Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 19, 2018 2:44 pm  #151

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2018

sunshinej wrote:

I finished Mystery Case Files: Rewind.   The gameplay is like the original Ravenhearst game. So think of it as a old school game with a modern update.  There was 11 investigations and you had the option to use a timer or not.  I used the timer and had about 20 -30 minutes to complete the investigation.  Twice I ran short and had to redo.  The objects were much easier to find than say Prime Suspects or Madame Fate. 
You had limited hints (5) just like old times, but I rarely needed one since the objects were pretty easy to find.  Also, a skip button for mini games which I didn't use.   Since I played the SE, I don't know what the bonus content consisted of.

It was nice to play one investigation at a time especially since it is summer and maybe you just want to play for 20 minutes or so.

Thanks for posting this.  I just finished Wedding Gone Wrong: Solitaire Murder Mystery and hadn't figured out what to play next.  I've got the CE version and since it's episodic, it sounds like it will be a good choice..

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 24, 2018 5:22 am  #152

I have finished:

Haunted Legends - Monstrous Alchemy CE. Boring. Regret buying 
Spirit of Revenge - Florry's Well PE. Boring. Short!
Cursed Cases - Murder at the Maybard Estate PE. Rather corny and slow... No fun.
Travel Mosaics 2 - Roman Holiday. Superfun!!!
Brazilian Advventure - Fun and different . The HOS were really tricky. If I took too long  : Hello anybody there? and " I really should be going"  Many collectibles, VERY hard to find, But I managed to get them all.  I really liked the music.
Secrets of Magic 3 - Happy Halloween. Fun!   Off season 
Grim legends 3 - The Dark City PE. Fun!
Mystery Trackers - Train to Hellswich PE. Rather fun.
Reflections of Life - Call of the Ancestor PE. Fun!
Summer in Italy - Mosaics Edition. Very fun!!!
Fantasy Mosaics 29 - Alien Planet. Fun!
Haunted Legends - The Iron Mask PE. Just OK. A bit tedious...
Midnight Calling - Jeronimo PE. Very fun! Fun puzzles.
Painting Journey. Fun!
Moai VI - Unexpected Guests PE. Very fun, but annoying glitches with the achievements. I miss the forums...

Right now I'm working on Picross Fairytale - Legend Of The Mermaid, a sequel to Fairytale Griddlers - Red Riding Hood Secret. It's very  fun but super hard unlike the other 8floor griddlers.
I'm very glad they made a sequel.       

Last edited by Anki (August 24, 2018 5:24 am)

September 2, 2018 2:51 am  #153

For anyone interested:
Darkarta- A Broken Heart's Quest CE is on sale on Humble Store for € 0.99 ($ 1.14) !!!

September 7, 2018 9:16 am  #154

I finished Mystery Case Files: Rewind Collector's Edition last month.

The bonus chapter is a sequel and its events immediately follow the main game.  It consists of 9 more hidden object scenes, but there's no timer involved.  There's also one door puzzle.  It didn't really add anything to the story.  Should BF/Eipix decide to revive the Dalimars yet again, the events of the bonus chapter could easily be covered in a cut scene.

Haven't finished anything in September so far.  Working on Clutter Infinity: Joe's Ultimate Quest and have finished around 70 of the 875 levels.  Weather this summer has been horrible, lots of thunderstorms. Most of my gaming time has been used playing Midnight Castle, working on those pesky Daily Quest achievements.

We're also doing major renovations around the house. The guest bathroom has been completely remodeled, we gutted it down to the studs and changed out the tub for a shower.   Currently replacing all the laminate flooring throughout the house with tile, and painting all the interior walls.  So far, the living room has been done.  

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 18, 2018 6:10 pm  #155

Looking at the list of betas, it appears that we will have 2 Halloween CE's:  Haunted Manor  - Halloween's Uninvited Guest (from Eipix) and Halloween Stories:  The Black Book (from Elephant Games).     

September 28, 2018 2:56 pm  #156

Hello all! Long t8me no post.  I have played zero games all summer, however I still have ones I want to get.  Could someone please post when there is a super sale?  I can’t remember when the last one was.  Thanks

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

September 28, 2018 6:17 pm  #157

Hi, Oscar.

Afraid you missed this month's super sale.  However, last year there was a super sale in mid-October when Elephant Game's released Halloween Stories.  Maybe there will be another one around that time when they release the second gam in that series.

Super sales are scheduled for a Thursday-Friday, so those would be the days to check the Big Fish website.

October 1, 2018 2:55 pm  #158

I actually finished two games  in September. I wouldn't have bought one except I got that special deal for a cheap CE. One was a M3/Builder, STORM TALE, from the folks who brought us Joan of Arc. This was more cartoony and you couldn't replay.  The second was a very basic (and boring) HOG SUMMER ADVENTURE. It';s sort of a poor man's BCA game but without the facts bout where you visit. That makes sense because you don't visit any real sites. The mini games are the same as the BCA games too. I'm not sure it was even worth a PCC.

October 1, 2018 10:56 pm  #159

I only completed 1 game in September - Fantasy Mosaics 30: Camping Trip.

However, in ART, I didn't get caught by any of the programming glitches and finally completed the Pirate Day event.  And I made good progress of the MC daily quests achievements, and finally decided it was time to take both my MC games to the new max level and played 3 updates worth of character quests.

October 2, 2018 8:24 am  #160

I have finished:

11 Islands.Ok.
Fantasy Mosaics 30 - Camping Trip. Fun.
Vacation Adventures - Cruise Director 5. Also fun.
Wittches' Legacy - Dark Days to Come.PE. Fun at first but went downhill. Many things to interact with.
Mystery Tales - Eye of the Fire PE. Barely Ok. Silly story, rather fun puzzles, but got boring in the end.
Fear for Sale - The Dusk Wanderer PE. Fun! Fun puzzles..
Secret City - London Calling PE. Boring Lasted until chapter 4.
Dead Reckoning - Snowbird's Creek PE. Ok.
World's Greatest Cities Mosaics 6. Ok.
Travel Mosaics 3 - Tokyo Animated. Superfun!

I'm still working on Picross Fairytale inbetween other games. I read in the reviews on BFG, that there were too much guesswork. It isn't, but very hard. Sometimes there is only one row that's solvable and that releases a lot of others. One level can take over 40 minutes to solve!

Last edited by Anki (October 5, 2018 5:45 am)

Board footera