Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 6, 2015 9:47 pm  #11

Re: Whatcha watching on TV?

thanks stusue and Tirama.  I thought Australia was the only country that enforced mandatory voting too.

February 7, 2015 2:59 am  #12

Wow, thanks Tirama

I'd read that Australia was the only country with compulsory voting.  Stupid newspaper. 

But I like compulsory voting because it gets all the lazy people out of their chairs and to the voting booths so I think you get a more accurate view of what the people actually want, it makes people more politically aware but Aussies still aren't political, and if you're against voting then you can simply donkey vote.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

February 7, 2015 9:19 am  #13

Sun - I am really looking forward to it.

Re voting, I wish Canada did that.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 7, 2015 9:20 am  #14

I'm watching Grantchester as well on Masterpiece.  I love Robson Greene.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 7, 2015 9:49 am  #15

oscar66 wrote:

Forever in German? Hmm you will miss the dulcet tones of ioan grufold (sp?).

Hope you can get TWD.

I'm officially an adult on Amazon.de !!!!    So now I can watch TWD in English !!!! 

I just hope I like it. 

Well, I'd rather watch Forever in English so I'll wait and see.  I can watch anything in German and understand it.  However, if they're discussing something that I've never discussed before and thus I won't know the vocab, I'll miss a lot of the detail.  And it's always better to watch a film in its original language.  I prefer to watch German movies or TV series in German than in English, as the subtitles or dubbing (as they do in Europe) is never the same as what's being said.  I remember watching a French film that had English subtitles.  The guy was explaining exactly where and when he was going to meet the woman, in great detail, and the subtitles said, "I'll see you later."  LOL.  Had I not spoken French I wouldn't have known what he'd said to her.  Whenever I watch a movie with subtitles when I know both languages, it's always fun seeing how much detail is lost in the translation.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

February 7, 2015 12:51 pm  #16

stusue wrote:

I'm officially an adult on Amazon.de !!!!    So now I can watch TWD in English !!!! 

I just hope I like it. 

Well, that's good.  I think you'll enjoy watching TWD.  You should hear me yelling at the TV.  Watch out! - Look behind you! - Get away!   Can't you see those zombies coming at you! 
They never do listen to me.

i ♥ nirvana

February 7, 2015 1:01 pm  #17

My niece and I have been just texting about TWD.  I bought her a shirt last birthday that said "Keep calm, and aim for the head" lol. Stusue it has great characters and great writing and story lines .  Yes there is gore but it is a fantastic series.  Sun - once Stusue has seen season 1, which is quite short I will comment on something.

February 7, 2015 2:53 pm  #18

oscar66 wrote:

My niece and I have been just texting about TWD. I bought her a shirt last birthday that said "Keep calm, and aim for the head" lol. Stusue it has great characters and great writing and story lines . Yes there is gore but it is a fantastic series. Sun - once Stusue has seen season 1, which is quite short I will comment on something.

oscar...All what you said is right on the mark.

I saw those tshirts and ones with other sayings and was going to get one for my SiL last Christmas, but they were pretty picked over.

Okay, I will wait with bated breath. 

i ♥ nirvana

February 8, 2015 4:14 pm  #19

Lol nothing earth shattering.  But I have watched season one four times and it was just something that really stuck out to me the last go round which maybe hadn't had such an impact on me before.  Dun dun dun!

Stusue - a couple of other really good series so you don't thing all I watch is zombies and gangsters, lol.  If you haven't seen them, Sherlock (with Benedict Cumberbatch and my boyfriend Martin Freeman). Call the Midwife, I love this show.  Downton Abbey is wonderful.  And for some comedy Miranda, she kills me she is so funny.  And back to the fighting, Vikings is terrific!  Season 3 starts week after next so I imagine you can get the first two.  And Ragnar is just one of those actors, like Norman Reedus, that looks good grubby.  and Viggo Mortensen and Anson Mount both of whom are not near as handsome clean! Lol Norman is cute cleaned up.  But you will fall a little in love with him as the seasons go by on the Walking Dead.  Speaking of Anson Mount, good series, Hell on Wheels.

February 10, 2015 7:05 am  #20

I'm planning on watching TWD after hubby leaves.  I've watched the first season of American Horror Story, I really liked it, the actors and acting were terrific.  It was about a haunted house in LA.  I just started season 2, wondering where it would go after the season ending, and it turns out it's about a totally different haunted place, this time an asylum.  I really like the concept of how they're doing it.  

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

Board footera