Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2017 2:41 pm  #21

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2017

I'm so sorry that you daughter is unwell, Anki. It must be worrying.

You are doing GREAT, Sun  I've only finished 4 this month so far...just can't stop playing nonogram games which take longer.

January 14, 2017 9:11 am  #22

Anki, WOW!  You sure have played a lot of games!  

I've played a few of the games you've finished - or am in the middle of a few of them!

I finished India Garden ages ago but am now trying to get 3 gold stars on each level.  Oh boy!  Is it difficult or is it just me?  Did you try to get 3 stars on each level?  Did you manage it?  I'm playing it whilst watching TV at night and some levels, after trying at least half a dozen times, I just give up and move on, hoping to do better when I try them again.  But what a gaudy garden!

Here I am with my sunnies when I look at my India Garden garden!  

I was so sorry to read that your daughter is still sick.  She seems to have been sick for a long time now.  I hope it isn't anything too serious.  I'm thinking of her, hoping she gets better soon.

So, here are for her ...

some comfort food

some flowers to cheer her up

and a surprise gift to keep her occupied

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

January 15, 2017 12:39 pm  #23

I have finished:
Fantasy Mosaics 19 - Edge of the World. Very fun!
Yeti Legend - Mystery of the Forest. Rather weird. A HO from 8floor. The quirky humor reminded me
of old Nevosoft.

Right now I'm (re)playing True Fear PE on FunPass. I own it as CE on BFG, but I think this is the Steam version which is even creeepier and more gory and in the bonus content there's a demo of True Fear II 

Stuesue, I gave up on trying to get 3 stars,in India Garden.The levels are really difficult. Like you ,I sometimes replayed the levels10 times and couldn't do it.

Many thanks for the prayers and good thoughts for our daughter  

January 15, 2017 2:26 pm  #24

Anki wrote:

Right now I'm (re)playing True Fear PE on FunPass. I own it as CE on BFG, but I think this is the Steam version which is even creeepier and more gory and in the bonus content there's a demo of True Fear II 

Stuesue, I gave up on trying to get 3 stars,in India Garden.The levels are really difficult. Like you ,I sometimes replayed the levels10 times and couldn't do it.

I did it!  I did it!  I DID IT!  
I got 3 gold stars on every single level in India Garden ... all 80 levels!!!!  
And what did I get for my brilliance????  
Absolutely bugger all!  
I'd finished my garden long before I finished all 80 levels, let alone got gold for all of them!  
But it was so hard in Casual ... dare I try the next difficulty mode?  
And what about the hardest difficulty mode?  

Ooh, you think the GH PE of True Fear is even creepier than the BFG CE version? 
The PE at GH didn't come from BFG like a lot of CEs, so it's possible ...  
Maybe I'll just ignore my BFG CE version and play the GH one instead.  
'Cause I haven't played the CE yet as I'd been waiting to play the sequel at the same time.  
So thanks for letting us know!  
I'm downloading it now ...

About True Fear 2 and 3 (it's a trilogy) ...  

Last year I posted here about BFG not being very interested in True Fear 2 and said they could slot it in next summer 2017.  Well, apparently it was going to be ready by end September last year and Goblinz wanted to release it straight away and not make their avid fans wait for the sequel.  Well, doing a bit of googling this is what I found on Goblinz' Facebook page dated 1 October last year (my bolding) ...

1 October 2016 - Goblinz wrote:

A little update on what is going on.

Currently we are going through the legal steps necessary for an early release of True Fear: Forsaken Souls 2 on Steam. While the process turned out to be longer than we expected, Big Fish Games are being extremely helpful in this process. This is very cool of them - it shows that BFG care about their customers and are genuinely interested in everyone enjoying True Fear as early as possible, even if it is on another portal.

As soon as we can, we will be making a few exciting announcements.

Keep in mind though, that we will now have to put the game through the QA process. This is a first for us as previously BFG took care of everything on their end. We do not know yet how long exactly it will take, but we will be throwing all our resources on it to release the game as early as technically possible.

We are working on releasing a playable demo earlier to hopefully make the wait more bearable and possibly even help with the QA.Thank you very much for you patience! 

I'm surprised that BFG is allowing this. 

Then, posted on 19 October last year ...

19 October 2016 - Goblinz wrote:

True Fear: Forsaken Souls Part I has finally been released on Steam!!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/440420/

This is a very important step for us!

Not only should Steam generate a welcomed new source of income that will right away go towards starting work on True Fear 3, but generally Steam is a very good new platform that doesn’t interfere with the game’s content.
Finally, this release should help pave the way for an earlier release of the sequel!

This is the ultimate edition of the game and as such the Steam release has a few new and unique features in addition to all the features of the Collector’s Edition:
- All hidden object scenes have been redone - made darker and more logical to suit the game’s atmosphere better.
- An options allows you to forgo hidden object scenes altogether and play all new actions scenes instead.
- The game features a couple of original uncensored scenes, one of the earlier, uncensored versions of the Intro and a new puzzle.
- A full gamepad support has been specifically tailored to the game.
- Finally, the game features the whole set of Steam Assets – 6 Emoticons, 5 Trading Cards, 5 Profile Backgrounds, 5 Badges, 1 Foil Badge and supports both the Steam Achievements and Steam Cloud Saves.

While the game hardly has enough new features to warrant purchasing it again, we wanted to thank those, who will, by including in this release a link towards the playable demo of the sequel. Since September, Steam only takes into account reviews posted by people who have purchased the game and on Steam reviews are very important.  

So, Anki, it is more than possible than GH has the Steam, darker version!

Posted 20 November last year, for anyone who'd like to play the demo of the sequel ...

20 November 2016 - Goblinz wrote:

Here are the links to the True Fear: Forsaken Souls 2 playable demo!

PC - http://goblinz.com/download/TrueFear2_Demo.exe
Mac - http://goblinz.com/download/TrueFear2_Demo.dmg 

We have never released anything ourselves, so we hope that everything goes well and the server runs smoothly. Fingers crossed.

Also, we are still waiting for our digital signature, so you will likely see a message telling you that the file could be potentially dangerous as the publisher is unknown.

Please let us know your thoughts and impressions!  

Interesting about what they say about revenue from Steam and Android, posted 21 December last year (my bolding) ...

21 December 2016 - Goblinz wrote:

We have just released True Fear Part I on Android!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details

The release on Steam got us about 60% of the money we need to release Part II ourselves (localization and QA) and we are confident the Android version should provide the rest.

To our publishers dismay Dimmie insisted that we stress out that this is EXACTLY the same version that was released on Steam and you should NOT buy it if you already played the game!

We tremendously appreciate your support, but this would be a rip off at this point. Dimmie's words.

However, if you could rate the free demo or even give it a good review (copy paste if you already have reviewed the game) it could be extremely useful! Thank you!  

Last edited by stusue (January 15, 2017 2:55 pm)

January 16, 2017 2:17 pm  #25

Weekly Sneak Peek

BFG Facebook wrote:

It's Monday, and that means it's time for the weekly Sneak Peek!

Which of these upcoming games are you most looking forward to?

PC:
Incredible Dracula III: Family Secret CE
Midnight Calling: Valeria CE
The Keeper of Antiques 2: The Imaginary World CE

iOS:
Midnight Mysteries: Ghostwriting CE
Labyrinths of the World: Stonhenge Legend CE

Android:
Haunted Hotel: Phoenix CE  

Hmmm... another 3 CEs listed this week.  I wonder if we're only going to get 2 of the 3 like last week.  

And interesting that the one we didn't get last week isn't listed this week!  I wonder when we're going to get Shrouded Tales: The Shadow Menace CE.  Someone stuffed up.

I've already got Incredible Dracula III: Family Secret CE.  I got it last week with a Reward Coupon (GH PCC equivalent that can also be used to get CEs) when GH released it.

Now I've just gotta finish No. 2 before I play 3.  And No. 1 if I haven't finished that one, either.  I'm not sure but I know I haven't played No. 2 yet.

January 16, 2017 2:58 pm  #26

If anyone's wondering about today's TGT - The Voice from Heaven -  

I played it when GH released it on 5 January 2017 and I loved it!  It's been added to my list of possible games to get with my PCCs.

-  M3  (and I love all M3s)
  -  typical M3 with nothing new or exciting
  -  some challenging levels but not overly difficult
  -  graphics are okay but nothing special
  -  fully voiced (only 1 annoying voice) but I can't remember if there's lip-syncing or not (I think not)
  -  but an actual, good story for an M3 - with LOTS of long cutscenes to further the story
  -  and fantastic music!
  -  blurb lists 100 levels but you don't know how many you actually play
  -  you play levels until you've completed helping each of 5 towns
  -  the longer you take, the lower the score, the more levels you must play in each town
  -  the blurb also lists 25 upgrades, which probably means 5 per town
  -  Aurora sings to make everyone happy and then the people fix everything themselves
  -  it's a very good story with a moral message
  -  things like the river, magic tree, grass and flowers, town, castle, etc.
  -  timed and untimed modes - timed is very generous
  -  I only had to replay 2 levels when I ran out of time
  -  you can earn up to 3 gold stars but just ignore them - I got a lot of 2s and some 1s
  -  they don't mean anything as there's nowhere to see how many you have
  -  and you can't see the levels or replay them if you want to get 3 stars on each level
  -  I have no idea why they included them
  -  you simply play the game through and then you start another game
  -  the only thing you can see is you score - which gives a total score - no stars
  -  you get 6 powerups quite quickly but they're never upgraded
  -  one thing to keep in mind is that you don't have to break all chains or boxes
  -  all you have to do is clear the yellow squares - every level
  -  sometimes the boxes hide yellow squares but not always
  -  I had to keep on reminding myself of this
  -  I was trying to break a chain or a box in one area
  -  when I only had 1 yellow square left in a totally different area and wasted my time
  -  the number of yellow squares to clear is listed at the top of each screen

Recommendation:  Yes

It's a typical M3 with nothing new or innovative but it has a good story, which is atypical for an M3, with lots of long cutscenes, especially at the beginning and end, which are all fully voiced.  You can click to fast forward or skip all the cutscenes if you don't care about the story.  I also loved the music and loved listening to it as I played. 

I played it right through over a few nights and, to post this I thought I'd just play a level or two to remind myself about the game, but ended up not stopping until I'd completed 2 of the 5 towns, which shows that I really liked the game.

I definitely recommend the demo for anyone who likes M3s and see if you like it.  As I said, I've already played it but have added it to my list of possible games to get with PCCs as it's a game I'll play again, mainly because I loved playing it whilst listening to the music.

I'm just glad none of you can hear me when I play M3s ... the swearing would turn your ears red!  Okay, I don't normally swear so my swearing is really mild, but I do it constantly while I'm playing M3s.

January 18, 2017 9:23 am  #27

If anyone's wondering about today's TGT ...  

Griddlers - Victorian Picnic  by  8 Floor Games

I started playing it with my FunPass when GH released it 8 November last year but had forgotten what it was like.  So I just played the next group of 20 levels to reacquaint myself with the game.

It's the typical 8 Floor nonogram game, with just the graphics that change.

PROs:

-  pretty painted backgrounds
  -  when you fill a square, it's not a solid colour but rather looks like it's been painted with brush strokes
  -  if playing with touch, you just have to click once; you don't have to double click the first square
  -  pleasant music that suits the Victorian era (although I have it turned down while I'm watching TV
  -  challenging because you can't play most levels without using hints
  -  this is because it's rare that there's a single row or column that's filled and very few large numbers

CONs:

-  there's nothing new or original
  -  it's really hard to tell the difference between the 1s and the 7s - you have to really look
  -  some people had trouble seeing the white numbers on the pale blue background (I didn't)
  -  you can't play all the levels without using hints as a lot of lines just have a few 1s
  -  very few large numbers, so most grids don't have a single row/column that's filled
  -  the squares are all orange with huge black Xs for the empty squares
  -  the squares aren't auto-filled (but for some that would be a pro)

PRO/CON:

You're not told what the picture is when you've finished a grid - you have to guess (a pro or con depending on what you like).  I prefer the multi-coloured grids, whether or not you fill them in with different colours or they're coloured at the end, but I found it fun to try and work out what the pictures were.  You can check at any time by going back to the levels page and checking out the little drawings (real drawings, not just the finished grids).  In the 20 levels I just played, I guessed most of them - all different objects with people, animals, utensils, etc. - but I couldn't even hazard a guess for 2 of them (a pipe and a tomato) and got 2 totally wrong (what I thought was a Christmas decoration with a bow and some Christmas balls hanging down was cherries with 2 leaves, and what I thought was either 2 people dancing or figure skating was a cow's head with horns! LOL).

Recommendation :   Yes and No

I recommend this game for anyone who has a FunPass and wants something to pass the time.  Or for anyone who has an expiring PCC and is looking for a game to get.  It is fun and challenging, just nothing new or original.  You have to really think when there are hardly any large numbers - mostly 1s and 2s - and very few grids have filled rows or columns to begin, and you have to use a lot of hints (not necessarily a lot per grid but maybe 1 or 2 in a lot of grids, especially when you're left with 4 squares, 2 1s, and you can't logically work out where they go), although by the end of the 20 I just played I had to use fewer and fewer hints as the grids became more logical and needed fewer, if any, guesses.

I do not recommend that someone purchase or use a credit for this game as it's nothing new, just the typical 8 Floor Games nonogram.

January 20, 2017 2:43 pm  #28

Thanks Anki & Stusue on the info for True Fear.  I bought the first game from BFG and would love to play the steam version, but don't want to rebuy it.  I'll stick to the BFG watered down version.  I am getting tired waiting for 2 to come out.  I hope they raise the money soon!

I finished playing the first 4 games of Spirit of Mystery which is all that I had.  While I enjoyed this series I don't think I'll buy the last 3. 

I started on Family Tales: The Sisters.  I find this game frustrating.  Going to hold off on finishing it for now.  So, I started Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Under the Crimson Moon. 

i ♥ nirvana

January 21, 2017 11:20 am  #29

I've now finished:

Santa’s Toy Factory: Nonograms
Christmas Griddlers: Journey to Santa
Magic Griddlers

Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer PE

Finally managed to tear myself away from nonograms and enjoy Wolf Healer!

January 21, 2017 3:56 pm  #30

Hi, long time no chat.

I'm really sorry to read that Anki's daughter is still not better.  I know so many people who caught some bug weeks ago and just can't seem to shake it.  I just about get rid of my cold, and then a cold front comes through, and I get caught in the rain, and I'm back to where I started again.

I've finished Rainbow Mosaics: Treasure Trip and Rainbow Mosaics: Blooming Garden.  Also finished Haunted Hotel: The X Collector's Edition.  I can't remember playing a game that required me to open so many things.  The last puzzle in the main game was fun, and the bonus chapter seemed long.  Going to play Haunted Hotel: The Axiom Butcher Collector's Edition next.

Also, I finished the MC Christmas Event and earned all the achievements.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Board footera