Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 28, 2015 2:54 am  #1

May Barre rest in peace

I've just heard from Barre's sister, who's been with her since June, who wanted to let me know that Barre lost her battle with cancer at 8:20 am (Vancouver time) on Saturday.

I'm going to miss her.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

September 28, 2015 3:21 am  #2

Re: May Barre rest in peace

This breaks my heart ~ such a sweet, gentle lady.  Always wished I could one day go to Vancouver to meet her.  She sent me one of her X-stitch patterns so now I will have to start on it, in her honor.

God Bless You, Barre ~ will never forget you.  

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

September 28, 2015 3:46 am  #3

Yes, Tee, Barre had a very gentle soul and I'm glad we were friends.  At least she's no longer suffering and I'm sure she's now been reunited with her husband.

She and I had been discussing her coming to visit me last Christmas to go to the Christmas markets, just before she was diagnosed with cancer.  Unfortunately, with my mum also battling cancer and having to be here with her, I wasn't able to go and visit Barre, and now we'll never get to meet.  She was also going to send me one of her x-stitch patterns but then she was diagnosed with cancer.  At least I have some photos, which I'll always treasure.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

September 28, 2015 8:33 am  #4

Thanks for letting us know stusue.  
How very sad about Barre.    I'm glad she had family to look after her at the end.

I think I first "met" Barre at BFG when she was interested in playing Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs at Moon Lake when the Adventurous Fishes were doing the group plays.   That seems such a long time ago now.

I wish I kept that heart that Barre did with all of our names in it.  I think you all know which one I mean, right?  I would have like to of displayed it now.

i ♥ nirvana

September 28, 2015 8:57 am  #5

That's very sad news.  My condolences to her family and friends.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

September 28, 2015 9:06 am  #6

Here it is, sunshine.  Thanks for reminding me!  And yes, she is finally reunited with her husband, which I believe she really longed for after his passing.  

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

September 28, 2015 1:53 pm  #7

Thanks teeitup!...It's just as nice as I remembered it. 

Yes, I remembered how Barre posted how much she missed and her husband.   
At least you are at peace now Barre,  from pain and indignities from the cancer and from the loss of your love.

i ♥ nirvana

September 29, 2015 7:47 am  #8

Thank you for letting us know, Stusue.  Barre and I had several talks about our late husbands, I know she missed hers very much.  She had a beautiful thread on one of the other forums, I actually went looking for it just the other day but couldn't get to it then for some reason, and didn't get back, I wonder if it was Saturday?  She fought so hard and so long, I was really impressed with her strength and determination.  I'm glad she was in our lives, even if it was for such a short time.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

September 29, 2015 6:01 pm  #9

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

October 2, 2015 4:52 am  #10

She was such a sweet and nice person. I only knew her from BF and this forum,but she was always pleasant.

RIP Barre 

Board footera