Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 8, 2017 8:55 am  #321

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2017

Tirama, praying for your safety and was just wondering how your sweet baby will handle all this.  

Stusue, sounds like you had a great trip and hope you take it easy now that you are back home.  Rest up, play a few games and the cleaning and unpacking will be there until you feel better.

Sorry I have been a no show for most of this year.  Really haven't played any games so nothing to report on that front.
I am asking for group prayers for my son, Brent.  Don't know if I mentioned him in the past but he has been living with me since 2 days before my mother passed.  He has had life time issues with two addictions/alcohol and smoking.  Without going into all the details, I'm proud of him that he has been sober for a year as of Aug. 15.  He was, however, diagnosed with oral cancer last November and underwent chemo and radiation the first 3 months of the year.  The chance of getting this type of cancer is 100% with both of his addictions but it is also very treatable/curable.  However, the second addiction appears to be harder to quit than the first.  He has cut way back but I've been very vocal about how he continues to feed the cancer. He's 46 so I can't make him do any thing but I can only pray.  After numerous biopsies which came back negative, the last one they took six pieces and two of them showed cancer cells.  He has had numerous PET scans and it appears now that cancer is showing up in his lungs and bone so has gone from a stage 2 to stage 4.  He has been on feeding tube and because of radiation is unable to eat much so has lost lots of weight.  He has continued to work just enough to pay for his insurance but will try to file for disability as he most likely will not be able to in the future.  Being a caretaker these last 7 years has been rough but God continues to keep me strong.  My cross stitching also helps to keep me sane as I can't dwell on everything while I am stitching.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

September 8, 2017 9:54 am  #322

Oh tee. I am so sorry. I do remember you talking about Brent -- both because of his addiction and his oral cancer. I've been praying. I'm so sorry that the cancer has progressed so much. Nicotine is very probably the most addictive drug out there. I'm glad that you have something (cross stitch) that helps you have some "me" time.

September 9, 2017 9:23 pm  #323

tee, I'm so sorry to hear the news about your son.

The outer edge of Irma arrived at about 9 PM.  Before that, we had tornado warnings.  Since the cone of uncertainty has shifted to the west, it's likely that the effects of Irma in my neighborhood should be no worse that what we experienced with Wilma. 

I'm so lucky that I don't live anywhere near an evacuation zone because staying in a shelter for several days would be so stressful for Tiffany.  She's sitting in her carriage by my side as I type this. 

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 10, 2017 12:58 pm  #324

My thoughts are with you, tee.

Stay safe, TiramaSue.

I've finished:
Off The Record: Liberty Stone PE
World’s Greatest Places Mosaics 2

Queen’s Tales: Sins of the Past PE
Persian Nights: Sands of Wonder
The Original Clutter Game

Clutter II: He Said, She Said

I enjoyed World's Greatest Places a lot and Persian Nights was really good as Anki said.

Having fun with Clutter!

September 10, 2017 6:43 pm  #325

Tirama , stay safe... and I hope that you are prepared enough water and food , who knows how long a crisis can last.

"The problem whit the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence"
                                                                                                             Charles Bukowski

September 11, 2017 7:26 am  #326

Big hug to you Tee.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods Tirama.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

September 11, 2017 10:29 am  #327

Great news on the Irma front. Tirama.  Other friends of mine on the West coast are reporting pretty good news, also ~ mainly tree issues.

I know I should have posted in the other thread but thanks for all your good wishes.  We got bad news on Friday at the Palliative meeting but my son's ex-wife got information about a man who had an almost identical diagnosis to Brent's and he took part in a clinical trial and is now cured.  We are trying to get more information but he lives in Florida so are waiting for a response to a text sent.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

September 12, 2017 5:34 am  #328

Tee,  I don't know  what type of cancer your son  have, but in mine country came a vaccine from Cuba and The vaccine is, in fact, intended for patients with small cell lung carcinoma in an advanced third b or fourth stage. 
The goal of this vaccine is not to cure the patient, but to live with cancer. Specifically, the vaccine slows and stops the progression of metastases to other organs. 
Cancer is transformed into chronic non-communicable diseases, such as hypertension or diabetes. Patients in this case regularly receive a vaccine that can keep them alive as insulin diabetics. Thereby increasing the survival and quality of life of the patient. I know that people with this kind of a problem try everything, and search the internet, maybe they, (Cuba), have something for your son. Hope is the best and strongest ally of a man. Do not lose her.

( and I wrote all of this on English....)

"The problem whit the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence"
                                                                                                             Charles Bukowski

September 13, 2017 9:35 am  #329

Just got power back.  Lost a frangipani tree. 

Very lucky. 

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

September 14, 2017 6:20 pm  #330

Tirama, next week I have to plant some trees. I will plant one in a  loving memory on your frangipani...... 

Charles Bukowski

Board footera