Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 28, 2013 1:37 pm  #61

Re: Suggestions for next Group Play

@ Berregar, sure, you can ask for help, but will I remember ?  I've played a whole lot of adventure (and non) games since then. What I rememeber the most from Voyage is bouncing into the flowers, loved that part! I did have to peek at a walk through for some of it though (I think).

@ Oscar, probably, try it and see, the worst that can happen is it won't play. If you are running Win 7 or 8 you can run as adm and have the system emulate XP svc pack 2 (XP ran everything) for that program. Her interactive also might have an option to download hot packs on their website to fix any compatability issues.

August 28, 2013 9:50 pm  #62

mcq, if you played Voyage a long time ago, I suppose it might be difficult to remember it in detail.  I remember I had trouble jumping across from one place to the other.  Then I had to remember all the different types of fruits, what colors to mix to feed the creatures, ..... or something like that.  It's been a long time since I gave up playing it.  I don't even think I will play it again unless there is a group play for it.  It is most confusing.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

August 28, 2013 10:47 pm  #63

misscatlady2453 wrote:

Yeah the main issue with Nancy Drew games is that the puzzles can't be skipped. Some of the games are super hard. The games themselves are still super fun to play for me.

Just as a suggestion - if you haven't played Warnings at Waverly Academy....I find that this game is a good starting point for someone new to playing ND games. If I remember right, the puzzles aren't overly difficult in this one. It kind of gives a good introduction to the series I think - even though it is from the middle of the series.

-------

Yes, its mostly the puzzles.....non-skip that get me.  I play other straight point and clicks with non-skip puzzles like the Blackwell stories, for instance, but ND games get me stumped every time.

September 16, 2013 2:15 pm  #64

Did we ever decide what was going to be the next group play after Green Moon?

September 16, 2013 4:37 pm  #65

misscatlady, I think last time we did mention that we might play ND Shadow at the Water's Edge.  I only have that one and Phantom of Venice.  I don't feel like buying another ND game until I finish those two, therefore I won't be playing Waverly Academy if it is chosen.

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

September 16, 2013 4:58 pm  #66

I had just mentioned Waverly Academy because I found it to be a good one that was fairly easy. I have Shadow at the Water's Edge as well. Haven't played it yet. I would like to do that one if we can. Not sure what everyone else thinks.

Board footera