Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 22, 2017 7:38 pm  #121

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2017

I just finished The Last Dream (must be the last person here to play it).   What a great game! 

So far, I've finished 6 games this month.  Had hoped to be doing better, but those 2 Ravenhearst games bogged me down.  so happy I got them finished before the next MCF game gets released either tomorrow or Saturday.

Next I'm going to play 2 games from the Dark Romance series: Kingdom of Death and Curse of Bluebeard.

I'm currently even for the year:  finished 11 CE's and 9 SV's and acquired 11 CE's and 9 SV's.  But there's still 9 days left in the month and there hasn't been a super sale this month.  Yet.  Could there be one when the MCF game is released?

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 23, 2017 9:03 am  #122

TiramaSue wrote:

I just finished The Last Dream (must be the last person here to play it).   What a great game! 

So far, I've finished 6 games this month.  Had hoped to be doing better, but those 2 Ravenhearst games bogged me down.  so happy I got them finished before the next MCF game gets released either tomorrow or Saturday.

Surely you jest about The Last Dream as I definitely haven't but you were correct on your MCF prediction as there is a Super Sale today ~ good call, Tirama!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

March 23, 2017 11:23 am  #123

It is a good game Tee.lol I looked to see if I'd played it and yup I remember it.

Yea super sale!  I think I'll stock up.  I have quite a few pics to use Monday for SEs. But I'm sure I can find a bunch of CEs I want.  My unactivated list is starting to catch up to my activated sizewise.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

March 23, 2017 11:32 pm  #124

I was reading your post Tirama  thinking I'd make a purchase in the super sale and get the new MCF and realizes I have not played MCF Broken Hour.  I think I'll move that one up the list.  Has anyone played it?

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

March 24, 2017 6:46 am  #125

Oscar...I'm playing it right now.  I started it earlier this year played it about a hour and went on to different games.  After seeing the new one come out yesterday and reading about Tirama finishing a couple of MCF games thought I would go back to it starting from where I left off.  Before I must have not been in the right mind frame because I am really enjoying it now. 

i ♥ nirvana

March 24, 2017 11:02 am  #126

I only just bought the 2016 MCF game yesterday!   Going to play that one and the latest one during the summer.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 24, 2017 11:06 am  #127

do you remember when they were the most hotly anticipated games of the year with threads and pages and pages of speculation of what the new game would be? ah the good old days.  So many special series that the gloss has gone off of.

March 24, 2017 1:52 pm  #128

oscar66 wrote:

do you remember when they were the most hotly anticipated games of the year with threads and pages and pages of speculation of what the new game would be? ah the good old days.  So many special series that the gloss has gone off of.

MCF lost it's specialness after they released those two (IMO) disasters, Escape from Ravenhearst and Shadow Lake.  I never 'got' all the enthusiasm many people have for the ongoing saga of the Dalimars.  The first Ravenhearst had a good story, the second one had good gameplay but the storyline was weird and I can't really find anything good to say about the ones that followed.  I don't enjoy series that expect me to defeat the same villain over and over again.

It's difficult for me to get overly excited about any newly released game because I know it will be months before I get around to playing it.  And I don't expect BF to provide any hoopla to whip up excitement about any of their former glory series.  They have moved on to mobile gaming, that's where their hearts and minds are.

March 27, 2017 5:27 pm  #129

I finished Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition. 

As in the previous 3 games in this series, you alternate being playing the man and the woman, who are star-crossed lovers separated by circumstances beyond their control but love conquers all by the end of the game.  The setting for this one is Greek mythology and that means....no searching for anything to fix a broken zipper pull.

The sound details were amazing.  At one point you have to wake a sleeping kitten and you can hear it purring while it sleeps.  I had to turn off either the effects or environment sound because it involved a man being attacked by an eagle and I couldn't take the looping of his screams while I worked on mini-games.

Small complaint:  one of the voice actors pronounced Persephone as if it rhymed with telephone.

Next I'll play Dark Romance: Curse of Bluebeard Collector's Edition.

March 27, 2017 9:38 pm  #130

I'm finished with MCF: Broken Hour.  I liked it...It had puzzles galore and the story was pretty good.  In the same theme as the Dalimar family saga, but a different family altogether.  I think my favorite MCF has to be 13th Skull. 

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera