Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2018 4:43 pm  #11

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2018

T - you can archive my 2017 list.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

January 8, 2018 5:45 pm  #12

oscar66 wrote:

If someone would give me a coupon code please I can use it today and replace to you right away. I have 5 punches and I am going to cancel my membership before this month's billing.

I can lend you a coupon.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 8, 2018 5:52 pm  #13

I managed to finish Christmas Stories: A Little Prince Collector's Edition and Santa's Workshop Mosaics before the weekend. (Most of the weekend was spent taking down Christmas decorations and putting away).

Just started Dark Romance: Romeo and Juliet Collector's Edition.  Didn't play much, but so far, I'm not feeling the love.  Maybe it will improve as I progress.  Also working on Hexalot.  It's a very old board game, looks like it's not available for purchase any more.  And I'm still working on Midnight Castle's  seemingly never-ending Winter Event and Castle Challenge.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 9, 2018 11:02 am  #14

Tirama -- Did you think the LITLE PRINCE was a good Christmas game? I was put off by the mention of the witch. Then I found out that in some countries witches bring presents. I'm still on the fence about buying it.

January 9, 2018 11:42 am  #15

lilyr wrote:

Tirama -- Did you think the LITLE PRINCE was a good Christmas game? I was put off by the mention of the witch. Then I found out that in some countries witches bring presents. I'm still on the fence about buying it.

I guess it depends on what you consider a Christmas game.  The story could have been set at any time, however, the other Christmas CE I played, although the story involved Santa Claus, that plot could be boiled down to "Bad guy kidnaps good guy, go rescue him and save the day."   The Little Prince's plot boils down to "Bad person casts spell, find out how to undo spell so that everybody can live happily ever after."   However,  in The Little Prince, the bad person repents, whereas in The Brothers Claus, the bad guy remains bad. The Little Prince, because of the lesson about hatred and envy it delivered, seemed a more sophisticated, thought-provoking game. 

There's lots of Christmas and wintery images, and the bonus chapter involves those cats many people love - in this game specifically Santa Cat and Yule Cat.  And I loved the music and the snowman dancing during the credits.

January 9, 2018 3:50 pm  #16

Thanks Tirama. I'll put it on my list.

January 10, 2018 11:24 am  #17

After 12 years I cancelled my membership.  I have so many unplayed games and just haven't been playing as much anymore.  lol, the new game looks intriguing though.  I think I will wait and see if it shows up on IPad.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

January 13, 2018 9:25 am  #18

I am playing MCF Fate's Carnival.  I started this game when it first came out, but didn't finish it for some reason.  I restarted it and I'm loving it now.  What a ambitious and long game it is!  I need to find or rescue one more worker and still need to do the bonus game. 

Oscar...In 12 years one can accumulate a lot of games.  I'm like you in that I have so many unplayed games, that is why I quit my membership too, plus I think I was experiencing a little bit of burnout during the summer and wasn't playing as much and having a second job didn't help matters.  Now that it is winter I am playing more games.

lilyr...I bought Christmas Stories: The Little Prince in December (at full price + 2 other games in one of BFG specials. I spent $30  but it did average out to $10 a game).  I also played it in full.  I got the CE because I always like to play the cats in the bonus game.  Like Tirama said the main game story was not a Christmas story, but it did look and feel Christmas-y.  I enjoyed it. 

i ♥ nirvana

January 13, 2018 9:46 am  #19

Thanks sunshinej. Madame Fate is one of my favorite games.

Like you and oscar, I have tons of unplayed games. I'm not sure if I should continue or drop my membership. The next time you want some games, you can rejoin for a month or so and then cancell again. You'd get the members' price.

January 14, 2018 4:31 am  #20

lilyr, that's what I do. I pop in (and out) when there's a good sale and games I don't want to wait for 

But sometimes GH gets them sooner than expected , and I always think that I should have waited... 

Board footera