Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 10, 2015 9:41 am  #21

Re: Whatcha watching on TV?

Wendy each season is a different setting and era, but they all are intermingled in some way.  Asylum was my favourite season and Jessica Lange is fantastic in every one.  He tends to use the same actors every season and brings in new later on.  Coven, the third season, takes place in New Orleans and includes some historically bad people. (I remember a game that included the one that's in it, maybe Deadtime Stories, I digress). Coven, Kathy bates and Angela Bassett to name a few come on board. Freak Show just ended.  What always strikes me is that the guy that writes this writes Glee, couldn't be more different.  If you want to see something startling look up the actress who plays Pepper.  If you watch the little things when you see a later series or ep, the links are they.  For instance there was something in a late ep of Freak Show, just something that happened and it was actually on the front page of a magazine in Asylum.  Time wise Asylum happens after Freak Show.  Now that I've thoroughly confused you just sit back and enjoy the weirdness that is American Horror Story.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 10, 2015 5:38 pm  #22

I had watched maybe 4 to 6 episodes and although I loved the acting I wasn't enjoying all the disappearing people and I decided to watch one more episode and that was the one that got me hooked.   I'm only on episode 2 of Asylum cause of all the moving and stuff, but it's making me sad with all the injustice and even the regular insane people.  And to think it was like that not so very long ago, heck maybe it still is in some places

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

February 12, 2015 12:43 am  #23

I very very stupidly started pvring Mad Men in December.  I have, gulp 35 episodes recorded so far, and thought oh I'll just erase them.  um but first let me just watch one and see what it's like.  3 episodes later I am solidly hooked into the world of Don Draper.  I do love that 50s hedonistic vibe they have going on.

They are playing every episode Sunday morning for three hours until the new season.  I think I missed recording three.  but I am only 3 seasons in.  39 more epsides to go?? I'm not sure how many season there were.  I'm trying to clean off one pvr as it is dying but with 35 episodes of that on it it will take awhile!

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 12, 2015 7:07 am  #24

I haven't seen Mad Men or American Horror Story yet.

I starting rewatching season 1 of TWD.  I watched 3 episodes yesterday back to back as I really liked seeing how it all first started.  You forget some of the earlier details like how and when Rick meets some of the others.  Also,it was nice to see some of these earlier characters I forgot about and it was nice seeing old favorites who didn't survive.

Oscar...You know how in the first episode Rick meets Morgan Jones and his son.  Well, I thought Morgan Jones was so familar and then I placed him as the FBI agent in Jericho.

Also, what does the P mean in PVR?   I noticed that you have used it a few times and can't think what the P stands for.  

Last edited by sunshinej (February 12, 2015 7:11 am)

i ♥ nirvana

February 12, 2015 9:02 am  #25

I know we Canadians just gotta be different, the P stands for personal.

Sun, isn't it amazing seeing Rick first stumble around.  And seeing what a baby Carl is.  Also Carol, what a difference.  I think we will see Morgan back again, he has been popping up in the previews.  I forgot about that, Jericho was a good show.  (I liked Revolution as well, I was disappointed when they cancelled that, but it is still worth watching)

I hope Stusue starts watching soon and wants to talk. I have no problem chattering away about it.

February 12, 2015 2:07 pm  #26

Oscar, TWD is next on my list to be streamed, first I want to finish watching NCIS.  I just finished Season 9 so only Season 10 go go now (that's all that Amazon has to be streamed).  Then TWD!  I haven't watched too much this week as I've been really busy - vampires, grocery shopping, stuffing my face at my usual Chinese buffet for the first time since I've been back - and then this weekend there's all the wintersport, as usual.  But I hope to start watching TWD next week!

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

April 20, 2015 7:34 am  #27

Am I the only one who watches Bates Motel?  Husband & I have watched it from the beginning.  We just saw the most recent episode last night and Freddie Highmore who plays Norman Bates did such a brilliant job of Norman losing it after his mother took off.  It really was quite chilling.

Last edited by sunshinej (April 20, 2015 7:42 am)

i ♥ nirvana

April 20, 2015 11:54 am  #28

Oscar...How have you been liking the last few episodes of Vikings?  Been pretty exciting hasn't it.  My husband enjoys that show and I was kinda watching while I was cutting out material for my Fourth of July wreath.  I catch it in bits now again.  Ragnar & Lagertha children were just boys and now they are men.  That Ragnar is pretty cute don't you think?  Floki is one of my favorite characters on that show.

i ♥ nirvana

April 20, 2015 12:21 pm  #29

Sun - I haven't watched yet.  I have them all recorded for a little binge watch.  And yes Ragnar is gorgeous.  Those eyes swoon!  It really is a good show and yup Floki is entertaining to say the least.

I did start watching Bates Motel in the first season and for some reason it fell off my radar.  Freddie Highmore is so creepy good. I have a couple of series written down that I plan on getting this service we have call Shomi for a couple of months and watching, this one, The Blacklist and the second season of The Americans are on there.

They just repeated all the eps of Orphan Black for season 2 so I can get caught up on that.  I have so much recorded it often gets a little overwhelming.   Strange but true.  This morning with breakfast I watched one of my favourite shows.  Call the Midwife.   lol then I watch the Walking Dead!

April 21, 2015 6:30 am  #30

I tried to get interested in The Blacklist.  I saw a few episodes and just couldn't.  The Americans is one my husband watches.  He likes it.  Don't know what Orphan Black is.

Yes, I agree about Ragnar.  It is most definitely his eyes, very mesmerizing. 

I'll have to see what Call the Midwife is about and if Netflix has it.  One series that we have been watching on Netflix is Nikita.

i ♥ nirvana

Board footera