Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2018 2:21 am  #1

Finish your games challenge - 2018

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 1, 2018 7:36 am  #2

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL. 

Last edited by FudgeChi (January 1, 2018 7:36 am)

January 1, 2018 11:25 am  #3

Wish you all a Happy New Year!      

January 1, 2018 11:31 am  #4

Happy New Year!

January 2, 2018 3:15 pm  #5

Happy New Year! 

Go 2018!

Last edited by sunshinej (January 2, 2018 3:17 pm)

i ♥ nirvana

January 4, 2018 10:55 am  #6

I finished Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines.  I thought I had already played this game, but just played the first five minutes back in 2011 to see if it worked on my computer.

​I liked the story in the game.  It was a little different then the usual asylum type game.  The HO scenes were a bear to do.  When they say hidden objects they really meant hidden.  HaHa!  Plus the scenes were very grainy looking and junk piled.  The voice overs were excellent.  It took me 4 hours to do according to the game clock.

i ♥ nirvana

January 4, 2018 6:32 pm  #7

finally got a game finished! Okay it was only CHRISTMAS WONDERLAND 8, but it counts! The bad side was that I bought 8 SEs (with PCCs) and 3 CEs. But the CEs were all 1/2 off member price, so not too bad.

January 5, 2018 12:41 am  #8

lilyr wrote:

finally got a game finished! Okay it was only CHRISTMAS WONDERLAND 8, but it counts! The bad side was that I bought 8 SEs (with PCCs) and 3 CEs. But the CEs were all 1/2 off member price, so not too bad.

Well, you've got some momentum going.  What are you going to play next?

I usually figure out my yearly totals of games acquired and completed, but not this year.  I know I added more new ones than I finished.  Just have to try and do better this year.

I wanted to finish all my Christmas games before the end of the year, but that didn't happen.  I completed Yuletide Legends: The Brothers Claus Collector's Edition and Santa's Toy Factory: Nonograms by year's end.   I'm currently working on Christmas Stories: A Little Prince Collector's Edition and Santa's Workshop Mosaics.

Toy Factory is by 8 Floors and they've really improved their nonograms over the past year or so.  No guessing, all logic.  Not as difficult as Gizmos, not as easy as Fantasy MosaicsSanta's Workshop is by Lazy Turtle and it does involve either guessing or using hints.  But you don't lose stars if you use hints, so, whatever.  Good enough during the hectic holiday season when you need something to play for 10-15 minutes.

Both Christmas CE's are gorgeous to look at and a nice change from the darker games that most developers so love.  Yes, the stories can be boiled down to:  bad person has cast a spell/kidnapped good person and you have to save the day, but the music and artwork make up for it.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 7, 2018 12:04 pm  #9

I have been playing but just replaying Fantasy Mosaic games as that was all I could face.
But now I've finally finished a new game (to me):

Lost Lands: Ice Spell

January 8, 2018 4:41 pm  #10

If someone would give me a coupon code please I can use it today and replace to you right away. I have 5 punches and I am going to cancel my membership before this month's billing.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

Board footera