Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 9, 2018 9:40 am  #1

Anyone do the puzzles?

Just joined here!  Didn't know bfg forums closed until yesterday.     Glad I found this place.

So, my question is, does anyone here do the MC puzzles?  I had forgotten about them until one of the CCs, and found there are many puzzles available.  (You have to finish one before the others become available.)

Ok, now my real question  : Who is the waltzing couple being watched by the Keeper of the Castle?   My wild guess is an older Iron Knight and Anabel.  That's based solely on the man's pony tail.  The woman isn't blonde, but maybe Anabel's hair darkened as she got older.  The other reason for the guess is that at level 86 both Anabel and the Knight are missing.

Thoughts?

July 9, 2018 10:37 am  #2

Re: Anyone do the puzzles?

I do the puzzles often but since I am at level 26 I typically don't know what they represent. There are several people here who do puzzles regularly so hopefully someone further along in the game will respond. 

July 9, 2018 11:13 am  #3

Gailanno wrote:

Ok, now my real question : Who is the waltzing couple being watched by the Keeper of the Castle? My wild guess is an older Iron Knight and Anabel. That's based solely on the man's pony tail. The woman isn't blonde, but maybe Anabel's hair darkened as she got older. The other reason for the guess is that at level 86 both Anabel and the Knight are missing.

Thoughts?

I had thought it was...

Drake and Lady Adora

When at first you don't succeed.... Try, try, try, and try again.

November 26, 2018 10:03 pm  #4

Mastering the Puzzles in 60 Seconds or Less:

Original forum link:  https://forums.delphiforums.com/midnightcastle/messages/743/1

Link to video:  https://vimeo.com/282577627?cjevent=9d6086d0f1e211e8837005330a1c0e13

wow, this was a godsend. Hope this helps you as much as it helped me.

February 23, 2019 12:12 pm  #5

Alright  NO MORE ENTRIES

I will now put the poll in this thread
u hav to vote for ur favourite one

March 2, 2019 5:14 pm  #6

PLEASE...how do y'all find the motivation to do the puzzles ? Sometimes I do a couple of them just for diamonds while waiting for a cool-down. Today I completed ALL puzzles in one sitting and, even though I won all but maybe 4, I'm embarrassed to say I now have a grand total of 133 diamonds . I don't mind playing the kid, or even losing, as much as I really can't stand putting those things together . And I am even pretty fast using the 3 x 3 grid video. The novelty wore off after collecting and assembling each one the first time.

There are plenty of free websites for jigsaw puzzles if that is what you like. But in a hidden object game, it is too time consuming.

Thanx for listening...I feel better now

March 2, 2019 5:52 pm  #7

I do the puzzles because I have figured out how to get 100-130 diamonds and numerous inventory items each time I do a full set and the puzzles give me a good idea which zoom zones the DQs are going to be targeting next. It takes me about 60 minutes to do the full set. If anyone is interested and hasn't already figured out the clue the puzzles give, let me know and I will try to explain it. 

March 2, 2019 7:45 pm  #8

I don't play the puzzles.  With two games, I just don't have the time.

I still have a decent amount of diamonds, though nothing like I had a little over a year ago. 

Last January, I decided to start using my assets instead of saving them "just in case".  Had close to 1,000 units of each type of pet food (maybe even more) because I only fed pets for DQ's and CC's.   Started feeding pets right before I went to bed, or when I was done with the DQ's for the day in the hope that the pets would bring me some diamonds and shards.  My pet food supply has dropped to around 500 units of each kind and I'm now working on getting the levels down to 400.  Not sure how low to let supplies get, will have to see how much food I use during the next CC.  

If you have a lot of pet food, the pets might bring enough diamonds back to help you out with the DQ's.  And once the DQ's are finished, there really isn't much need to call back airships or open the dice table early.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 3, 2019 12:42 pm  #9

Doing the full set of puzzles took me about an hour also. Luckily, diamonds are one of the few items that you don't have to have a lot for the Castle to give you more. Judging by my total, you can tell I had only about 12 before the puzzles. So I guess DIAMONDS should be motivation enough? 

I have about 1000 of each pet food (except exclusive) so maybe I will spend that hour once in a while feeding pets. Before the puzzles were introduced I DO remember feeding ALL of them once and spending close to 100,000 coins (yes, the zeroes are correct) spinning the wheel in desperation.

March 8, 2019 9:29 am  #10

TiramaSue wrote:

I don't play the puzzles.  With two games, I just don't have the time.

I still have a decent amount of diamonds, though nothing like I had a little over a year ago. 

Last January, I decided to start using my assets instead of saving them "just in case".  Had close to 1,000 units of each type of pet food (maybe even more) because I only fed pets for DQ's and CC's.   Started feeding pets right before I went to bed, or when I was done with the DQ's for the day in the hope that the pets would bring me some diamonds and shards.  My pet food supply has dropped to around 500 units of each kind and I'm now working on getting the levels down to 400.  Not sure how low to let supplies get, will have to see how much food I use during the next CC.  

If you have a lot of pet food, the pets might bring enough diamonds back to help you out with the DQ's.  And once the DQ's are finished, there really isn't much need to call back airships or open the dice table early.

In response to my plea on how to avoid doing the puzzles and still receive diamonds what a great idea...I have started feeding some of my pets daily. Sometimes one page at a time, sometimes one category of food at a time. This has really worked out, even yielding diamonds from several rusty chests and one wooden chest.

With the excess coins I will spin the wheel until I land on a diamond (this is just for fun), gathering more pet food and items to shard in the future. Pet medallions will remain fairly steady now for crafting more pet food, new pets and CCs rather than relying on the limited DQs I will do. Now if there was just a good use for stamps.

Getting 100 diamonds in an hour is more or less the same as getting 8-13 diamonds in 5-6 minutes. Neither method is a guarantee but at least I've saved my time and what's left of my sanity.

Thank you! 

Board footera