Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2018 10:50 am  #51

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2018

Thank you sunshinej. Maybe it was the way I was brought up. I can't tell you how many times I heard "If you start something you have to finish it." I was also not going to let a game get the better of me.

March 9, 2018 8:40 pm  #52

Good for you, lilyr.  

I finished Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres.  Enjoyable, but tough in advance mode.  It finished in a to be continued ending.  Good thing that I also had the third game in my inventory.

I think 3 games is just right for a series.  After I finish Time Mysteries: The Final Enigma.  I might try to play another 3 games series like Reincarnations.

i ♥ nirvana

March 11, 2018 6:43 am  #53

Ï have finished:
Surface - Return to Another World PE. Very fun!!! Long BG.
Ominous Objects - Phantom Reflection PE. Rather tedious...
Winter Mosaics. Fun!
Fantasy Mosaics 26 - Fairytale Garden. Fun!
Spirit of Revenge - Gem Fury PE. Better than expected. A little new take on HOPS.
Fear for Sale - City of the Past PE. Very good!!! Fun Puzzles.
Travel Mosaics - A Paris Tour. I echo Fudge : Loved it!
World's Greatest Cities Mosaics 4. Fun!
Demon Hunter 4 - Riddles of Light PE. Barely Ok, but I liked the Egyptian settings 
Ominous Objects - Trail of Time PE. Rather boring. Not PE worthy.

Right now I have looked through my purchase history and is replaying a bunch of old games.

I remember The Count of Monte Christo (purchased -09), a lot of trips to the island 

March 14, 2018 9:13 am  #54

Anki wrote:

I remember The Count of Monte Christo (purchased -09), a lot of trips to the island 

​I can well imagine.  Lol    I couldn't believe that I had 5 hints and they were all taken away because I skipped a puzzle.  Oops!

​I finished Time Mysteries: The Final Enigma...  It was nice playing all 3 Time Mysteries games together because the same story about the Ambrose family, Merlin and Viviana was the story for all 3 games..  I played in regular mode and it was a lot easier this time around.  I also played the SE versions and didn't miss the bonus content.

​For my next 3 games I was going to do the Reincarnations series.  I found the last 2 in my BFG purchases so that meant the first game was on a CD.  ​  Spent quite a bit of time finding the right CD last night.  Here it was included with the Hidden Expedition: Devil's Triangle game.  After finally finding it and D/L it, I could finally start playing it.  Very relaxing and extremely linear, but really a lot of fun too.  

Last edited by sunshinej (March 14, 2018 9:28 am)

i ♥ nirvana

March 15, 2018 8:46 am  #55

I've not finished any GH games this month!!! That's because I've got hooked on a FTP game for mobile devices. Can't stop playing it!!!

March 15, 2018 1:04 pm  #56

FudgeChi wrote:

I've not finished any GH games this month!!! That's because I've got hooked on a FTP game for mobile devices. Can't stop playing it!!!

And the name of the game is?

I finally finished a game this month - Riddles of Fate: Wild Hunt Collector's Edition.  It's very old school HOPA - none of the areas get closed off so you can go back and look for any collectibles  which you might have missed.  I like that feature, but the downside is that there is a lot of back and forth.  Elephant Games includes about six active areas in each location, and each area might have two or three things that need taking care of.  I spent a lot of time wandering around trying to find where to use each inventory item.

Also finished MC's Castle Challenge, and have been working on the Daily Quest achievements.  About 60% done.

Just started Arizona Rose and the Pharaohs' Riddles, another game that has been gathering dust for over two years.  Don't know why I waited so long to play this one - so far it's not bad.

Going to pass on today's super sale.  I really need to finish more games before I buy any more.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 16, 2018 8:09 am  #57

Oh sorry!!! It's called Zombie Castaways. But they aren't like zombies!

March 22, 2018 12:57 pm  #58

I finished Arizona Rose and the Pharaohs' Riddles.  Nice nonogram game, all puzzles can be solved using logic.  I didn't earn all the achievements because I don't use hints and power-ups unless the puzzle can't be solved by using logic.

Also finished Dead Reckoning: Sleight of Murder Collector's Edition.  Game was a disappointment.  Eipix's heart wasn't in this one - they didn't even bother with the usual wacky credits.  Shame, because the magician storyline had potential.

Now playing the last game in the Dead Reckoning series.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 27, 2018 8:20 am  #59

I played ... and finished! ... my first HOPA in over a year last week and guess which game it was ... today's TGT!  GameHouse released it last week and I played it with my FunPass. 

This past year has been so difficult that I haven't played any HOPAs and only finished, I think, 2 M3s in the entire year.  I've demoed everything, bought quite a bit, but have been too sick to play anything.  But now I've finished one! 

So, here's a brief synopsis.  When I've posted this I'll go and add a full review in my review thread.

Darkheart - Flight of the Harpies PE  by  Lazy Turtle

Recommendation:  SE

Length:  

+   very good length  
   +   main game  =  4:40 hours  (I don't rush and use no help at all)
​   +   bonus game  =  1:40 hours

Pros:

+   graphics
   +   music
​   +   sound effects
   +   HOPs
   +   MGs

​Pro/Con:  collectibles

+   there are 3  -  figurines, hearts, morphing objects
​   +   they're hard to spot
​   +   you get info re mythical beasts when you collect the figurines

​   -   it doesn't tell you how many there are
    -   you can't go back to find any you missed
​    -   only in the main game; don't continue into bonus chapter
​    -   you only collect the hearts and morphing objects to get achievements

Cons:

​    -   no touch  (partial - I had to use mouse in zoom scenes, just like ERS/AMAX games)
    -   not many extras
    -   bonus chapter not worth double the price
​    -   repetitive MG in second half of bonus chapter
​            -   line-M3 where you have to remove all pieces from the board
            -   difficult and I sometimes had to replay several times to remove all pieces
​            -   I liked it but a lot of people don't like that sort of M3

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

March 28, 2018 2:40 pm  #60

Thanks stuesue. I will probably get the SE.

Board footera