Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2018 5:12 am  #1

Strange Cases

1.  Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery --  8/7/09
2.  Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery --  5/20/10
3.  Strange Cases: The Secrets of Gray Mist Lake -- 10/23/11
4.  Strange Cases: The Faces of Vengeance -- 4/16/13

i ♥ nirvana

March 28, 2018 5:21 am  #2

Re: Strange Cases

Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery

This game is no longer available from BFG.  I had it on a CD so was able to download and play it that way.  The gameplay feels dated, but was probably pretty good in its time.  I did like the story though.

No voiceovers and the HO scenes were straight list, Frog and Silhouettes.  Objects could be small and hard to find.  What I disliked about the HO scenes was that is was the full scene instead of a close up scene for ex: like a truck of a car or a bookcase. 

i ♥ nirvana

March 28, 2018 5:25 am  #3

Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mystery

This game is very similar to the Tarot Card Mystery.  The only improvements made was now voiceovers were added.  You still needed to find a card to do the HO scenes which were the same: straight list, frog and silhouettes.  This time instead of 6 silhouettes to find they were doubled. Items again could be on the small side and the HO scenes were full screen again.

Story was decent and length was approximate 4 hours.  I played the SE.

i ♥ nirvana

March 28, 2018 5:32 am  #4

Strange Cases: The Secrets of Gray Mist Lake CE

This one so far is my favorite one.  I like the story, gameplay is good.  The  HO scenes are just straight list   which I prefer over the silhouettes and it is close up.  What I mean by that is instead of the HO scene being a whole room, it is now contained to a top of a table, for example. 

I had the CE for this game.  Only extras was bonus chapter, strategy guide and wallpaper which I found a couple that I liked.  The bonus chapter was pretty good and explained a few things, but not everything.  I still had questions that weren't answered after playing it.

Last edited by sunshinej (April 3, 2018 7:17 am)

i ♥ nirvana

April 3, 2018 7:17 am  #5

Strange Cases: The Faces of Vengeance 

The last Strange Cases game is a kidnapping story in a abandoned mall.  Story kept my interest plus the gameplay was very good.  The ending was very abrupt though.  I still had inventory items left.  The why was dealt with finding newspaper articles throughout the game.  It didn't seem like a long game because it only took me a few days to play, but maybe that is because I was enjoying it a lot.

i ♥ nirvana

December 29, 2020 7:32 pm  #6

I liked it alright but it definitely had its faults. Didnt really like the characters either.

The nighrmare stuff freaked me right out though. I get scared very easily.

February 10, 2024 2:05 pm  #7

Happy to witness this! Great understanding and the quality of details revealed is awesome!
Thank you all!

Board footera