Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 3, 2018 9:44 am  #101

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2018

I am pretty much finished with House of 1000 Doors: Family Secrets.  I bought the CE for this game and I wish I didn't.  The bonus game has a Ouija board in it and I don't do Ouija boards, even in games.  The main game was really good and I enjoyed it.  I like how you go through the different doors to help the ghosts on the other side of them.

i ♥ nirvana

May 5, 2018 9:06 am  #102

I loved the House of 1000 Doors  series. It's one I wish they'd have continued.
I love you all using the freedom of this forum to post about the other games you're playing. I have so many, though, I'm thinking I might start a separate list like SilverHawk's. I've been replaying a lot of games on my new computer. But I recently discovered I can put them on an external hard drive, so that's my next thing. I got such a great deal on the external drive that I can download all of them. I've been keeping only the ones I'm currently playing on my laptop and then deleting when I'm done because I don't want my laptop's drive to get filled up with games. 

Have fun stormin' the castle!  

May 6, 2018 3:53 am  #103

I have finished:

Fantasy Mosaics 27 - Secret Colors. Always fun!
The Legacy Prisoner PE. Very fun!!!
Spirits of Mystery - Family Lies PE. Rather fun. Mild spoiler: Isa is now the good one 
Reflections of Life - Dark Architect PE. Fun.
Cadenza - Havana Nights PE. Superfun!!!  But very short.
World's Greatest Places Mosaics 3. Ok.
Dark Dimension - Shadow Pirouette PE. No fun.
Redemption Cemetery- At Death's Door PE. Fun! Fun Achievements , like getting one for tapping on a dangling skeleton several times.
Mystery of The Ancients - Mud Water Creek PE. Fun. Fun Puzzles. Really liked the graphics and music.
Rainbow Mosaics - Treasure Trip 2. Fun!

A big Welcome to all new members    

May 7, 2018 10:42 am  #104

I finished World Riddles: Secrets of the Ages.  Also played some more levels of Clutter VI: Leigh's Story.  Still have 90 more to go.

The next HOPA I play will be Mystery Tales: Her Own Eyes Collector's Edition.  Hope it's good.  I haven't played any of the games in this series.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 11, 2018 12:38 pm  #105

I'm not impressed with the Mystery Tales series.  Finished Her Own Eyes and I'm about halfway through the bonus chapter of The Hangman Returns.

I am amazed at just how many zipper pulls I've needed to fin din these two games.  And the amount of nippers/pliers (at times the games seem to use the terms interchangeably).  And whetstones/grindstones.  And why can't I use a knife to cut stitches made in the upholster?  Who in their right mind would use a scythe?

The mini games are mostly move-this-and-others-will-move.  Throw in playing Simon Says a couple of times.  And the lovely press the buttons, flip the coins, etc in the correct order, BUT, you have to use trial and error to find the correct order, and you have to do this 3 to 5 times AND make a mistake and you get sent back to the very beginning of the mini-game.  Thank goodness I have a skip button and I'm not afraid to use it.

I'm also about ready to call Clutter VI: Leigh's Story done.  I've completed 537 of the 600 levels. 

Most of what's left is in the Extreme Clutter section and appears to be Take Two, Leave One or Take One, Leave One variations.  I say appears to be because when you start the level, nothing pops up to tell you what the objective is.  And some of the levels I played DID tell you the objective, only it told you the wrong one.  Several claimed to be Take Two, Leave One but turned out to be Take One, Leave One.  Add in the fact that many of Close Counts seemed arbitrary (what was a match in one level was not a match in another) and I'd say that the majority of this game past the initial 100 quest levels is a hot mess.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

May 13, 2018 6:27 pm  #106

Started my 5th game for the month of May yesterday,  Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition, and I'm already completed 3 of the 6 chapters.

Looking through the lists of sales from last year, I noticed that there wasn't a Super Sale until August.  Not sure if I can wait that long to get some new games.  Might have to cave and get some during a BOGO.

So far this year, I've acquired 7 new games (6 SV's and 1 CE) using coupon codes.  Only money I've spent is for the game club membership and I still have those 5 credits sitting my account.  The longer I can wait to buy games, the closer I'll get to finally finishing my games.  Too many left for that day to arrive this year, but maybe next year?

May 14, 2018 9:25 am  #107

Finally managed to tear myself away from the 2 mobile FTP games I'm playing long enough to finish a GH game!

Fantasy Mosaics 27: Secret Colors - Good fun!

May 14, 2018 10:59 pm  #108

Hey Everyone!  I hope you are all well.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

May 16, 2018 5:48 am  #109

Hello Oscar, how have you been?  Is it starting to warm up where you are at?  Finally it feels like spring here.  It is very rainy though.    I can go outside and start doing garden things again.

Oscar...I just finished season 8 of The Walking Dead and watched the crossover show with Morgan.  A very good season.  You still watch it?

I finished the main game of House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster.  My slowness in completing the game did not affect my enjoyment of it.  I just had stuff that I wanted to do like having a yard sale.  I picked the one nice Saturday in a sea of rainy or cold Saturdays to have it, so I had a pretty good turnout.  I'll be doing the bonus chapter next.

Last edited by sunshinej (May 16, 2018 6:06 am)

i ♥ nirvana

May 16, 2018 9:54 am  #110

Hi Oscar.

I finished Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition and started Spring Mosaics.

Board footera