Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 6, 2015 10:51 am  #1

Whatcha watching on TV?

I just finished watching the final season of Boardwalk Empire.  It was fairly satisfying.  I would have liked to have seen a couple of people bumped off but historically it wouldn't have worked.

I've been watching Stalker.  I have never watched a TV show that is creepy and makes me jump like the first couple of these episodes.

My favourite new show of 2014 is Forever.  I love this show.  If you have a chance watch it.

And exciting for me The Walking Dead is back on Sunday!  I rewatched every season during the marathon, I just love this show!!!

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 6, 2015 12:35 pm  #2

Re: Whatcha watching on TV?

Oscar, I've just checked out all three series you mentioned on my Amazon Fire TV Prime Streaming (you know my love affair with that) using the voice recognition (which is SO much fun!) and yay, it has all 5 season of Boardwalk Empire in English!!!!  So I've added it to my Watchlist and I'll check it out. 

I couldn't find Stalker but I'll check it out online.

As for Forever, it has it but only in German.  It's also rated Over 18 and I can't prove that I'm over 18 online because I have neither a German passport nor a German ID card.  I sent an email to Amazon CS just this arvo asking how to do it because I can also get The Walking Dead in English but it's also an Over 18 series and, after playing the first chapter of the game on my Amazon Fire tablet, I'd like to check out the series.

What you're doing today is important
because you're exchanging a day of your life for it.

February 6, 2015 12:58 pm  #3

Forever in German?  Hmm you will miss the dulcet tones of ioan grufold (sp?).

Hope you can get TWD.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

February 6, 2015 1:00 pm  #4

And I've just started Foyles War.  I think I missed a couple of eps but m not sure. They are 2002. The gorgeous David Tennant (forever my Doctor Who) is in this episode.

plus The Great British Bakeoff, good baking competition if you are in to that.

Empire Boardwalk was a very good series I'm looking forward to the 3rd season of Vikings (feb 19).  Really good series and the new season of G of T, not sure when it starts.  I'm going to save my points up with my cable company and get HBO when that returns.

Last edited by oscar66 (February 6, 2015 1:04 pm)

February 6, 2015 3:07 pm  #5

oscar...You know I'll be watching The Walking Dead too come this Sunday.

Hubby & I had the Sons of Liberty mini series dvr'd and just finished watching it.   

We also started watching Stalker.  Didn't know how I would like it in the beginning, but it's coming around.

Elementary is another one we watch, along with Grimm & Sleepy Hollow.

What is G of T?   Oh, nevermind - It is Game of Thrones isn't it?

Have to look to see if we have Forever and what's it about.

i ♥ nirvana

February 6, 2015 3:08 pm  #6

I watch a LOT of TV but almost none of the series anyone talks about here because I don't have cable.  I was thinking of watching FOREVER but it was on opposite 2 other series I watch (watch one, record the other) so I wasn't able to.  Other people have said it's really good.  I watched STALKER from the beginning but I'm on the fence right now.  It seems to be the same story over and over.  I'll finish out the season anyway.

stusue -- You have to prove that you're over 18?  Is that a German requirement or an Amazon requirement?  So I guess you're still an Australian citizen but a resident alien in Germany?  You must have permanent staus by now.

Last edited by lilyr (February 6, 2015 3:09 pm)

February 6, 2015 4:30 pm  #7

lilyr wrote:

stusue -- You have to prove that you're over 18?  Is that a German requirement or an Amazon requirement?  So I guess you're still an Australian citizen but a resident alien in Germany?  You must have permanent staus by now.

I'm sure it's German law.  Just like going to the cinema or hiring DVDs from a video rental place, you have to prove you're over 18 to watch movies that are only for Over 18s.

As for my legal status, yes, I'm an Aussie citizen but no longer a resident.  Whenever I go back to Australia I enter as a foreigner entering the country temporarily on holiday, but I don't need a visa as I enter using my Aussie passport.  I'm not a German citizen and neither do have resident status in Germany (so I'm officially a resident nowhere).  I can live in Germany as I have a European passport so I can come and go at wil and stay as long as I like.

February 6, 2015 6:19 pm  #8

Thanks stusue.  There's a European passport?  So you probably can't vote anywhere.

February 6, 2015 6:43 pm  #9

lilyr wrote:

Thanks stusue.  There's a European passport?  So you probably can't vote anywhere.

Lily, I have a British passport, which means a European passport as Britain is part of the EC, which means that I can live anywhere in the EC.

And no, I can't vote in Germany but I'm not sure about in Australia.  I keep on meaning to check it out but I haven't been in Australia when there's been an election and haven't gotten around to seeing if I can vote by postal vote.  I'll have to make a note to check that out. 

However, I've got a vague idea that I was fined once for not voting but my mum let them know that I no longer lived in Australia so I didn't have to pay it.  And yes, I think Australia is the only country in the world where voting is compulsory and you're fined if you don't vote.  But you can 'donkey' vote, which means you don't fill out the form correctly, eg. you may leave it blank, or draw pretty pictures all over it, or put 1 in evey square, or even tell them what you really think of the government, things like that.  You just have to turn up, get your name crossed off, and put the papers in the boxes.

February 6, 2015 7:41 pm  #10

stusue wrote:

lilyr wrote:

Lily, I have a British passport, which means a European passport as Britain is part of the EC, which means that I can live anywhere in the EC.

And no, I can't vote in Germany but I'm not sure about in Australia.  I keep on meaning to check it out but I haven't been in Australia when there's been an election and haven't gotten around to seeing if I can vote by postal vote.  I'll have to make a note to check that out. 

However, I've got a vague idea that I was fined once for not voting but my mum let them know that I no longer lived in Australia so I didn't have to pay it.  And yes, I think Australia is the only country in the world where voting is compulsory and you're fined if you don't vote.  But you can 'donkey' vote, which means you don't fill out the form correctly, eg. you may leave it blank, or draw pretty pictures all over it, or put 1 in evey square, or even tell them what you really think of the government, things like that.  You just have to turn up, get your name crossed off, and put the papers in the boxes.

According to wikipedia, there are 22 countries with compulsory voting, but only 11 of them enforce it.  Their article aboout compulsory voting is interesting.  I already knew that Belgium had it.  I've seen photos of their royal family showing up at the polls to cast their vote.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Board footera