Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 14, 2013 11:37 am  #21

Re: ABC Change The Subject

Iciest

Humor will glue your fragments into one whole.  ~Osho

August 14, 2013 12:04 pm  #22

Hi sandhan, just to get you to continue playing, you take the last two letters of the previous word "lyrical" so that would make the next starting word beginning with "al".   I cannot figure out how you came up with the word "iciest"....care to share? 

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 14, 2013 12:11 pm  #23

alliteration

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

August 14, 2013 12:35 pm  #24

Onerous.

August 14, 2013 12:41 pm  #25

sandhan wrote:

Iciest

Barre,  I have no idea what I was thinking,  unless I somehow blanked out the  "al." Sorry.   Now where were we?  Or am I now disqualified?

August 14, 2013 12:51 pm  #26

Usual

Are you kidding sandhan?  I would never disqualify you or anyone.  Onerous is a marvellous word.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 14, 2013 12:58 pm  #27

usury

I was going to put usurp then realised that I didn't know a word starting with 'rp' and I doubted there was one, so I had to think of another word. 

Maybe you should only be able to add a word when you know a word that begins with the 2 last letters of that word.  Because, if you put a word down like usurp, then the game can't be continued.  Then maybe, if no one can think of a word to continue, you have to show that it can be continued by adding the next word yourself.

August 14, 2013 1:03 pm  #28

alluringly

Barre, you were too quick for me!  I was called away in the middle of typing my post.  So I've continued on with your word.

August 14, 2013 1:06 pm  #29

rye

Er, come again?  okay, whatever you say sounds good.  

hahaha, looks like we were both too fast for each other. now what?

Last edited by barregar (August 14, 2013 1:07 pm)

August 14, 2013 2:19 pm  #30

Barre, all I meant was that maybe you shouldn't add words for which there are no words that begin with the last 2 letters, like usurp, cause then that would be the end of the game.

So, to sort out our little problem ... for alluringly I'll add lye ... and then with your rye the next word will have to start with 'ye'.

Board footera