Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2017 10:39 am  #131

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2017

Sun - I am playing MCF Broken Hour as well and I am enjoying it.  I find myself amused by different things throughout.   Definitely lots to do and see.  One of the achievements is to do the HO scenes after in the bonus section all in 20 seconds at the most! 
Its like Scooby Doo and the gang are investigating a kooky house full of kooky people and a ghost.  I don't find it creepy in an icky Dalimar way.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

March 29, 2017 9:08 am  #132

I am still working on that achievement.  20 seconds is not much time!  Also, working on getting points in that tokens game to get the achievement.  It's kind of addicting so don't mind playing. 

Now that you mention it I do see a Scooby Doo resemblance...complete with their van sitting in front of the kooky house. 

i ♥ nirvana

March 29, 2017 5:43 pm  #133

Hi, everyone.  I haven't really been able to enjoy HOGs in months, now.  They just turn my stomach, it's all a bunch of drudge work.  I managed to finish a few.  Whispered Secrets Everburning Flame.  The Maze Broken Tower, the two Adam Wolfes, Surface Into the Mist, and I'm playing Nevertale Legends right now.  Sounds like a lot when I list them.  I also played a couple RPGs, Braveland Pirate and Wizard.  I tried to play Aveyond but you have to wander around and find the villages, etc., in Braveland it's a very linear map, you can go to a cave or arena to grind, but when you're playing the game you just go to the next dot on the map.  I remember playing some M3s but I only remember Spell something from Gamehouse.  It was alright, it had the limited moves option that I prefer.  Speaking of GH, my Funpass ran out in December but they're still giving me two free game coupons every month.  I use them on M3, solitaire, or Mosaiics.  I've been playing Gizmos Interstellar for ages, I got it from GH, and I see BFG finally has it.  I'm up to 30x35 puzzles.  I also got Zombie Solitaire 2 that they just released, and I had a reward coupon I needed to use so I got a TM game about movie sets.  I'm also playing a nonogram game on my tablet.  Each grid is 10x10, and each square is actually another 10x10 grid, which makes up the total picture.  There's smaller and bigger puzzles also.  The name has pictograph in it, it's easy and addicting.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

March 29, 2017 7:00 pm  #134

Hi Wendy.

Sun - that littl game is addicting, although I'm not really sure how sometimes after you've used the plus and two of the same have joined it will sometimes grab another disc.  There's no real instructions on how you can make that happen and it happens so quick I'm not sure even what it was!  The 20 secs is actually easier than I thought it would be.  One I have 15.  I have found it takes 2-3 times, by then you should now what's what and where! It is a fun game. Not enough big door puzzles though.  I think there has only been two. One took me 28 minutes according to the puzzle section in the extras.  That's some bang for your buck!

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

March 30, 2017 8:33 am  #135

Oscar...About the game, I noticed this, for example you have 2 threes next to each other and maybe a 5 next to 1 three and a 5 next to the other 3 and put the plus sign in between the pair of threes, it would get both the threes and the fives. 5 3 + 3 5.  gives you more points too.  Four in a row is a good way to get more points too.       4 4 + 4 4 for example.   100,000 is a long way to go for the achievement...I am up to 35,000.

15 seconds that's mighty quick.  There was one where you find the fuses and put them in a device that took me forever.  I kept missing the 20 second mark by a second or two.

i ♥ nirvana

March 31, 2017 8:34 am  #136

In addition to using YourGibs YouTube videos as my walkthroughs for HOPA games, I've been listening to them while playing Midnight Castle.  It's a good way to 'replay' a game and refresh your memory regarding the storyline so that you're up to speed when you start the next one in a series.

I also read the comments section of each video and was surprised to see some of the voice actors posting.  Here's what Jonathan Cooke posted about his work in European Mystery:  The Face of Envy.

'Just found out I was in this game...ha! Wish they'd let me know these things. Thanks for doing this one!'

When another poster asked 'aren't you told what games that your specific pieces will be a part of?'  the reply was:

'Sometimes they do, or it might say so on the script, but a lot of the time I just get a character description, with a picture if I'm lucky, and a script with just my lines and some kind of simple direction, like "angry" or "sarcastic." Every once in a while they'll let me know when a game comes out, but that's pretty rare.'

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

April 1, 2017 10:06 am  #137

I finished Dark Romance: Curse of Bluebeard Collector's Edition and Fantasy Mosaics 20: Castle of Puzzles

So for the month of March I finished 5 CE's and 4 SV's, however I bought 10 CE's and used 6 pcc's to get 6 SV's.

Not planning to get anything during April, but probably won't finish many games this month either.  Both ART and MC will be having Spring Events and my DH is scheduled for parathyroid surgery on the 13th.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

April 2, 2017 6:54 am  #138

I've finished:

Griddlers: Legends of the Pirates
World Mosaics 7
The Secret Order 3: Ancient Times PE
Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death PE
Queen’s Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past PE

The Far Kingdoms: Magic Mosaics
Hidden Clues

I loved Cadenza! 

Last edited by FudgeChi (April 2, 2017 6:54 am)

April 2, 2017 8:50 am  #139

I'm playing Cadenza Fame Theft and Murder. I was disappointed there was no jazz but it is certainly packed with things to do.

April 2, 2017 9:47 am  #140

Tirama -- I'll be praying for your DH.

Board footera