Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 7, 2015 3:00 pm  #11

Re: The Chat Lounge

teeitup,,,I bought some tonic water and put in the fridge so it's all ready when leg cramps hit.  That's great it works so fast.

i ♥ nirvana

February 7, 2015 5:04 pm  #12

Shovel number one done! I felt like I could have just started all over again!  I did go over the top bit when I was shovelling at the house. It hasn't stopped snowing all day. blech. at least it's light. My neighbour did come over with his snowblower but I told him it was okay I needed the exercise.

Last edited by oscar66 (February 7, 2015 5:07 pm)

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 7, 2015 5:58 pm  #13

sunshinej wrote:

teeitup,,,I bought some tonic water and put in the fridge so it's all ready when leg cramps hit.  That's great it works so fast.

That's great, sunshine.  You can even open it and take some of the fizz out and it still works; it can be kinda strong at first and I find that helps a little.

Oscar, now that's amazing.  I could never do that as I have an inclined driveway and if I fell, I could never get up.  How deep was it when you started?  If you have any aches and pains in your back/hip area, just rub some Icy Hot on it and it will really ease the pain.  Whenever I overdo it or when I played golf, that's always what I reach for; the next day I feel almost like new.  My ex-husband who was a baseball/basketball coach always used that on his players' shoulders.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

February 7, 2015 6:15 pm  #14

It was probably 3 inches or so but I really try to keep on top of it since I'm shovelling.  It's a nice flat drive.  I was only going to shovel the one side but I figure what the hay it is about 3000 steps to get it done and the fresh air is good for me.  If it is heavy or a lot I break it up and do a third at a time. My neighbour has come over a couple of times when it has been the wet snow so that's nice of him and lucky for me.  I have had it plowed out by a truck once when it was a huge dump of heavy snow the end on Novemeber but so far I've been lucky.  However I am going to take your advice as my back, between my shoulder blades is feeling strained and I've got some icy cold.  Hopefully I won't hurt myself trying to put it on! Lol

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 8, 2015 2:35 pm  #15

sun that was funny and so well done.  I got a real kick out of it.

Well I went out and shovelled AGAIN at 10:30pm.  And then this morning another shovelling.  I am getting the snow banks of my childhood built up around the drive.

February 13, 2015 11:58 am  #16

Hi, everyone! 

I haven't read your posts as I've been really busy doing housework (yuk) , laundry (sigh - never ending) and packing (wish it were a vacay) .

On Monday, February 16th i will be admitting myself into the hospital for an open-ended stay.  The last time I went in for a similar issue I was in for .................. 20 days!  Yeah  .... I know ... huh?!?!?

So, I won't be posting for a while as there are NO electronic devices allowed where I'm going.

But, when I get back would you like a topic like: 

Today's Wacky Holiday?  (i.e., Plum Pudding Day, Blame Someone Else Day) with a complete description of the day?

Word of the Day?  How to pronounce, origin and quotes - try to use THAT word in a sentence - lol.?

These are just some of the topics I have on my forum and thought you might be interested.  PM me with your thoughts and/or suggestions for anything else you'd like me to post.

Hugs, luv and best wishes til I see you again!

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?

February 13, 2015 5:15 pm  #17

It is so cold today I was worried that the lock on the front door was freezing.  All I could do when I went out was cross my fingers I'd be able to get back in.  I though I'd be smart and maybe leave one of my sliding glass doors unlocked, but in order to get to the backyard you've got to unlock a padlock on the gate and yup frozen solid. 

Tomorrow's game day with my sister and kids is out, it's supposed to snow.  Maybe Sunday and they are going to come here so that's a nice change.  Monday is a holiday.  It's called Family Day.  I think because the winters are so long they decided to make this stat holiday up about 10 yrs ago to give everyone a break between Xmas and Easter.

I treated myself to lunch today and had a most delicious burger at my friend's restaurant but I have indigestion now, I just can't eat a regular meal. It was tasty though.  I was out today buying new blinds.  I'm havin someone come in and do the final measure and then book him to install them as well.  $35 to measure and then $5 each to install.  3 of them are 5ft, actually I broke the one for the kitchen in two.  I like it up all the time, because, well I'm nosy and it looks out on the street while I'm doing dishes. And the 5 foot, even though vinyl was quite heavy.  It is my first little reno job.  I'm going to start on my spare bedroom, patching and prepping to paint.  Someone has shown me how to take care of some of the damage in there and there are lots of holes from large plugs used for loads of shelving.  We used to store stock from our store in there.  Sigh. I just don't want them showing the patch work thru the paint.  I'll take befores and afters for my house album.

Last edited by oscar66 (February 13, 2015 5:17 pm)

February 14, 2015 5:51 am  #18

oscar66:  PLS send me the snow!!!  Haven't had more than less than a dusting twice this whole season.  But, then, my family are renowned "weather whisperers".  Wherever we move, the weather changes.  Maryland was besieged with blizzard after blizzard for years and we moved there for 10 years ... barely snowed during the entire time, except for a mild "snow event' one year.  lol  TRUE STORY!  We moved to TX for a few years ... they had been besieged with rain and floods every year ... we moved there ... practically a drought ... we left and the downpours started again.   Same with the snow in Maryland.  It snowed constantly here in MO.  We moved here and we haven't had a decent snow in 5 years.  Yes, it's proven .... we are the weather whisperers.

And the weather changes here!  One day it's 70, next day it 30!  Bizarro!

Sorry about the indigestion after the amazing burger.  My youngest would tell me "your body is rejecting real food mom".  Because I never eat.  Sigh.

SOOOOO admire you doing the reno work urself.  GO!!!!!  You have my utmost admiration and respect.  If I picked up a hammer it would land on my toe and the work would be over!  lol

Take care.

and

Happy Valentine's Day to ALL!  Hugs and much love! 

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?

February 14, 2015 11:18 am  #19

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. Keeping my DGD tonight so my youngest and his wife can celebrate together. 

My oldest son just finished putting up a fence on the south side of my house to enclose my yard in.  I live on a cul-de-sac that abuts up to a major street and our addition renovated our neighborhood boundary line with a beautiful precast rock fence but during the construction, they had to tear down the fence which had a gate in it.  I just never got around to have them come back to fix it so now I can finally think about getting another dog.  After my folks' dog ran off last summer, I've been missing him so have been looking at rescues and waiting to find one that speaks to me.  Had yorkies before but they both died young and were hard to house break since I worked back then.  My son had schnauzers with his former wife and loves them but I've been thinking about a westie or a pomeranian (they always look like they are smiling) but am a little allergic to dander so a dog with longer hair may be out.  Any good suggestions for a mostly, small inside dog.  Had a german shepard when my kids were little and loved him to death but had to put him to sleep because his temperment changed because of an ear problem we could never clear up.

Feel so sorry for the people in and around Boston as they are getting pounded this year with snow.  I know they are better equipped with snow plows and all but would think it would really complicate everyday life, getting to work, school and just day to day stuff, not to mention snow on roofs, drives, etc.  Oscar, you are a wonder woman to get out and shovel your own snow.  I like it one or two times but glad when I don't have to drive in it.  About 3 years ago, we have a massive storm for us, over 14" and I couldn't get out of my cul-de-sac for 3 days.  My boss finally had to come and get me and my son had to shovel a path on my drive so I could get out.

Last edited by teeitup46ok (February 14, 2015 11:19 am)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

February 14, 2015 12:00 pm  #20

Tee, sshh I keep my little wonder woman crown under my toque! I'm actually quite enjoying it.  There is something satisfying when I turn and survey my clean drive.  (I just came in from doing it.  It's not too cold out, -11C and sunny.  If it was heavy snow I'd have to rely on my neighbour, or take hours to dig out bits at a time.  So knock wood, lots of times out shovelling but nice fluffy snow. Snowmobilers are loving it around here and the lake is totally frozen over, though I wouldn't go out on it personally.

How about a Papillion.  I love these little dogs.  Probably because I fell in love with my vet's.  HIs name is Harvick and he is lovely.  She also has a cat named Betty that I adore.  And about a dozen more that are wandering about on her farm.  She will rescue any poor guy and love them to bits, rehome or keep them.  (I think she keeps more than she rehomes!)

Board footera