Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 24, 2016 7:16 am  #941

Re: The Chat Lounge

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

December 24, 2016 1:17 pm  #942

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

December 25, 2016 3:52 am  #943

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

December 25, 2016 9:33 am  #944

"The problem whit the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence"
                                                                                                             Charles Bukowski

December 25, 2016 7:29 pm  #945

Merry Christmas
, Happy Hanukka, or simply Happy Holidays for anyone who doesn't celebrate anything religious at this time of year.

I hope you've all had a wonderful day with family and/or friends and lots of yummy food.

And I wish a wonderful year for everyone.  May 2017 bring peace and joy ... and lots of fun gaming time!

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

December 27, 2016 7:26 pm  #946

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

My heartfelt good wishes to you all for a New Year full of peace, good health and everything that you wish for for you and your families.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 10, 2017 12:05 pm  #947

Thought I would just post a catch-up post about my son since his cancer diagnosis.  He was living in a Sober Living Home and doing great but once he started taking pain medication (narcotics), he couldn't stay there any longer as there are also recovering drug addicts so he is back staying with me for now.  He is almost 6 months sober which I'm so thankful for.

It took them 2 months after his diagnosis to finally get his treatment started which really upset me but there was Christmas and once he met with chemo doctor who wanted to get things going but had to be coordinated with radiation and they seemed to be dragging their feet.  Guess they have to decide a lot of variables and such so finally started the first week of January.  His chemo is done every 3 weeks with one big dose that he has to do intravenously and takes about 6-7 hours.  He has not had any problem with it, no nausea and not a lot of fatigue but the radiation is kicking his butt.  He has to do it M-F and takes about 30 minutes but is affecting his ability to eat solids, thus his reliance on feeding tube which he wasn't using much until the dietitian got onto him and said he needed to do at least 4 times a day for added nourishment.  He has had some issues with the skin on his neck and tongue (lost his taste) and they have had to put him on a pain patch along with hydrocodone first and now oxycodone so of course, I'm worried about addiction to medication but he has to be able to manage his pain.  He has completed 4 wks out of 6 on the radiation and has last chemo treatment next Friday (his birthday) and then guess they will do a PET scan to check results.  Not sure about treatment regimen after that.

He has been able to continue to work and got insurance in December through the temp agency so that's helping a lot with his medications and co-pay.  There is a lady at Whirlpool (HR) that is really helping him and told him on Monday that if he needed to take off because of treatments/fatigue for the next 3 weeks it would be excused.  They have allowed him to work half a shift (4:30-9:30) so that will help him a lot and keep his insurance intact.  If he needs to quit, she said they would rehire him back at his current position so very thankful for that.

I haven't played many games other than M3's (easy to pop in and out for bits of play).  I have been doing a lot of cross stitching and have taken one of my easier, older kits to do while I sit in the car while he has his radiation treatment so that has been my stabilizer through this journey.  Just continuing to pray that he gets through this small time in his life and comes out a more mature, compassionate person, understanding that we all have times in life that present us with trials and challenges.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

February 10, 2017 4:43 pm  #948

Thanks for the update Tee.  Good for him for not having problems with the chemo.  Radiation seems to kick everyone's butt.  He must really be doing a good job if Whirlpool has been that accommodating.  Prayers continue.

March 11, 2017 9:34 am  #949

teeitup...How is your son doing after chemo treatment?  

i ♥ nirvana

March 11, 2017 9:39 am  #950

I have been crafty lately.  I love making these floral pomanders.

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera