Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 2, 2016 6:33 pm  #11

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2016

I've noticed that most games have at least one of these words in their title:

Dark
Legend
Mystery
Haunted
Death

And I do own lots of 'dark' games:  Dark Canvas, Dark Tales, Dark Parables, Dark Dimensions, Dark Strokes, Dark Romance...

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

January 2, 2016 8:34 pm  #12

Don't forget Grim.
The Grim Dark Mystery of the Haunted Death Legend, lol.
I ended up starting Haunted Halls Childhood Fears instead.  I could swear I've played this before but I only have the first one in my Purchase History, weird.  I'm playing the CE but there's no collectibles, it's really old-school.  I guess after I"m done saving children I rescue Tim in the bonus chapter.  It just seems really, really familiar.  I'm on Day 15 or so on Laruaville 4.  You have to make 50-80 coins to buy something and advance to the next day, you only get 20 coins per board and I usually have to replay the board several times.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

January 3, 2016 2:13 pm  #13

I finished a couple of games... Dying for Daylight...What a great game.  I can see why everyone was clamoring for the second half to be finished.  I bought it at 2.99 knowing that it was half a game and I am glad I played it, but it sure was a let down at the end knowing that it will never be finished.

The other game was The Last Dream.  Another great game.  Very good puzzles in this one and a nice strong story.  Which I just love.   Highly recommend.

i ♥ nirvana

January 3, 2016 3:11 pm  #14

I loved, loved, loved Dying for Daylight.
I finished The Last Dream from GH, it has a bonus chapter, I don't know if the one from BFG does or not.  I've whited out what the bonus was about, it wasn't very long, maybe half hour, forty-five minutes.
... Bonus chapter tells about the wife trying to bring the husband back from her perspective, it had to do with his wedding ring.  Not needed at all...

January 3, 2016 4:57 pm  #15

I loved DYING FOR DAYLIGHT too.  Wish there had been another one.

December was bad for games for me.  I bought 5 but didn't finish one single game.  Well, I played and finished quite a few, but they were Christmas games I had played before.  In my mind replays don't count.

January 4, 2016 12:14 am  #16

ot topic - Tirama - I love Father Brown.

I finished Mystery Trackers Winterpoint Tradegy.  I won't say too much in case I colour your expectations Tirama as I know you intend to play it soon.  Once thing though, I found the music very intrusive and loud.  And the cursor is a little tetchy.  I also don't think all the achievements register properly so make sure you have the most up to date version in case there were any updates.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

January 4, 2016 7:29 am  #17

Thanks wendy for the info regarding  the bonus chapter.  I was curious about it, but I sure wasn't going to spend $20.00 since I'm not a member at Gamehouse to get the CE.

i ♥ nirvana

January 4, 2016 11:45 am  #18

sunshinej wrote:

Thanks wendy for the info regarding  the bonus chapter.  I was curious about it, but I sure wasn't going to spend $20.00 since I'm not a member at Gamehouse to get the CE.

Sunshine, the bonus chapter in The Last Dream took me about 1:15 hours, but the first minigame took me 20 mins and my comment was HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It wouldn't take me so long next time as the instructions weren't specific enough but it would still be hard as there's nowhere to start.  The 4 MGs in the bonus chapter were - HARD, hard, med-hard (fun algebra puzzle), medium.  But I wanted the CE as you can replay 18 puzzles and I loved them.  I just wish you could replay the HOPs, though, too, as they were all progressive FRAGS and all with really fun and interesting interactions. 

The differences between the SE and CE are:

Bonus Chapter
Wallpapers
Concept Art
Replay Puzzles   (18)
Achievements   (1 more than SE - finishing the BC)
Videos   (2 more)
Minigames   (4 more)
HOPs   (2 more)

And I agree with Wendy that the bonus chapter isn't worth paying double for the CE, especially as you get the achievements and collectibles with the SE.

But I definitely recommend the SE !

And don't forget that you can get any game at any time for half price at GH by using the code:   FAVORITE

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

January 4, 2016 12:07 pm  #19

I have a PCC expiring the 15th.  If anyone wants to borrow it they can.  If not, I don't know if I will use other resources to fill a card or just let the one punch sit there by itself.  I have 2 other PCCs that don't expire until late Feb. so I can use them with a weekend BOGO to fill a card sometime in the future.

January 4, 2016 7:44 pm  #20

This week should see the release of Hidden Expedition: Fountain of Youth Collector's Edition and Labyrinths of the World: Changing the Past Collector's Edition.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Board footera