Finish Your Games Challenge

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 13, 2014 10:41 am  #2721

Re: Finish your games challenge - 2014

I have 3 CE's that have been sitting on my desktop for months. I am determined to at least get a couple of them out of the way this week. 

Hidden Expedition : The Crown of Solomon
Witches Legacy : The Ties that Bind
Lost Legends : The Weeping Woman.

Picked up Fishdom : Depths of Time CE from Playrix for 2.99 this week from an email special. Good thing I did as I am not sure if I am going to be able to finish it. this one is harder for sure. Would have been upset if I had used GCC's or spent real money. 

November 13, 2014 10:56 am  #2722

Can't help with the computer stuff, Sunshine.  my desktop is slow as molasses, I'm starting to look up stuff about how to fix it.  I'm in the process of clearing out a lot of games, starting with all my demos, and seeing if that will help.  Then I'll do a defrag and whatever else I can find to do.  The hard drive is only half full, I don't know what the prob is.
Freyasmom, we're all here because we don't finish our games  Well, we finish some of them but then we buy  a bunch more, lol.  But only on mondays, and especially the Monday after a BOGO cause the code still works then.  We like to talk about our games, a lot of the other forums that started up are more social, not  that we're not social, but I think we're more dedicated to the games.
   I started Myths of Orion last night, it's on GH.  The scene changes are pretty slow.  Right now I"m stuck on a puzzle where you have to jump over pegs but you have to land the last one in a specific hole.  Think I might have to call hubby in on this one.  I've tried a half dozen times, and he likes to be needed.
What are these icons?
i can't tell if they're throwing up or what.

No matter how much I complain, I'm grateful for all I have.

November 13, 2014 10:58 am  #2723

sunshinej -- Fins crossed that Malwarebytes took care of your problems.  I remember someone saying that their computer got totally trashed when their son's friend brought a disc over (some game) and loaded it into the computer.

freyasmom -- Well the site IS called Finish Your Games Challenge!   (using this as a great big grin)

November 13, 2014 12:01 pm  #2724

I'm still working on Gizmos: Spooky Adventures.  There's no way I can get gold on some of these boards without cheating.  I'm working on the 30x30 boards.  I'm aiming to get at least silver on everything.  Then I'll call the game finished but keep it on the desktop to try for gold.

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

November 13, 2014 12:02 pm  #2725

I started Imperial Island 2, M3, but I don't really like the icons, there's gold fish and you have to break gold tiles, they just blend in too much.

November 13, 2014 2:04 pm  #2726

Wendy, surprisingly one of them is smoking, and the other is like "whew". (Those smilies, in case you are thinking wtf is she talking about!)

I like the challenge of the challenge thread.  I too often get a little overwhelmed with how many I have.  Same with books and recorded TV.  There really can be too many choices! As well plaing a couple of oldies in there you really can appreciate how far games have come.  But there is still really something to be said for the more stripped down games.  I don't mind the lack of achievements, collectibles etc. RN a I bet the are trying to come up with the next new thing as those have become de rigeur and boring for some.

"There is no more perfect stillness than the solitude in the heart of a snowstorm." Diana Gabaldon

November 13, 2014 2:49 pm  #2727

Now that I have Gamehouse for a year I feel guilty if I play a BFG game that I already own, I feel like I'm wasting time, or money, or something
I just finished Witch's Pranks.  It was a fun, enjoyable game.  The frogs kinda gave me the creeps, though.   the PE has the third frog.  It has the frog avatars as achievements, I think that's a cute idea.  I really like Shaman Games.

November 13, 2014 6:14 pm  #2728

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/13/business/churchill-downs-to-buy-big-fish-games-for-up-to-dollar885-million.html?_r=0

Check this out ~ wonder what it means for the casual games since this seems to relate to the mobile game business and check out what it says for a bonus for Mr. Thelen.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/brierdudley/2014/11/12/big-fish-games-sold-for-up-to-885-million/

Here's another one, haven't read it yet.

Last edited by teeitup46ok (November 13, 2014 6:39 pm)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

November 13, 2014 6:37 pm  #2729

My computer was also running slow, taking forever for things on pages to load so I did run Malwarebytes which I already had on my computer (free version) and it really didn't find much.  I have a lot of space on my C drive since most of my games are on my 2 external drives.  I finally called Cox on Monday morning to have them check to see if there was a problem with my transmission as I hadn't had any problems.  I had gone down to the lowest level of internet speed last spring to save money and it had been fine till lately.  Decided to go back to my former speed ($15 more a mo) and that made a lot of difference.  He had a tech come out to check my lines since I did have water damage this summer and lo and behold, I had plugged my wi-fi into my old computer which was hooked up to my new one after I put everything back together after the water problem, he switched it to the new one and man the speeds took off.  So now I don't know if it would have done that before I upped it or what the problem was but now everything loads great.

Sunshine, do you have any kids or a husband that may be going to "iffy" places because some times those sites can load tons of junk on your computer.  I DL Java updates all the time for my games on Pogo and never have any problems with them, except the newest vers. 8.25 which is beta as it really affected some games so went back to vers. 7.71 and everything is good there now.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

November 13, 2014 7:00 pm  #2730

teeitup46ok wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/13/business/churchill-downs-to-buy-big-fish-games-for-up-to-dollar885-million.html?_r=0

Check this out ~ wonder what it means for the casual games since this seems to relate to the mobile game business and check out what it says for a bonus for Mr. Thelen.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/brierdudley/2014/11/12/big-fish-games-sold-for-up-to-885-million/

Here's another one, haven't read it yet.

Mr Thelen may or may not get a bonus.  According to another article:   Gross bookings at Big Fish stood at $278 million last year, and Thelen is poised to make a $50 million “founder bonus” if he can grow the company to $1 billion in gross bookings by the end of 2016.

I have no idea what gross bookings are, but in order to get the 50 million, Thelen has to nearly quadruple them in a little over 2 years.

http://www.geekwire.com/2014/churchill-downs-acquires-big-fish/

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixity seconds of happiness. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Board footera