Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 3, 2016 3:29 am  #11

Re: -Happy Birthday, Sunshine!

Thanks Tirama  and Mila   My favorite  is a Pina Colada.  I just love coconut & pineapple mixed together, but since it is so many calories I am lucky to get 3 a year.  I never did develop the taste for wine or beer.

i ♥ nirvana

September 11, 2016 4:32 pm  #12

AFTER  3 OF THIS  WHO IS COUNT ING CALORIES YET?

"The problem whit the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence"
                                                                                                             Charles Bukowski

September 29, 2016 8:55 am  #13

mmiillaa wrote:

AFTER  3 OF THIS  WHO IS COUNT ING CALORIES YET?

LOL...Too true, Mila

i ♥ nirvana

September 29, 2016 11:54 am  #14

sunshinej wrote:

My favorite  is a Pina Colada.  I just love coconut & pineapple mixed together  

Sunshine
, my sister and I both got food poisoning after drinking pina colada milkshakes years and years and years ago and to this day just the thought of coconut and pineapple together makes us both feel sick.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

September 30, 2016 9:03 am  #15

Ah, that is a shame, stusue. 

I know what you mean by not wanting to eat a food that you got sick on.  About 5 years ago I went to a medieval faire and like a bonehead I ordered a chicken quesadilla.  I learned my lesson the hard way  to NEVER order any food at a fair or carnival or a zoo where food is made and just sits there.  I was sick for a solid week.  Now if I am hungry at those places I get popcorn only.  Just the thought of eating anything else brings back the memory of being sick.

i ♥ nirvana

September 30, 2016 11:03 am  #16

Sunshine, when I was about 7 my family (4 kids) visited friends of ours who lived on a farm (also 4 kids) for the school holidays.  While we were there, one by one, all 12 of us came down with a 24-hour bug when you threw up for 24 hours and were then fine.  One day during this, we kids walked the farm collecting mushrooms.  That night, after dinner, both my sister and I got the bug and started throwing up, which continued like all the others for 24 hours.  However, as we were both sick after eating mushrooms for the very first time, we both associated mushrooms with throwing up and, to this day, just like pina coladas, I can't eat anything with mushrooms in it, even if it's just a sauce.  I've tried eating them but I just don't like the taste or consistency.

Another time, our entire extended family were having dinner at mum and dad's and we ordered chicken from a takeaway shop.  Only my 2 then brothers-in-law weren't there and they were the only 2 who didn't come down with food poisoning.  We all, once again, threw up for 24 hours.  However, I had no problem eating chicken after that, even from a takeaway place, even after I bought a chicken years later and discovered maggots inside!

But to be sick for an entire week!  I can't imagine that!   

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

Board footera