Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 14, 2015 5:40 pm  #41

Re: Whatcha watching on TV?

I hear the Brit version of HUMANS is good, I have it recorded along with the third season of Vikings. (Love me some Ragnor, lol until he starts acting all twitchy!)

Have you seen Orphan Black?  I've seen season 1 and have 2 recorded.  Have you seen Under the Dome?    Ooo have you seen The Last Ship?  Great first season and I'm getting ready to binge the second season.  I've seen two seasons of The 100.  Now I know it is aimed at the younger set but it was a good series.  Series 3 should start in the fall. Oh and The Americans, I'm waiting to see if they repeat season 2' first season was very good.
With the exception of the Americans these are all sci fi.  Plus the new season of Doctor Who starts in Sept.

I haven't seen Longmire, I think I saw a couple of eps on a Canadian station then they moved it around.

Outlander has everything.  Great story, great acting and dare I say some pretty steamy scenes.  It's based on a series of fabulous books.  It's about a woman who travels back in time to the Highlands, 1700s.  So we got a lot of strapping Scots in kilts in it.  At the heart of it it is a love story but ever so much more.  I know from one of my sites that plenty of the women watch with their husbands. It really is good and has really stuck to the books. My favourite book is set later and even has pirates!

Last edited by oscar66 (August 14, 2015 5:44 pm)

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

August 15, 2015 1:06 pm  #42

Thanks for some ideas, Oscar.  We do watch Under the Dome...it has that weird happenings that I like to watch.  Haven't seen Orpan Black or the Last Ship, so need to check those ones out.  Husband likes the Americans, but I can't get into that one.  Outlander sounds really good...need to check if Netflix has it. 
Husband dressed up as a Scot for Halloween one year complete with a kilt.   He looked really good.

Last edited by sunshinej (August 15, 2015 1:06 pm)

i ♥ nirvana

September 15, 2015 12:46 pm  #43

Well for the most part after ep on of Fear the Walking Dead I was left feeling flat.  Now having watched ep 2 and 3 last night I found them stressful and tense.  I know so much more than them Sunshine and they are not being careful!  lol.  Although the family are not my favourite people.  The junkie can be walkerfied first.  But I must say it seem like he, his mom, papa and Tobias are the only ones that get it so far.  I'm yelling get ye to a gun shop asap people!

I also finished re watching every season of TWD and am in mourning and withdrawal.  If I could I'd reqtch the whole darn thing again! Really such great TV for me. 

For now I think I will be watching the last 9 eps of Under the Dome and the 3rd season of Vikings.

The new seasons of everything start next week.  There are some new shows that I will give a go, like Minority Report and Blindspot to name two.  My issue with watching new stuff is a couple of networks don't give shows a fair shake and cancel just as you are getting invested in it.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

September 15, 2015 8:45 pm  #44

I don't even have a TV for my six months on the road.  Don't miss it at all.  That being said, since I have wi-fi this week I put on Netflix and Hulu last night.  I ended up watching the first episode of "The 100", pretty good.  I've watched the first episode of TWD and liked it, but havent' had time to watch more.  Hubby always has to watch the same show over and over and over and over and over.....

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

September 16, 2015 12:51 pm  #45

NIce, every summer I think of limiting tv to just an hour or two in the evening.  Never happens.  It goes on at 6 off at 11 ususally.

There are some shows I have seen the whole series a couple of times but TWD is my tv obsession and I have seen season 1 8 times (note it was only 6 episodes)  The rest I repeat prior to every new season, so you get the picture.  This was my second time for season 5, the back half but I had watched the front half twice already.  I think it truly is an obsession for most fans of this show, you just can't watch once.  With these split seasons I tend to watch the front half again prior to them airing the back half.  And yes I record them all everytime AMC repeats them.

September 16, 2015 12:52 pm  #46

PS The 100 was a pretty good show.  I think season 3 has a 2016 start date.

September 17, 2015 5:26 pm  #47

well ...Here in Srbija I watch Fox, foks life, fox crime, fox movies... and waithing the new season of- walking death.
before the death of Steve Irwin - animal planet was my favorite chanel.
I like Under the dome but I don't know about The 100, I will see on youtube what is that?

"The problem whit the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence"
                                                                                                             Charles Bukowski

September 18, 2015 7:34 am  #48

I watched the first 2 episodes of Fear the Walking Dead and haven't really attached myself to any of the characters, so far.  I get mad at them for acting so clueless at what is going on even though the father, mother and son have seen things first hand.  Who knows, maybe I would act clueless too if something extraordinary is going on, but I don't think I would though.  The junkie whose name I forgotten reminds me of a young Johnny Depp from when he was on 21 Jumpstreet. 

Season 4 of Longmire just came out on Netflix and my husband and I have been watching that.  1 to 2 episodes a night.  There is only 10 episodes in the season so we have been stretching it out as much as we can. 

I saved the last 7 episodes of Haven last season and have been watching them to prepare for the final season coming up in October. 

I haven't seen The 100.

i ♥ nirvana

September 21, 2015 9:30 pm  #49

I only watch the one episode of The Walking Dead and liked it but I would have barricaded myself with tons of ammo and killed them all.  Surely there's more bullets than zombies in America? 
The 100 is set in the future.  Some kind of radiation killed all the humans but there are a bunch of people living in the space stations.  After I forget how many years they are running out of supplies so they sent 100 young adults who had committed crimes to the surface of earth to see if it's habitable yet and also to stretch their supplies.  Turns out there's somebody or something alive down there.  There's politics going on in the space station and different factions once the kids land on earth.  Lots of testosterone, lol.
I like to watch AGT when I'm home in the winter.  LIked the first season of the Dome, that's all I've seen.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

September 23, 2015 9:45 am  #50

I just finished the third and I believe last season of Under the Dome, so I won't spoil you for anything.

I enjoy AGT as well and I'm sad Howard, who I've never been a fan of is leaving.  They had some great acts this season.  I prefer the variety acts over singers.  But i found the acts up until the finale better than the finale.

Well the new seasons and new shows are starting.  What is everyone going to watch this fall season?  What new shows are you going to invest some time in?

(lol for me of course Oct 11 can't come soon enough for TWD)  I'm looking forward to the return of the Good Wife. And Castle started again this week.  As did Doctor Who. I haven't watched it yet as I'm watching the 6 ep mini marathon they showed before hand.  Just special eps, fortunately the two I watched had my fav Doctor David Tennant in them.  I miss him.

And of course it is SURVIVOR night!!!!  and the return of some game favourites and villians. I'm rooting for you Spencer!

Board footera