Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 26, 2015 1:54 pm  #41

Re: Comments about Awakening Kingdoms - Berengaria and the Captain

Day 18

It was Greg!  But now he's ill.  Blessilda seems tio have stepped up and taken care of both of them.  Sell the house?  Either I missed something or this was the first mention of it.  Also, I thought that B was able to pay the nasty soldier what she owed him with her last paycheck.

March 26, 2015 2:12 pm  #42

lilyr wrote:

Day 18

It was Greg!  But now he's ill.  Blessilda seems tio have stepped up and taken care of both of them.  Sell the house?  Either I missed something or this was the first mention of it.  Also, I thought that B was able to pay the nasty soldier what she owed him with her last paycheck.

She paid other people with last week's salary, before Nasty mentined that she also owes him.  But it will take several weeks for her to earn enough money, and Nasty wants payment in full, one way or another, next payday.   That's why B has been tearing the house apart looking for places where he father could have hidden coins or jewels or something of worth.

B originally planned to sell the house when she first arrived, in order to clear all the debts, before she saw just how much the house and the kingdom had been damaged by the war.  When she first arrived, there was nobody who would have wanted to buy the house because there was no economic activity in the kingdom.  Now that the economy has been kickstarted, people have a reason to want to move to Landsong Village.  And that house, alothough just a shell of its former self, is sitting on the best piece of real estate in Lansong.

B no longer wants to sell the house.  It's no longer her father's house, the place where she was so unhappy.  It's HER house now, and she's just started to build some good memories there.  But it's all she has, and Nasty could force her to sell.

Blessilda's heart is probably in the right place, but I'm sure she jumped at the chance to snoop through B's things in the hopes of picking up some new gossip.  She already rearanged the kitchen because B had everything in the 'wrong' place.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 29, 2015 10:47 pm  #43

Day 19

Married?  THAT was a surprise!  And Greg had a house to sell?  And he paid off nasty soldier?  Woot!

Day 20

Your description of what B found at home aftrer Greg crammed all his possessions in made me LOL!  Well of course the merchants would combine  well wishes on the marriage with requests.  They're just trying to conserve resources.   Pretty slick work on Lucky's part with the gears.  Hmmmm...no agreement on sleeping arrangements, huh?  B sure did get a lot accomplished today!

March 29, 2015 11:26 pm  #44

It certainly was a surprise to B.  She got swept up in Greg's grand gesture. 

He's finally rescued his damsel in distress, but the rescue is making her even more distressed as it dawns on her she's gained financial security but lost her freedom.

And of course they don't really know each other.  All they know is who the other person was 5 years ago.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

March 30, 2015 3:55 pm  #45

Day 21

Not the best of days for B.  I'm surprised her head didn't explode -- Lucky, Citizenship papers, Linea and the tug of war over possessions.  Rather fitting that she got the bait and fed the walrus.  Loved your last line.

April 8, 2015 9:42 pm  #46

Boy am I behind!

Day 22
  I can relate to B's bridling at being Greg's possession.  We took a tour of (at the time) DH's new office.  The big boss said "Oh. You're S's wife."  I essentially told him that I am a person who is married.  You always end on such a wonderful note.

Day 23
  Loved the Hope Chest!  It seems that the more that gets done the more there is to do.

Day 24
  Interesting point about the monograms.  Lucky? Jealous? lol  Nice cloak.  Hmmmmm....  If anyone knows about the telescope it should be Blessilda!   I was LMAO ofter seeing the pic of what the place would look like if Greg decorated.

April 19, 2015 10:05 pm  #47

And again I'm really behind.

Day 25
  How do you impress visiting dignitaries in a smaller Great Hall?  So...the bloom is off the rose, the honeymoon is over, fill in your own cliche.  Hiding money from Greg?  And why wouldn't the money go back intoi the kingdom's Treasury?  I'm glad B got to spend time with Ria.  When we get an update I'd much rather see it revolve around Ria than Shellsea.

Day 26 & Day 27
  I'm surprised B didn't balk at the price for those portraits!  I sure did!  I never liked Artist Myke either.  Green is NOT a good color for Greg!   Pack her bags? Yikes!

As for the beds...you can't really blame a young, red-blooded warrior for trying!

Last edited by lilyr (April 19, 2015 10:07 pm)

April 19, 2015 10:28 pm  #48

lilyr wrote:

And again I'm really behind.

Day 25
  How do you impress visiting dignitaries in a smaller Great Hall?  So...the bloom is off the rose, the honeymoon is over, fill in your own cliche.  Hiding money from Greg?  And why wouldn't the money go back intoi the kingdom's Treasury?  I'm glad B got to spend time with Ria.  When we get an update I'd much rather see it revolve around Ria than Shellsea.

Day 26 & Day 27
  I'm surprised B didn't balk at the price for those portraits!  I sure did!  I never liked Artist Myke either.  Green is NOT a good color for Greg!   Pack her bags? Yikes!

As for the beds...you can't really blame a young, red-blooded warrior for trying!

Although the Great Hall is smaller, the proportions are better.  20 x 30 is still a nice size room for entertaining.  If all else fails, Greg can impress people with his collection of armor and weapons and all the trophies and ribbons he's won in tournaments.  And he'll impress them with his trophy wife.

Shelsea - Awakening Kingdom's answer to Fatima Issa.

When the Mayor asks for the banners, he says: Greeting’s Steward! If you find a banner for me during your travels - I’ll make it worth your while!  When he receives them, he says:  Here’s something for your trouble!  I think the banners are for the Mayor's personal living space and not for the public area of Town Hall.   So looking for them is more a personal favor than part of the job and B feels she's entitled to the money.

May 18, 2015 4:17 pm  #49

"The problem whit the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence"
                                                                                                             Charles Bukowski

May 18, 2015 4:22 pm  #50

ART to...

"The problem whit the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence"
                                                                                                             Charles Bukowski

Board footera