Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 25, 2018 2:52 pm  #131

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2018

lilyr wrote:

Hi stuesue. Yes, it was me.I Beta  tested from the very beginning to the very end. You didn't mention the comic book. There are some scenes where you can't return once you finish. That might have been where you missed the memory object.. tuttifrutti is a relatively new developer. Now that BFG FINALLY accepted the game they want to port it to Mac and translate to German. And a bunch of other languages.

Hi Lily!   

WTG, beta testing all the way through!  That must have been really interesting, seeing how it developed over time.

I actually looked at TuttiFrutti's website and at its partners.  Weird thing is, GameHouse released Darkarta last September, and yet it isn't even mentioned as a partner, whereas BFG has only just released it and they're right up there near the top, if not at the top, of their list of partners!  What's that all about?

Yes, I didn't mention the comic book in my brief review in this thread, as I didn't mention any of the extras, but I did mention it and all the extras in my full review in my review thread.

And, unfortunately, I only realised I'd missed one of the Memories when I finished the main game and checked out the achievements and the Memories and realised I'd missed one - and you can't go back to find any you missed once you'd finished the game.  And, once you've moved on to the next location, you can't go back to any of the previous locations to get any you missed even before you've finished the game.  I hate it when that happens but, as I didn't buy the game but just played it with my FunPass, I sure ain't complainin'!  But I'd really like to know what that Memory was!!!!  I really liked reading all the info about the Memories.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

June 27, 2018 5:00 am  #132

I have finished:

Chimeras - Cursed and Forgotten PE. Fun! Many Collectibles. Secret Room only replay HOS and Puzzles 
Amaranthine Voyage - Winter Neverending PE. Boring.
Grim Tales - The Heir PE. As always with Elephant perfect graphics, but it was only OK, I didn't like the story.
Haunted Hotel - The AXIom Butcher PE. Very good! Fun (and complex) puzzles. Very long BG.
Rite of Passage - Heart of Storm PE. Very good! But I didn't enjoy is as much as I should. I wanted to get it finished so I could  continue with MCF Rewind, which I instabought after 10 minutes 
Mystery Case Files - Rewind CE. Loved it!!! Very fun to go back to the old school MCF:s with HOS and Superpuzzles. Felt short because I didn't want it to end 

June 27, 2018 9:21 am  #133

stusue -- Part of the problem with DARKARTA's late release on BFG was due to the survey tester's ratings -- specifically the fact that a good number don't use tutorials so rated the tutorial as a 1 or 2 -- without even looking at it!  Another part was that Churchill Downs owned BFG and they seemed to want to get away from HOPAs. Also BFG is committed to some developers whose HOPA series should have been retired a number of games ago. I can't help you with the memories. It's been a long time since I Beta tested and, although I bought the game at full price on BFG to support tuttifrutti, I haven't replayed it. The developer is very responsive. You might try asking them about the missing  Memory. Or maybe you know someone else who played it and got all the memories?  I just switched over to  a new computer with Win 19, so I'm busy learning that.

Anki --  MCF: REWIND seems to be one of those love it or hate it games. Lots of people who have been with MCF since the very beginning (HUNTSVILLE) love it. A lot of other people think MCF only started with RAVENHEARST and should be all about the Dalimars, all the time. In fact in comments they say that the series started with RTR! I bought it and will be playing it soon. I'm glad you liked it.

June 27, 2018 11:01 am  #134

I thought Darkarta was originally released on Steam? 

stusue - if you want some of the saga regarding why it took so long for BF to release Darkarta, you should check out this thread on PondFriends:  [url=http://pondfriends.boards.net/thread/3932/tuttifrutti-gamesPersonally, I found some of the actions of developers to be unprofessional and understand why BF haad reservations about doing business with them (a view you will not find expressed on PondFriends).]http://pondfriends.boards.net/thread/3932/tuttifrutti-games[/url]

Personally, I found some of the actions of the developers to be unprofessional and understand why BF had reservations about doing business with them.

Regarding MCF: REWIND.  Looking forward to playing it.  I find it hilarious that those who think MCF started with Ravenhearst and that all MCF games should be devoted to the Dalimars are the very same people who want BF to dump other developers (including the current developers of MCF!) because their game series feature the same characters over and over. 

I have stopped purchasing some games series because they offer the same characters doing the same thing (Labyrinths of the World is the latest one I have dumped from my buy list) but it's no skin off my nose if other people continue to enjoy them. 

While theoretically it would be great if every game offered for sale on BF was a game that I wanted to buy, my wallet can not afford it, and therefore I'm happy to see games that cater to other people's taste.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 27, 2018 1:35 pm  #135

Tirama -- DARKARTA came out on STEAM and GAMEHOUSE first. BFG wanted the game to appear on iWin and/or Gamehouse before they would consider it.

June 27, 2018 2:53 pm  #136

lilyr wrote:

Tirama -- DARKARTA came out on STEAM and GAMEHOUSE first. BFG wanted the game to appear on iWin and/or Gamehouse before they would consider it.

But didn't that decision arise after a disgruntled ex-employee from TuttuFrutti contacted Paul Thelen and claimed that the latest build TF sent to BF contained a virus?  Why would BF want to get involved with a developer's personnel problems and risk having their own computer systems infected? 

And there were things BF asked to be changed.  Not having played the beta, I can't say what the differences between the beta and the final version are, but from what I remember people posting about the beta, praised some references to events and artwork in other developers' games, which sounded to me as if there might have been copyright violation issues.

Puzzles by Joe ran into that problem with Clutter 7, which delayed the release of that game.  Although folks on PondFriends complained about BF's delaying the game, Joe handled the problem professionally and didn't waste time bad-mouthing BF.

TuttiFrutti, on the other hand, has given me the impression that they believe each and every setback they have faced is caused by somebody else and that they bear no responsibility for their problems.  I was very turned off by the way they handled a complaint from a poster, who had requested several times in e-mail that TF stop sending her promotional material.  When she brought her complaint to the developer's thread, TF basically blew her off with a "Don't worry, be happy" post rather than offer an apology.

I think TF share too much (one-sided) info on PF, and doing so does not help their cause if their aim is to have a lucrative arrangement with BF.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

June 28, 2018 6:41 am  #137

Stuesue, as I recall, I think there was a memory missing in the game. I bought it on Steam so it's a long time since I played it, but I think it was in a location with a pond(at least water) and a mountainwall or something to the right. It was marked in the Walkthrough but was not in the scene..

Lilyr, I even bought Huntsville when the name was CCI:Huntsville (Criminal Case Investigations) 

Tirama, thanks for the link, it was interesting to read.

June 28, 2018 3:04 pm  #138

Tirama -- No, that decision (to see the game on Gamehouse first), way preceded the disgruntled ex-employee.  The ex-employee admitted he lied about the virus.

I found it interesting that a certain reviewer who wants series ended and complains about short games gave  the BFG for TGT 5 stars -- even though she;s complained about this developer, the game is 3 chapters and the Strategy Guide is 37 pages.

June 28, 2018 3:55 pm  #139

lilyr wrote:

I found it interesting that a certain reviewer who wants series ended and complains about short games gave  the BFG for TGT 5 stars -- even though she;s complained about this developer, the game is 3 chapters and the Strategy Guide is 37 pages.

I didn't think Elephant Games was on her hit list of developers she wants BF to fire.  In fact, I thought she wanted MCF to be returned to the Elephant. 

I don't think you can judge the length of a game based on the number of chapters or even pages in the strategy guide.  Nowadays, the SG's are so minimalist and streamlined, not like the good old days when EVERYTHING was shown and instructions were very detailed.

I was so excited about MCF.  I was sure there would be a super sale and I could finally get some new games.  So now I've got 15 new CE's, 3 new SV's, but the MC castle challenge has become, well, challenging, and the weather has been stormy, and I haven't been able to play any of the new games.

June 28, 2018 5:56 pm  #140

Tirama -- 15 new CEs? Wow! I thought I was doing well with 9. Those MC challenges sure do seem to come almost of the heels of one another. Good Luck!

Board footera