Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 28, 2013 7:11 am  #51

Re: Group Play for Apothecarium - August 24

I believe I have a way to go yet.  I looked at the map and 1/3 of it is still obscured.  I am liking the game very much.  

i ♥ nirvana

August 28, 2013 2:47 pm  #52

Govols does your username mean anything in particular?  I ask as there is a Govols on another site I frequent.  

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 28, 2013 6:13 pm  #53

Oscar, although I am in Florida now I am originally from Tennessee. The University of Tennessee football team are the volunteers so when cheering for them it is " Gooooo Vols !! " . The only reason there is a 2 there is when I signed up for big fish someone else already had Govols. Never saw another in the forum though. 

August 29, 2013 7:25 am  #54

I just finished the game and Wow! What a really good game it was.  It picked up for me after the pharmacy and more when you got into the town.  Lots of puzzles to do especially love the tangram ones even though those ones were just for fun. 

A few glitchy spots where you had to click on a object multiple times.  One time my cursor froze and I got booted out of the game.  When I went back in all was okay.  A clock puzzle where the hands were in the right positions, but maybe just a millimeter off and you had to tweak it a little bit. Thought I might have to skip that one until it finally registered.

Last edited by sunshinej (August 29, 2013 7:26 am)

i ♥ nirvana

August 29, 2013 9:53 am  #55

sunshine, Congratulations on finishing.  

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 31, 2013 1:37 pm  #56

stusue wrote:

Noelle wrote:

I just finished it.  At least, I think I did, as it crashed at (near?) the end, and when I tried to go back in, it told me the current game was completed.  I don't know what the rule on spoilers in here is, since people are still playing the game, but can someone who has completed it pm me with the end, so I'll know if I actually completed it or not?

It was an ok game for me.  Loved the puzzles, and the morphing objects was a cool idea, but didn't always work, as after I clicked on the object I needed, the other thing it morphed into kept blinking in and out of the screen (happened in 3 scenes, I think).  It was very strange.

I'm so sorry some of you don't seem to be enjoying it like I did. I absolutely loved it! Obviously we have very different tastes. I had absolutely no problems or glitches whatsoever when I played it.

Noelle, if you want to check out the walkthrough at BFG to see if you have actually finished, here's the link:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/walkthrough/apothecarium-the-renaissance-of-evil-walkthrough/#7

If you have finished it ...

CONGRATULATIONS, Noelle!

I hope those still playing enjoy it and I certainly hope you don't all regret playing it once you've finished.

Thanks, Sue.  Looks like I finished all that I had to do, but didn't get the final cutscene.  Oh well.

I don't regret playing it at all.  Like I said, I loved the puzzles for the most part, but I've always loved the puzzle parts of HOPA's more than the HOS.  And I enjoyed the puzzles on the chests with the secret boxes.  I was just a bit frustrated in places by the glitches I noted.

September 3, 2013 12:21 am  #57

Ok guys, just finished.  Was so busy this weekend, didn't have time to play.  I liked it until the end, felt I was going around in cirlcles, not sure what to do with what.  Couldn't find all of the drawing fragments so had to check the WT for that.  Strange game with all the creatures, weird contraptions, and although I love to leave the music on, had to turn it down quite a bit as it was getting on my nerves.  Loved the graphics in the HO scenes and the morphing items, nice touch. Pretty good blend of HOS and puzzles so did not get too frustrated since it really wasn't a LFG.

I missed two achievements ~ the running man and a small globe on a pedestal.  Checked the forum and I think the small globe was for not skipping any puzzles and the running man was for getting the best time (3 gold coins, I guess).  I did like the puzzles and was not sure what the ones where you fit all the pieces together (someone called it a tangram) but I managed to do all those.  I did all the sliders, too, except the very last one, just could not get one piece to move so skipped it.  Didn't go check the chests out but may do it later some time.  Overall, for me, I'd give it a B-.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

September 3, 2013 10:55 am  #58

Tee, Congratulations on finishing.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

September 4, 2013 3:28 pm  #59

I'm about half done, and I'm enjoying it but don't tend to play for long stretches of time. I'll probably finish by Saturday, but I'll start Green Moon then in either case and just keep playing this one too if I'm not done by then.

Board footera