Was gifting and got the changes are afoot message.  Another no choice update when the entire East coast of the US and Canada are playing (probably Central Time Zones as well).

The first bit (4 items) went quickly.  Now it's trying to download 60 items. Trying is the operative word.  It's managed to download 2 items (3%) and has been stuck there for 5 minutes.

Are we having fun yet?

Forgot to mention that I had my 2nd game open when the above happened.  Used task manager tyo close the game so I could play something else.

Then I accidentally opened game #1, which immediately dowloaded 4 items and gave me the message "Your save has been updated in a later version of the game. Download the latest version to continue playing."

If Elephant Games/Big Fish don't get their act together soon, I'm done with this game.

Last edited by TiramaSue (May 29, 2019 7:37 pm)

May 29, 2019 7:45 pm  #319

What I don't understand...as I read here and on Delphi...everyone gets the 4 part but I have seen a variety of numbers for the second part.  Does that make any sense to anyone?  In any case, no one identifies any changes.

My game has worked for 2 days and more friends are gifting.  But every time I open it, I expect another surprise.

Last edited by BApple (May 29, 2019 7:48 pm)

May 29, 2019 8:41 pm  #320

I just tried again on game #2.  Got the 4 item download, followed by a 93 item download.  

I am able to play, but who knows what will happen when I close the game and check out game #1.

Last year, we had a castle challenge start on GMT midnight Thursday, June 7.  Is that what the update is all about?  A castle challenge that was supposed to start tonight or next week?

Board footera