Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2018 5:06 am  #1061

Re: The Chat Lounge

Hi stusue   It is good to see you feel well enough to be posting.  So sorry to hear about your health issues from yourself and your niece and nephew's wife. 

I don't know anything about cysts on the brain, maybe the doctor can give you guys some literature.  Poor little girl.

Laser treatment on the nose sounds scary.  Will the swelling on the inside of the nose go down now that you are not taking the nasal spray?  Maybe you are allergic to some other type of spray that you have been using for example air freshener or cleaning product or something like that.  Those things are so full of chemicals that could irritate the nasal lining.

Take care and keep us updated.    

i ♥ nirvana

March 28, 2018 2:37 pm  #1062

Hi stuesue   I am so very glad to have seen a post from you! I am so very sorry that you and other members of your family have been so ill.

I had a friend who had benign tumors on/in his brain. They needed to be removed from time to time because as they grew they would press on areas of the brain that were necessary for normal function. He had multiple surgeries for these over many years. As long as your niece is carefully monitored, it shouldn't be a huge problem. I know it's scary, especially with a child that young. Best case scenario is that the cysts don't get larger and don't turn into tumors.

There has been a lot of progress with treatment for breast cancer. Hopefully your nephew's wife can be cured.

I am so sorry you've had such a rough time. You did post (once, I think) while your sister was visiting and you said she did absolutely nothing to help and wanted to be on the go all the time. I thought that wouldn't bode well for your health.  As for your nose, hopefully sunshinej is correct.  Laser surgery (if it comes to that) has been around for quite a while and is much more refined than it used to be.

You've been in my prayers for quite a long time about your chronic illness. I'll add this problem and your niece and nephew's wife.

It is so good to see posts from you again!  

April 19, 2018 3:32 pm  #1063

Came home with a pool of water in front of the refrigerator.  Oh oh!  Husband took a look and found out it was the water intake valve that was leaking.  After finding a part which was 100 dollars, but luckily the appliance part place had in stock, we were able to do it ourselves.  Whew, that saved us from a bigger bill.

Came home after being gone 2 hours the pool of water was big enough to soak through 2 bath towels.  I was lucky it could have been much worse.  If I gone all day that water would have made a huge mess.

ETA...Fixing the fridge was not so simple as it seemed at first.  It took a few more tries to get that new water intake valve from leaking.  After cutting a small piece of the hose that went inside the valve seem to do the trick.  It has been 2 days now and no leaks so far. 

Last edited by sunshinej (April 24, 2018 6:23 am)

i ♥ nirvana

April 27, 2018 10:56 am  #1064

Well that is good news re your fridge Sunshine, so expensive to replace appliances these days, my fridge is at least 20 yrs old and works like a charm, a little noisy sometimes but I can live with it.

Oh I do hope Stusue is ok there's people on FB quite concerned as they've not heard from her in the Pond Friends group

April 28, 2018 6:29 am  #1065

Thanks shardlake.  I was just glad that it was something we could do ourselves with a little help from youtube.  One good thing was that since it was pulled out I cleaned underneath it and behind it, which is something I don't do very often. 
My fridge is 11 years old now.  I'm expecting many more years from it.  I hope.  Like you said they are too expensive to keep replacing.

I was glad when stusue posted a message here at the end of March.  I and a few others were getting concerned also.

i ♥ nirvana

May 2, 2018 5:46 pm  #1066

sunshinej -- I'm glad you were able to fix the fridge. Mine doesn't get pulled out very often either!  My ex has the original fridge that we bought when we were married -- in 1972!

Good to see you here Shardlake. I think you know that GOLs is still lively as ever on Pond Friends. 

I wish we'd hear from stusue again.

May 3, 2018 8:35 am  #1067

Good morning,

I see some familiar faces here. Most of you won't remember me because I used to be on the "quiet" side. I play adventure games, mostly in group play. 

You have such a  tidy, quick loading site!

May 3, 2018 9:39 am  #1068

Thanks lilyr...I'm glad too.  That's a impressive lifespan for your original fridge.  

​Hi mcquigan...Nice to see you here.  I recognize your user name from BFG.  I like to play adventure games too.  I haven't done so lately since I am on a kick of doing  the whole series of  a game. Right now I am doing all the House of 1000 Doors.

I wrote down my list of all my adventure games here.  It can be found under the Lots of Lists tab.  Scroll down to sunshinej list of large file adventures.

i ♥ nirvana

May 5, 2018 7:04 pm  #1069

Thank you Sunshinej for the kind welcome and the list of adventure games as well :-).
I took a three-year gaming hiatus and have been at another place for a few months where I created a group adventure club.
Yes, we are still playing games as a group and having a lot of fun doing it! You may remember Minesta as  well :-).
The waters aren't always as friendly as I would like and thanks to Mr. Google and inputting some names I remembered  I ended up here. 

Last edited by mcquigan (May 5, 2018 7:06 pm)

May 8, 2018 6:00 am  #1070

mcquigan...Is there anything on my list that you'll be playing soon.  I would like to join in, if so.  Thanks.

Last edited by sunshinej (July 23, 2018 10:51 am)

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera