Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2017 10:09 am  #1

Big Fish and McAfee Security

When I tried to go to Big Fish today with my desktop link, my McAfee Advisor popped up a warning advisory.  Just wondering if anyone else is having a problem with their security program or could it just be a McAfee thing.  I know years ago there was an issue with McAfee.  If it continues, I will probably call them to see what's the deal.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

February 9, 2017 10:48 am  #2

Re: Big Fish and McAfee Security

No, I didn't have a problem and I don't use McAfee.  Big Fish is doing maintenance to their site this morning.  I was able to see the home page and not much else.

i ♥ nirvana

February 9, 2017 11:24 am  #3

sunshinej wrote:

No, I didn't have a problem and I don't use McAfee.  Big Fish is doing maintenance to their site this morning.  I was able to see the home page and not much else.

I'm able to access just about everything other than the game forums.  They have been down for almost 24 hours.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

February 9, 2017 3:02 pm  #4

I go on the forums because it's where my friend and I chat via messages. I'm on an earlier time zone than you. Yesterday morning the forum was auto directing to some dodgy site after saying one's flash player needs updating! It tried to go to calivapeking.com!! I pressed escape to stop it. Around the time the Mods usually come in they must have taken the forum down. Then today it has the maintenance page.
So my guess is that it was hacked. 

ETA: It's back now!

Last edited by FudgeChi (February 9, 2017 3:55 pm)

February 10, 2017 11:29 am  #5

Thanks for your input.  I ended up doing a live chat with McAfee and did a live remote with them.  The guy added a link to BFG in trusted sites and it worked.  I have a feeling though after reading your comment, Fudge, that he just happened to do it after the main page was finally available, because it would not let me get to forums, just kept receiving the Whoa! advisory.  I remember seeing some link with Seoul something so also immediately cancelled.  Just tried everything today and it was fine.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Board footera