Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 5, 2018 12:37 pm  #21

Re: New versions of old DQ's

GulfCoastGuppy wrote:

October 5- WOW so far...Special Interest began normally with 3 visits to 2 random HOSs plus feed pets X15. Part 2, however, instead of Bow Figurine or something of equal or more inventory, only requested the Tomb Marker which requires 2 single pieces of inventory, plus 3 visits to 2 random HOSs. Part 3 should be a breeze.

Special Interest is the only new DQ that sends you to a zoom zone that I've received an easier zoom zone than in the old version.  Every other random version DQ has contained at least 1, and usually more, horrible zoom zones, such as the Founder's Face, Brewing Machine, Mystic Fountain, Old Chest, Crystal Ball, Portal Guard, and Ghostly Chest.  

The random version of Rare Editions especially annoys me because there's 10 zoom zones, I usually get at least 3 very nasty ones, making the DQ much more difficult and costly that Robbery or Record Keeper, but the rewards are pitiful.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

October 6, 2018 1:03 pm  #22

Re: New versions of old DQ's

Received a random Lost Pages that started with dice x 3, Broken Carriage x 3  and Harp in Blossoms x 1.
​I'll need to pay more attention to the ZZ. I did not do this DQ - had just finished old Lost Pages. 

Since you're still at level 26, the really nasty zoom zones (other than the Column of the Fallen) are still far in your future.

What I find perplexing is that at max level, currently level 88, there's around 200 zoom zones, yet I seem to get the same horror zoom zones whenever I work on a random version DQ.

Last edited by TiramaSue (October 6, 2018 2:26 pm)

Board footera