Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 10, 2015 1:31 pm  #41

Re: Comments on Awakening Kingdom: Berengaria's Story

Yeah.  Young love/lust.  Ain't it great?   Your comment about Greg not knowing whom to ask for permission to court her had me ROTFLOL!  "He can't send a letter to Sophia asking her to put in a good word for him the next time she tries to kill Dreadmyre!"   Good point about the archery lessons.

July 10, 2015 5:53 pm  #42

lilyr wrote:

Part 18

B sure does get flustered when Greg is around.  Or she thinks of him.  "We need to talk".  Ummm... Teaching archery wasn't exactly what I thought Greg had in mind.  I'm glad B held on to her lobster!  Come to think of it, I know peopke can buy salmon sandwiches but I;ve never seen salmon -- the occasional catfish.  People can also buy ham but I don't remember seeing any pigs.  The same for roast beef -- where are the cows?

B's catching on pretty fast to all the various residents.

I think there's a wild boar in Sacred Grove.  As for beef, there might be a cow in one of the mini scenes in Forgotten Glen and Stone Circle. 

But that stew is described as chunky MEAT stew and there are a lot of different types of animals roaming the kingdom, so what's in it at any particluar time may vary.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

July 10, 2015 9:21 pm  #43

Part 19

I was wondering when Fahleed would show up!  The image of the garish glassworks and Lucky pulling his hat down over his eyes made me LOL.  It really is a rollerrcoaster ride when you're 18, isn't it?

Last edited by lilyr (July 12, 2015 5:54 pm)

July 14, 2015 2:48 pm  #44

Part 20

Fahleed has a point.  Seeing B wearing his clothes probably would encourage villagers to shop there -- at least the better off villagers.  Besides, the Steward should dress nicely.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  If Ran and the Pocket Dragon are selling, that's a good thing!

So B has only had one archery lesson? (I think).  She has a point about Greg needing to advise her, not order her.  She also has quite the temper!  Although Greg was probably just a handy person to vent to/at!

July 14, 2015 3:01 pm  #45

lilyr wrote:

Part 20

Fahleed has a point.  Seeing B wearing his clothes probably would encourage villagers to shop there -- at least the better off villagers.  Besides, the Steward should dress nicely.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  If Ran and the Pocket Dragon are selling, that's a good thing!

So B has only had one archery lesson? (I think).  She has a point about Greg needing to advise her, not order her.  She also has quite the temper!  Although Greg was probably just a handy person to vent to/at!

Part 20 would have been lesson #3.  

Regarding B's temper:   she's had to hold back anger for the first 18 years of her life.  Now that she's free to express her emotions, she's making up for lost time.

Also, when you're young and in love, you think that you and the beloved object are so in synch about everything.  It comes as quite a shock to find out that your beloved thinks so differently from you.  

B was trying to tell Greg about how she thought the others were trying to bribe her, but he wasn't listening.  He was too busy trying to tell her what he wanted.   She doesn't know why Sophia released her from exile, and doesn't know whether her honesty is being tested or whether this is the way people usually act when they want something.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

July 14, 2015 3:40 pm  #46

I thought B only had one actual lesson.  This one fizzled and I thought the 2nd one did too.  Of course Greg was busy trying to tell her what he wanted.  He's a guy! :D  I keep forgetting that B was so sheltered for, essentially, her entire life.

July 18, 2015 3:16 pm  #47

Part 21

If gifting before or after something is done is business as usual in the Kingdom  then B will just have to get used to it.  The gold and pearl artifact IS one of Triffledore's nicer artifacts.  And B knows what she can get if she needs to keep Lucky in line!  Oops.  Or not.  Reading down further the masks creep her out too.  Hmmmmm...A non-Steward gift from Greg?

Part 22

From flowers to a wedding ring?  Sure, dream big B!  At least you have Lucky to keep you grounded.  Good old Linea.

Triffledore certainly seems to be a valuable asset.  Or not.  He seems to lose stuff just like everyone else!

So B's first try at magic was successful? (okay not really magic, but still...)

Aww-- No one ever told B she was nice before Linea?  Not even B's nanny?

July 22, 2015 8:58 pm  #48

Part 23

Busy, busy day!  I'll have to go up to the castle and see the tapestry Fahleed restored.  So Greg still has his bimbos huh? They probably give his ego a boost.  Lucky "accidently" tipped over the container?   Boy those two squabitts really don't like each other, do they?  The Mayor seems to be putting on airs, doesn't he?  Thinks he's more important than he is.  Ah!  Fahleed came through with the dresses AND lingerie! Yay!  A sunstone pendant huh?  Does B know the signifigance of it?

(Sorry, I hit edit instead of quote and originally wrote my reply in your post.)

Last edited by TiramaSue (July 22, 2015 10:29 pm)

July 22, 2015 10:28 pm  #49

The bimbos seem to find Greg whenever there's work to be done up at the castle.  Maybe B should go up there the next time to see just what the attraction is.

Mr Vanderkins was the Squabbit-in-Chief until Licky showed up working for the steward.  There's a pecking order squabble going on.

In the game the Mayor seems to pop up and want to take credit for everything and acts like everything that gets done was done eitehr by him or at his behest.

Yes, B knows the signifigance of that pendant.  SHe is now offically being courted by the kingdom's most eligible batchelor. 

July 23, 2015 12:08 am  #50

Thanks.  I didn't know Mr. Vanderkins was "Squabitt-in-Chief"  Spot on on the Mayor.  Typical officious bureaucrat!  B certainly has quite the roller-coaster ride!  From being the outcast granddaughter of Dreadmyre to being courted by Greg!

Last edited by lilyr (July 23, 2015 12:09 am)

Board footera