Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 5, 2017 11:21 pm  #261

Re: Whatcha watching on TV?

I always really liked Monk and Tony Shaloub.

lol Sun.  I like the Garage Sale (Lori Loughling) Mysteries, the Aurora Teagarden Mysteries (Candace Cameron) and the Flower Shop (Brooke Shields) mysteries as well. I quite enjoy them all.  Flower Shop has a great supporting cast. While I like the Murder She Baked, her relationship with Mike and Howard bugs me to no end (probably because of this darn book) I read Double Fudge Brownie my first read from her and I'm afraid it might have ruined the movies for me.  The book made no sense and the actually baddie didn't even appear til almost the end and with no real explanation.  You can not have a murder mystery and throw the murderer in near the end and expect that to be satisfying to the reader.   Here's a mystery, 300 pages later here's the baddie.  um who the hell is that? rant over 

There is also the Gourmet Detective mysteries but I find Dylan Neal and Brooke Burns to be awkward together.  There is nothing natural there imo.  (lol I still watch them) I think Brook Shields plays really well with Brennan Elliot and Beau Bridges in the Flower Shop ones.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

April 6, 2017 11:02 am  #262

I'll have to check out some of the others to see if I like them.

Oscar...You picked a bad book for your first read. The earlier books were much better.   I won't buy them anymore unless I find them at a yard sale for 50 cents or get them from the library.  I don't know why I bother with the books anymore anyways.  For umpteenth books Hannah was stringing both Mike and Norman along and ends up marrying someone else. I was for team Norman.  That being said I just saw a Murder She Baked...the peach cobbler one and really liked it.    Truth be told I preferred the movie over the book.  For one thing Alison Sweeney makes a nicer Hannah Swenson then the one in the book.  Moishe is a normal cat in the movie then the one in the book plus a few more things.

i ♥ nirvana

April 30, 2017 2:49 pm  #263

sunshinej -- I loved GRIMM too.  I wasn't sure why it was ending until I saw the final episode. It seemed as though it was a decision the cast/writers/producers made.  I am soo going to miss it too.

It had a great ensemble cast and an interesting story line.   If you want to go into more detail, let me know.

May 1, 2017 6:18 am  #264

Does anyone watch The Blacklist?

May 1, 2017 10:31 am  #265

I do FudgeChi. I haven't watched the new season (or end of the old season) that just started a couple of weeks ago because I record that show so I can rewind and watch stuff that's confusing. IMO James Spader makes the perfect Reddington. I don't know if the show would be as good without him.

I didn't care for BLACKLIST REDEMPTION.

May 2, 2017 6:18 am  #266

Pleased you watch it too, Lily! I only found it recently and am totally hooked! James Spader is great in it, it wouldn't be the same without him. I'm only on Season 2 so I have lots left to watch 

May 23, 2017 1:24 pm  #267

Have you watch any more of The Blacklist, Lily? I'm so hooked that I'm now going through for the third time! Still finding things I missed the first 2 times. Some episodes I've watched 4 times.

May 23, 2017 5:03 pm  #268

As I said FudgeChi, I'm watching the current season.  I'm a bit behind because I record them so I can see things that are confusing or that I think I missed. Still loving it. This season might even be more interesting than the prior one! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

May 24, 2017 5:33 am  #269

You're right to record them so you can go back for bits. Let me know when you get to the end of season 4 please. It is an excellent season!

May 25, 2017 2:58 pm  #270

I'm going to have to see if I can get Blacklist on Netflix.  I never watched it though my sister said was terrific. 

Currently I'm watch season 2 of Unforgotten.  It is a really good show imo.  Great storytelling and cast.
I also binged and watched the entire third season of Broadchurch over the three day weekend. Sorry it has ended.  lol Wouldn't want to live there! 

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

Board footera