Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 21, 2015 7:36 am  #31

Re: Whatcha watching on TV?

Call the Midwife is a lovely show.  Great stories.  It is a Brit show about midwives in the 50s. I highly recommend it.

Nikita is a good ole Canadian show as is Orphan Black.  I think it plays on SciFi in the U.S.  It's good.   I don't  want to give it away if you decide to watch. 

The Americans is a goodie as well.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

April 21, 2015 8:51 am  #32

Call the Midwife sounds like something I would like.  I still need to see if Netflix has it.

i ♥ nirvana

April 22, 2015 9:51 am  #33

Okay, I checked to see if Netflix carried Call the Midwife and they do - 3 seasons.  I watched the first episode of season 1.  I think I'm going to like it.  It is different than anything else I've seen on TV.  I have a little trouble understanding  all what is being said due to the accents.  The one nun for example and some of the pregnant woman or their family members. 
It isn't just this show, I also have trouble understanding everything that Sherlock Holmes in Elementary is saying too, but just as long as I get the main gist that's okay with me.

i ♥ nirvana

April 22, 2015 10:01 pm  #34

Some of the women have a real broad accent.  I do watch eastenders every day for years so I'm okay with most of it.  But I do still have to pause and rewind! Which nun?  I do love this show and I hope you enjoy it. Costuming is great as well.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

April 23, 2015 7:00 am  #35

I don't know their names quite yet, but it is the nun who seems absent minded and who kept giving the main character slices of cake (in the first episode).

Yes, the costuming is great, It is very authentic looking.  I can easily believe that it is 1957.   

i ♥ nirvana

June 1, 2015 6:52 pm  #36

If you are looking for another good show, I just finished watching season 3 of Scott and Bailey.  Its like an updated Brit version of Cagney and Lacey.  Very well written.

August 14, 2015 12:31 pm  #37

Is anyone watching AGT?

August 14, 2015 12:52 pm  #38

AGT is that the name of the show or is short for something?  I have not seen it or heard anything about it.

Not much on TV now for the summer, but have been watching Dark Matter on SyFy.  Also, we pick a  series on Netflix and run through them until the end.  Some good and some we start and can not get into.  Mad Men we tried and couldn't get into that one even though it is supposed to be good.  Just started watching Beyond.

Oscar...You looking forward to Walking Dead Los Angeles?

i ♥ nirvana

August 14, 2015 1:01 pm  #39

Yes! Fear the Dead starts August 23 and I confess I started watching the whole TWD series from the beginning. AMC has been marathoning it so for the umpteenth time I am watching it.  It's funny, you know what's going to happen who dies etc but it is still tense,heart pounding and exciting.  Plus ZNation starts again in September.  It is more humorous but I enjoyed the first season.  After the first couple of episodes it is a good romp.  No where near the obsession of TWD for me though! Lol

AGT = America's Got Talent.

Hmm Netflix, what can I recommend.  Did you ever watch Outlander? Not sure if it's in there.  What do you both enjoy?

August 14, 2015 1:25 pm  #40

Oh, of course America's Got Talent.  I've seen bits and pieces of it.  Husband controls the remote and he is a channel switcher when any commercial comes on.  If a show is not taped or on Netflix he ends up watching 3-5 shows at a time.   I just get out my laptop and play a game when he is like this.

Yes, I can't wait until the 24th to watch Fear the Dead.  The Walking Dead seasons are so far apart that'll be nice if Fear the Dead takes off and can watch on the off times.  ZNation we watch too.  It is campy good fun.

We mostly like scifi shows and I like things that are not explained.  Shows with weird happenings like Beyond or Haven, Grimm or going back like Lost.  Must be all the Twilight Zone episodes I seen growing up. HaHa.

Have not seen Outlander.  Is that a little like Vikings? 

One excellent show on Netflix is Longmire.  I love this show and can't wait until next season.

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera