Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 22, 2017 4:34 pm  #1021

Re: The Chat Lounge

We only had 71%. I did watch it on TV. It was pretty neat. 

August 23, 2017 9:34 am  #1022

Someone was looking for LEAVES 2.  It's a soft release today on BFG.

August 23, 2017 11:26 pm  #1023

The eclipse was 81%where I live.  Didn't have the special glasses and don't know how much I would have seen with them because we had lots of clouds and the sun was in and out of them all day.  It did get darker, but it does that just about every afternoon when it rains.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 28, 2017 11:21 am  #1024

My daughter lives in North Carolina and had a 97% coverage.  She said even with 3% of the sun showing it was still  plenty light out.

Last edited by sunshinej (August 28, 2017 11:32 am)

i ♥ nirvana

August 28, 2017 5:24 pm  #1025

I don't know what the coverage was here in Ontario, and no glasses.  The guys at work all took turns with the welders helmet and said it was pretty spectacular.  It just got dim here.  That yellowy glow that sometimes happens before a storm.  I was actually expecting it to get dark, lol I was a little disappointed.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

September 7, 2017 8:36 am  #1026

I heard this cute joke and thought I would share.

​A man is at his therapist telling him about his phobia about homophones.  The therapist pats him on the shoulder and says there, their, they're.  

i ♥ nirvana

September 7, 2017 4:09 pm  #1027

Hello, everyone.  My old computer kept overheating and shutting down after 15 minutes of gaming and a couple rows of keys went bad so I got a new touchscreen HP laptop and I"m loving the touchscreen.  Gave the old one to hubby, he factory restored it to get all my games off of it and when he went to start it the next morning it wouldn't start back up!  Guess I got the new one just in time. 
It was a crazy spring/summer on the homefront.    Our nutty roommate(Casey) kept filing bogus restraining orders against her boyfriend/baby daddy Steve and then right before I left she filed one against hubby.  Then she never shows up at court.  Hubby had to move out, even though he is on lease and she isn't.  Then she ended up moving out and into the apt. right across from where he was staying!!!  Then Steve came over and got in another fight with Casey, the cops got called and Casey and her mother got evicted.  Hubby ended up back in the house along with the guy (another Steve) who was letting him stay at the apt.  Casey came over to the house and started a scene, telling them all to get out of her house.  She called the cops to get them out but she was on record for them coming to the apt. at a different address so they told her to get out and then the guys filed a no trespassing order against her so she's not allowed to come on the property anymore.  So then she filed another bogus restraining order against Steve saying he punched her in the face.  They went to court over that one yesterday.  She had no police report, no dr. visit, nothing.  Because she's a liar and it never happened, lol.  I guess the judge told her he was dropping the restraining order but giving her custody of little Joey but for some reason she flipped out.  I guess she had already flipped out so after she started screaming and cussing this time the judge reversed his decision and gave custody of Joey to Steve, the father, which is what we all wanted.  Then when everyone was leaving she was still screaming at Steve and his new girlfriend that she would kill them and the cops were going to arrest her but she got out of there before they could.  So hopefully all that drama will end, the judge told Steve he should file a restraining order against her, which he did, but who knows if he will go back to make it permanent because Casey seems to have some strange hold over him.  But things are starting to settle down.  We ended up losing our bedroom to the new Steve and we're going to sleep in the basement but supposedly we're not having to pay any bills so that's fine by me, I need to catch one little break like this.  But... hubby and I got into a spat, it was stupid and my fault because I reacted too quickly without taking the time to think things through.  But we kinda decided that when I come back in October, if the rest of the house is getting along and we're fighting I need to leave, cause we don't want Joey to still be exposed to that.  He's been experiencing his parents fighting his whole life and he doesn't need to see any more of it.  So just when I thought I was going to be getting a break I might be out figuring where to stay this winter.  FML.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

September 7, 2017 4:19 pm  #1028

Hi Wendy!   
​Wow, what drama!   
​I hope you sort things out and have a place to stay when you get back home!   
​Have you had a good season?   
I often wonder how I ever coped without my touchscreens!   
​Glad you're enjoying yours.   
And good to see you here!   

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

September 11, 2017 7:22 am  #1029

Sunshine, thanks for the giggle!

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

September 11, 2017 7:33 am  #1030

Tee, I'm going to the Stitching Guild's first meeting of the year today to see what they are all about.

Board footera