Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 18, 2015 10:10 pm  #41

Re: The Chat Lounge

I like potatoes to taste like potatos, not cardboard! Instant are gross imo.  These turned out nice, smooth without being gluey.  I always throw a sweet potato or carrot in and the sweet potato was a nice consistency as well.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 18, 2015 11:44 pm  #42

Having trouble with posts at my site as well. Some came back only to have others disappear. Can get in now but who knows. 

Had sent an email to boardhost and received their reply about the attack on their servers. Used that to email them back for update since having problem submitting new ticket. Of course was just able to get into yahoo mail as apparently that is having issues ( for some anyways) . Will keep you updated on what they intend to do about future issues. 

February 19, 2015 4:05 am  #43

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that I won't be around much for a while.  My mum's in hospital and they don't know how long she has, weeks, maybe less.  She'll be going home on Monday as she's always wanted to die at home.  Plus, she lives right on the beach so she'll be able to sit there and look out at the fantastic view for her last days.  She's so happy she can do that.  She's on oxygen and morphine 24/7 (she's not in any great pain but she needs the morphine as well as the oxygen so that she can breathe) and she's really happy that she's feeling so much better now that she can breathe again and is getting oxygen into her lungs.

I'm flying out first thing Sunday but won't get there until Tuesday, once she's back home.  This time it's a very long trip as I have 14.5 hours in Hong Kong en route (I didn't have any choice about flights).  One of my sisters, her youngest daughter and I will be there with Mum 24/7 as she doesn't want to be alone.  She'll have help first thing in the morning, though, as helpers will come to get her up (she doesn't have the energy to even sit herself up in bed), bathe her, get her breakfast and give her her medication.  Then we take over and look after her during the day.

At least Mum's at peace and not scared.  She keeps playing with her wedding and engagement rings and says that she can't wait to see my dad again.  And, now that she can breathe and is thus feeling better, and knows that she'll be like this until the end, she's actually cracking jokes and laughing and is making sure that everything is organised the way she likes it!  Just like mum, independent and decisive until the end.

I'll be popping in to see how everyone's going but I don't know that I'll be up to posting much.  The next few weeks, months, are going to be very difficult.  I doubt I'll be playing many games, apart from some easy M3s and TMs to try and take my mind off things for a bit.  At least BFG has been really good and given me coupons to replace the 4 expiring PCCs I was going to use to fill a card next Monday, one for the one that expires the following week, as well as one to replace the punch card I won't now fill.  But I have so much to do before I leave, as there's no one here to look after things for me when I'm away for such a long time.  I'm still haven't recovered from the last trip to Australia so keep your fingers crossed I'm not too sick when I hop on the plane.

I wish you all well and hope none of you have any major health, life, or spiritual crises while I'm gone.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

February 19, 2015 7:27 am  #44

I'm so sorry for you and your mother, Stusue.  It does sound like she's ready to go, though, which is a blessing in itself.  My mother was like that, she looked forward to passing.  She had lung cancer but they couldn't operate and she didn't really care.  My oldest sister is like that, too.  She has a lot wrong with her and has made her peace, not that she had anything to make peace about, she's a gem. 
It's nice that she can get everything organized, it makes it easier on you girls if you know exactly what she wants, and she has time for visits with people who matter.  And lovely to be able to look at the ocean, it gives you such peace.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

February 19, 2015 7:54 am  #45

Stusue, my heart and prayers go out to your mum, you and the rest of your family.  Having been with my parents during their final journey was both tough and heartwarming and I will be forever grateful for the memories and time together.  I'm glad you will be able to be with her and wish strength for you both.  We are always here if you need us.  God Bless.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

February 19, 2015 11:16 am  #46

{{{stusue & family}}}  It sounds as though your mom is ready.  Thank God that she is comfortable!  The beach also sounds like a wonderful place for one's last days.  I hope the trip out won't be too hard on you.  If you have all that time in Hong Kong could you get a hotel room and rest?  

I was with my mother through a long, difficult end of her life and I'm glad I was.  My father died unexpectedly but I'd spent time with him a few days before.

I will be praying for you and your family.  My thoughts will often be with you.

February 19, 2015 2:59 pm  #47

stusue...I am so sorry to hear that your mum doesn't have much time left, but how nice that she can spend her time left at home and with her family.  Sounds like she has made her peace with what is coming.  My grandpa was like that too near the end,  He told us that he was ready for the graveyard.  (His words)

Now you take care of yourself.  You got a exhausting and emotional time ahead of you, so please take time to rest so you don't make yourself sick.  We are here when you need to vent or anything else.   I'll be thinking about you.   

i ♥ nirvana

February 19, 2015 4:05 pm  #48

((((((((Sue))))))

February 19, 2015 4:36 pm  #49

stusue -- What sunshinej said. 

February 19, 2015 10:34 pm  #50

(((((stusue))))) 

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Board footera