Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 3, 2017 11:42 pm  #961

Re: The Chat Lounge

Tirama, I hope all goes well with you husband's surgery next week. I looked it up to see what it was all about and I'm sending good vibes that this helps alleviate his symptoms. (that's putting it mildly, so much more to his condition)

Last edited by oscar66 (April 3, 2017 11:43 pm)

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

April 17, 2017 7:16 pm  #962

I know I have mentioned to you all about my Dad and his Alzheimer's.  He passed away on March 29.  I'm very at peace with it, and it is a comfort to me anyways that he is at rest. He had been in the hospital since October and had gotten pneumonia again (3rd time). He had been unresponsive for approximately 10 days prior and wasn't responding to the drug treatment anymore.  We had a really lovely celebration the Sunday following and it was lovely to see how loved he was and what a great fellow people thought he was.  A testament to that was Alzheimer's Society had assigned him a buddy that visited my dad when he was at home once a week.and when my dad was moved to the hospital awaiting ltc this lovely man continued to visit him there weekly.  Many of his nurses and case workers were there, he was a favourite.  I know he was mine.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

April 18, 2017 5:29 am  #963

I'm sorry to hear this, Oscar. He sounds like he was a lovely man, you were very lucky that he was your Dad. 

April 18, 2017 11:06 am  #964

May he rest in peace, Oscar.  It's so hard to watch the slow decline by dementia and Alzheimer's but as we are there with them through the journey, at the end we are at peace.  When my mom and dad left almost 3 years ago, I was also relieved they were no longer suffering and together forever.  

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

April 18, 2017 3:08 pm  #965

oscar -- As Tee said, may he rest in peace. It is very hard to watch someone you love go down the path of dementia. And it IS a testament to what a wonderful person he was that so many people, especially from the hospital, attended.

April 19, 2017 11:31 am  #966

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

April 23, 2017 7:50 pm  #967

Thank you everyone.  And I understand what you're saying Tee, and I don't know how you felt writing that but I am surprised it's been 3 years.

April 24, 2017 11:14 am  #968

oscar66 wrote:

Thank you everyone. And I understand what you're saying Tee, and I don't know how you felt writing that but I am surprised it's been 3 years.

It'll be Sept. for my Dad and Nov. for my mom.  I think about them a lot esp my mom since I'm cross stitching so much these days and she loved doing it.  I have 4 of her Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum angels on my walls.  I feel like they are there occasionally and it's strange but the nights they both died, I felt a light move of the blanket so felt it was them telling me goodbye.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

April 25, 2017 1:34 pm  #969

I'm rather worried.  I haven't seen a post by stusue for quite a while. She last posted in early March and was last online March 28.  I tried to send a PM, but her mailbox is full.

Does anyone know anything about her?

April 26, 2017 1:51 pm  #970

So sorry to hear about your father's passing, Oscar. 

Lilyr...I've noticed Stusue's absence too.  Hopefully just a computer problem and not a health one.

Last edited by sunshinej (April 26, 2017 1:56 pm)

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera