Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 2, 2019 11:15 am  #1

Finish your games challenge - 2019

Well, 2019 HAS to be a better year for finishing my games.

In December, I finished 5 games (2CE's and 3 SV's) bring my year's totals to 63 games finished (31 CE's and 32 SV's).  However, I added 62 games to my inventory (33 CE's and 29 SV's).  Suppose it could have been worse.

I can safely say that2019 won't be the year I clear my backlog, but it will be the year I complete Midnight Castle's Daily Quests achievement.  Really looking forward to that.  ANd I hope I'll manage to finish more than 5 games a month.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 4, 2019 9:14 pm  #2

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2019

I bought 2 Christmas games in December.  I finished Christmas Stories: Alice's Adventure.  It was pretty good and I enjoyed the Christmas-y feel of the game.  I also bought Christmas Spirit: Mother Goose's Untold Stories which while I like it, it does not feel very Christmas-y.

This year I am going to finish my games that I bought from Gamehouse.  Some of them go back 9 years now.    Yikes!  I am off to a good start finishing Inspector Magnusson: Murder on the Titanic and Dream Mysteries: Case of the Red Fox so far this year. 

Does anyone know how many times you can download the same game from Gamehouse?  I have a feeling the number is pretty low and I am hesitant to delete them after finishing.

i ♥ nirvana

January 5, 2019 6:00 am  #3

I have finished:

Travel Mosaics 3- Adventures in Rio. Very fun!
Roman Adventures - Britons Season One. Superfun!!! I got expert on relaxed mode,but couldn't find the bonus level...
Redemption Cemetery - Night Terrors PE. Fun. but not CE worthy. Only collectibles 12 statues. BG ok, but continuation of the story.
World Adventure. Match-3. Very old, from -09 but very fun.
Edge of Reality - Lethal Predictions PE. Boring.
Day of the Dead Solitaire Collections. Very fun! Solitaire with 100 levels with 3 stages on each , collecting cards to customize your deck and buying different decorations for the graveyard. It even had VO!
Darkarta - A Broken Heart's Quest CE .Replay. I don't know about BFG, but they released a Remastered Edition on Steam. The lost memory shard was where it should be now, but this time I missed one in a kind of HOS.
Time Twins Mosaics. Nonogram from Anawiki. Just ok.
Grim Tales - Graywitch PE. Fun!
Christmas Stories - The Gift of Magi  PE. Loved it!!! Wonderful music, fun puzzles and the cats in the BG. 
Christmas Wonderland 9. Fun!
Fantasy Mosaics 32 - Santa's Hut. Superfun!!!

Right now I'm playing much games on Steam. Two nonograms: Pictopix and Pepper's Puzzles and two puzzles: Animated Jigsaw and Super Jigsaw. I have Lost Lands - Mistakes of the Past PE downloaded but hardly play it at all.

Sunshinej, I was a member of both Real Arcade and GameHouse before I joined BFG and I have always been able to download all the games in my library whenever I wanted.. I don't think there are any limits nowadays 

I searched furthermore and they have something that is called GameHouse Purchase Protection.

Last edited by Anki (January 5, 2019 6:02 am)

January 5, 2019 11:14 am  #4

Thanks Anki, for the information.   Now I don't mind deleting a few games after I get done playing them.

Regarding the Christmas Stories games...I always get the CE just because I like to play the cats in the BG. 

I am playing another game I got from Gamehouse called Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune.  Cute and goofy describes it best.  I'm enjoying it.

i ♥ nirvana

January 8, 2019 5:03 pm  #5

I certainly didn't do too well in December. I finished 2 SEs -- CURSED HOUSE 4 and CHRISTMAS WONDERLAND 9.

CH took quite a bit of time. Some of those levels were hard! I didn't care for CW that much. There were a few scenes where the way the mother's eyes were drawn made her look like an axe murderer, they didn't go to church this time, and the kids got much too much for Christmas. The family did go to the mall to see the Nativity(!?) but, I think, had their backs to it.

And I bought 5 CEs and 3 SEs. The good news is that they were all GCCs and PCCs, so no additional money was spent.

January 13, 2019 9:29 pm  #6

I never saw a Nativity scene at the mall.  How odd. 

I finished Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune.  It was really cute and kept up its goofiness to the end.  I think I got this one at Gamehouse because it had a bonus game and the one at BFG didn't.  Which means you get to help a 3rd  Prince that the witch turned into a frog find his way to his Princess.  I also finished Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose again.  It was awhile since I played this one and you can tell it looks a tad dated, but it was still a lot of fun. 

I started another one of my Gamehouse games called Fallen Shadows.  New Orleans and voodoo and finding a lost grandpa so far and it is supposed to be set 6 months after Katrina, but the city looks okay to me.

i ♥ nirvana

January 17, 2019 2:41 pm  #7

I finished Fallen Shadows.  What a rough game!  I spent more time waiting for the hint button to recharge than playing the actual game.   So many HO scenes and the majority of the items were terrible to find.  Even when you pushed hint and it was circling the item, I still couldn't see it.  That wasn't even the worst part it was a to be continued game, so I never did find grandpa.  This game will be deleted off the computer. 

i ♥ nirvana

February 1, 2019 9:48 am  #8

If you have access to an Intel based Mac, we could use your help testing out Native versions of our Mac games.

If youre interested, post here.

February 1, 2019 11:19 pm  #9

I finished 6 games in January:

Christmas Stories: Alice's Adventures Collector's Edition
The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Collector's Edition
Punished Talents: Dark Knowledge Collector's Edition
Brazilian Adventure
Hiddenverse: The Iron Tower
Hiddenverse: Tale of Ariadna

I really enjoyed Punished Talents: Dark Knowledge.  It was a straight murder/kidnapping mystery - no portal, aliens, ghosts, vampires, zombies, etc.  Good storyline, twist at the end, only complaint was that the ending seemed rushed.  Wanted a bit more info about the motivation of the guilty party.  Bonus chapter is a sequel involving same guilty party, but again, not more info as to why.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

February 5, 2019 11:16 pm  #10

These are the games I finished since my last posting

1.  Burger Shop 2...My favorite TM game.  I am calling it finished even though I wasn't able to get perfect on 2 levels.  I tried many, many times.

2.  Escape: Rosecliff Island...I played this one years ago and made it to level 17.  I figured I would start there instead of restarting.  Game has 25 levels and it is a straight HOG.  Game gets tedious fast and the ending is anti-climatic.

3.  Surburan Mysteries: The Labyrinths of the Past...I finished it, but didn't care too much for it.  It had weird HO scenes and I didn't know where to go much of the time.  Going to delete it.

4.  Classic Adventures: The Great Gatsby...A straight HOG, but it was done right.  It was fun earning points to furnish your library.  Plus collecting books and finding letters for the secret word.  The story was interesting so that kept me playing to know more.  Probably will play it again sometime.

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera