Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 14, 2015 10:39 pm  #341

Re: The Chat Lounge

Stusue, your last paragraph is all that matters and you will be blessed in ways unseen for all you are doing for your mum.  I felt the same way some time but I rarely asked as my brother was in Calif., my young son has a family and my oldest was dealing with his own stuff.  I have all the time in the world now and am glad I was there for my parents and the games have just been here waiting for me so I'm playing catch up, which is heavenly as I can take my time instead of playing a little bit here and there.

Yes, these little guys have livened up my life, to say the least.  It's like having two toddlers into everything but they are so sweet, esp. when they come up on the couch and want some scratching behind their ears.  I can always tell when they are ready to head for the cage for the night as Baxter, who is the rambunctious one, just seems to sit and look at me as is to say "ok, I'm ready for my night time cookie and bed".

Wendy, glad you are heading into the best part of your season and your helper will be there to help you ~ hoping you have a really successful summer.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

June 15, 2015 8:27 am  #342

I finally remembered f...ing code,

"The problem whit the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence"
                                                                                                             Charles Bukowski

June 15, 2015 1:12 pm  #343

So sorry I've been away and have to read the posts to catch up.

Yes, I DO know when I am having an anxiety attack (she also helps me with PTSD - I was shot 5 times at point blank range) but what Freya does is sit next to me or lay on my legs and will nudge me to take meds before I get really bad.  She also helps in other ways.  She's saved my life once already (BEFORE formal training) by barking/alerting someone I needed help.  She is such a source of comfort to me.  It's a comfort to ME that I can now take her everywhere with me. 

I live in a 3 floor townhouse.  I wish I could build a moat .... or win the lottery and buy an island???

But, then, you gotta play to win!  lol

Happy Day to Everyone!

Oh, just HAD to share this with everyone ...................

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?

June 15, 2015 1:55 pm  #344

OMG freyasmom!  Thanks for sharing!    I am soo glad you have freya and she's now a certified helper animal!  What a blessing she must be.

June 17, 2015 9:57 am  #345

freyasmom...Transfinancial...Ha!  That's funny.  I don't remember who used to say Champagne tastes and a beer budget.

Sorry, to hear about the PTSD.  Glad you have little Freya to help you through it.

Oscar...Your puppy is so adorable.  No wonder everyone wants to carry him around.

Teeitup...It sounds like your two keep you hopping with their antics.

stusue...At least you have one sister on your side.  As for your other sister, I'm afraid I would say something like  "If you think you can do a better job, be my guest" if I was in your shoes. I know you like taking care of your mom so you wouldn't say that. 

mila...At least you remembered your old code.  Isn't that the way it always works, when you stop thinking about something it pops into your head.

i ♥ nirvana

June 22, 2015 7:35 pm  #346

Mila, you're funny, lol. 
My helper came out Friday and he had to sleep in the game for a couple nights and he has it soooo tidy.  I love him.  When I first met him he was a young teenager and he looked just like Doogie Howser MD, if you remember that show.  Now he looks more like Tosh .O , if you've ever seen that show.
I'm in the spot where I can use a free wifi hotspot from Brighthouse internet but it's so much slower than last year, hopefully it will be faster late at night, or in the morning,
I sent money home to fix the front end of our car, it's been smashed up for awhile now.  His mechanic buddy told him he could get it fixed for 3 or 4 hundred so I sent the money home, I'm embarrassed driving around in it.  Of course it turned out to be twice as much, and it has white parts instead of really dark grey/brown.  It looks totally stupid.  A dark grey hood with a black grill, white bumper, and white everything that surrounds the grill.  The guy did a good job fixing it but I just can't get past the color.  At least with the smashed front end I just looked poor, now I'm going to look crazy.  Is there a way I can post pictures from Facebook on here?

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

June 23, 2015 12:24 am  #347

sunshinej wrote:

stusue...At least you have one sister on your side. As for your other sister, I'm afraid I would say something like "If you think you can do a better job, be my guest" if I was in your shoes. I know you like taking care of your mom so you wouldn't say that. 

Sunshine, unfortunately, my sister has multiple (5?) mental health illnesses and so we all have to be very careful about what we say and do around her.  My sister is the loveliest person but she's prone to saying socially inappropriate things without meaning to and we do have to be very careful around her and not take offense if she says anything hurtful.  However, if you met her, you wouldn't realise that she had any mental health issues.  You'd just see the wonderful person that she is.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

June 23, 2015 12:27 am  #348

I actually got a couple of hours off yesterday while my sister was here and was able to go out to lunch with a friend who lives downstairs.  This is the first time in the 4 months I've been here that we've actually been able to catch up as I never have any free time!

We walked about 150m along the beach (and I mean along the sand) to a yummy restaurant and sat at one of the window tables, looking out over the beach and harbour.  I had my usual scrumptious meal but tried a new dessert this time.  I had beef medallions (that just melt in your mouth) on a bed of French-style peas (with bacon, spinach and onion), swimming in a yummy jus, and a round medallion of potato au gratin on top.  I followed that with sticky date pudding with a butterscotch sauce and candied ginger ice cream. Lucky I was walking back home after all that!

Now it's back to the usual fare - cereal for breakfast, tinned chunky soup for lunch, and I'll be cooking honey sausages with baked sweet potato and vegies for dinner, with ice cream for dessert.  What a comedown after yesterday!

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

June 23, 2015 1:15 pm  #349

stusue...Your lunch sounds delicious.  I feel quite carnivorous right now from reading about beef medallions.  Yum!  I like taking walks after eating a big meal and often do.  I call it walking off the belly.  Good for the ole digestion, I think.   Hey, I just realize that it is winter time for you.  Must be a relief from those blazing hot temps.  About your sister, sorry if I was tackless.  You obviously love and understand her well.

Last edited by sunshinej (June 23, 2015 1:24 pm)

i ♥ nirvana

June 23, 2015 4:11 pm  #350

I love me some beef, I'm from Iowa, we eat lots of cows and pigs out there.
We went in search of my help's bank and ended up crossing the Appalachian Trail, I hadn't realized it went so close here.  So we stopped on the way home to take a picture in front of the sign, only a couple minutes, 5 tops.  So we're on top of a big mountain and when we get back in the car we remark on how we can see the storm coming.  We start down the mountain and there's a car pulled over, we got a chuckle cause it was a convertible putting it's top up...about one minute too late.  The wind and rain got really, really bad really quickly.  We drove another minute and there's another car stopped in the road.  As we pulled up behind it we saw there was a tree across the road.  We were surrounded by trees so we turned around and found a road where there was a clearing so we didn't have to worry about a tree falling on us.  It let up after a few minutes so we went back and someone had drug the tree partially out of the road, just enough for a car to get by.  So we go through that and not a quarter mile further there's another tree in the road!  If we had taken a minute or two less at the trail those trees might have landed on us!!!  Two in a very short stretch of road.  The second one you could drive over if you had a truck but we were in a small, low to the ground Honda and Leo babies that thing so he wasn't going over it.  There was a pickup that stopped in back of us and I was waving the guy around, figured if enough vehicles went over it it would flatten out.  Well, the guy in back of us didn't go around us, he got out of his truck with a chainsaw and started cutting the tree  up, then all these guys got out of their cars and started pulling chunks of tree off the road.  It was great!!!  What are the odds the guy behind you had a chainsaw?  So we had a little adventure.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

Board footera