Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 18, 2019 9:13 am  #31

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2019

Anki:  Yes, it is now a Nvidia card.  I had a amd radeon card before and had no trouble with this game.. 

Ok, I right clicked the games desktop icon, but didn't see the line that said run with graphics processor.  I clicked on the properties and opened file location folders and didn't see anything either.  I have a win7, so I don't know if that makes a difference.  

I also d/l this game on my laptop which doesn't have Nvidia and it still wouldn't work. The cursor was impossible to control.    The laptop is a win 8.1. 

Thanks for the help. 

i ♥ nirvana

April 18, 2019 12:00 pm  #32

Sorry it didn't help  . I have win10, so that's probably the difference.

April 18, 2019 8:15 pm  #33

Anki:  That's okay.  It was nice of you to suggest something that could help. 

Before I played Return to Mysterious Island I played Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murder.  Now I played Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome twice already and thought it was excellent,  but never the The Lonely Hearts Murder one until now.  This also was a excellent game.  It was like playing a novel and I just love those type of games.  

i ♥ nirvana

April 22, 2019 6:43 pm  #34

I did a demo of My Brother Rabbit.  What a cute game, I think I will get this one.  Gameplay is like The Tiny Bang Story if you remember that one.

i ♥ nirvana

April 23, 2019 9:08 am  #35

sunshinej -- I have THE TINY BANG STORY but never got very far. I'm not very good at adventure games. I'm hoping that MY BROTHER RABBIT will be easier since BFG has a hint button and skip button in their CE.

April 25, 2019 10:19 am  #36

lilyr...  I remember that there was this hard puzzle in The Tiny Bang Story that almost made me not finish the game.  It was a plane and you had to dodge clouds?  by going right or left.  That one was super tough and no skip button.  I wonder what makes MY Brother Rabbit a CE game since no bonus chapter.  I might wait until the SE.  Still debating.

i ♥ nirvana

May 3, 2019 9:18 pm  #37

sunshinej -- I vaguely remember that puzzle.  I bought MY BROTHER RABBIT as a CE because it has hints and skips. The game offered on Steam doesn't have those. From what I've read I'll need them!

April was not a good month. I played 3 SEs but I bought 2 SEs and 4 CEs.

May 4, 2019 9:44 am  #38

The reason the puzzle was so familiar is because I replayed The Tiny Bang Story within the last six months.  Was still pretty tough to me. 

I reactivated my account.  I'm thinking on keeping it for a few months at least. 

Thanks lilyr for mentioning the extras MY Brother Rabbit game has.  That game is one of the reasons I reactivated my account.

With today's sale I will be getting these games:
MY Brother Rabbit
Dreadful Tales: The Space Between - I have been wanting this game since I did the demo of it months ago.
Phantasmat: Remains of Buried Memories
Fright Chasers: Director's Cut

The last 2 I picked going by the reviews and my mood.  I haven't demo them so don't know if I like them or not.  I have been playing  fairytale games and wanted something different.  

4 new games and all of 2018 I only got 3 new ones. Ha!

i ♥ nirvana

May 17, 2019 3:42 am  #39

I have finished:

Dreamland Solitaire. Fun!
Trial of the Gods - Ariadne's Fate (Match-3). Replay Fun and hard.
Trial of the Gods - Ariadne's Journey. Replay. Fun, much easier than the previous one.
Last Resort Island (Match-3). Very fun!
Riddles of the Owls Kingdom - Magic Wings. Rather tedious...
The Legacy - The Tree of Might. CE. Superfun!!!
Endless Fables - Frozen Path CE. Ok, not as fun as the first one.
The Unseen Fears - Body Thief CE. Very fun!
Fear for Sale - Hidden in the Darkness CE. Fun.
Danse Macabre - Florentine Elegy CE. Ok. Short.
Tales of Terror - Art of Horror CE. Very good! Unexpected endings...
Royal Roads.Time Management by 8floor. Meh...
Chronicles of Magic - Divided Kingdoms. Another SE from Artifex Mundi (the House of Fables) with all extras except BG and SG (on BFG there were no collectibles, but they were there in the GH version)
I missed one of each and no possibility to collect them afterwards . Fun and rather hard.
My Brother Rabbit CE. Short. Not as good as expected.

Right now I'm not focused on any game, I play a little here and there 

May 20, 2019 7:11 pm  #40

I am very late in reporting my April stats, not that they are anything to brag about.

Added 6 SE's to my collection of unplayed games.

Finished 3 CE's (Dark Romance: A Performance to Die For Collector's Edition, Dark Romance: Hunchback of Notre-Dame Collector's Edition, Midnight Calling: Arabella Collector's Edition) and 1 SE (Fantasy Mosaics 34: Zen Garden). 

Played  Midnight Castle a lot.  A castle challenge began on March 16 and didn't end until April 14.  The Spring event started on April 12 and ended May 20.  and the Spring Castle Challenge ran from April 20 to May 19. 

Hoping there will be at least 30 days before another castle challenge begins.  It isn't mandatory to play them, but I've completed all 19 of them and I'd hate to break my streak.

Also worked on Clutter Infinity: Joe's Ultimate Quest.  Have finished 375 levels.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Board footera